Chapter 1

Post-it Notes

“Ya Cho Kyuhyun… Did you stick something on that Freedom Board?”

                Kyuhyun stared at the slightly smaller guy beside him. His raven hair was messy, his almond-shaped eyes reflected how intrigued he was. Kyuhyun shrugged the other’s question with fake innocence and advanced ahead from his companion.

“There is nothing embarrassing about posting on that board. In fact, I am glad you’re participating on the Student Council’s project. So why did you just ignored my question?” The raven haired guy asked as he caught up with Kyuhyun. “Kyuhyun-ah.”

“Just see it for yourself. Curiosity killed the cat though.” He let out a chuckle. “Don’t pout Kim Jongwoon, it doesn’t make you cuter or younger than me.”

“How did you know that I pouted?!” Jongwoon demanded, obviously caught off guard. “You aren’t even looking at me. Also, you aren’t paying attention to me, even the slightest.”

                Kyuhyun abruptly stopped walking. He turned sideways, facing Jongwoon. His hazel brown eyes met his hyung’s confused black ones. He secretly enjoyed the quizzical look etched on the elder’s face.

“Kyuhyun-ah?”

He flicked the elder’s forehead and grinned mischievously, “Babo~”

                Jongwoon flinched. As the other was busy rubbing his poor forehead to ease the stinging sensation, Kyuhyun walked, and shoved his hands into his pockets. Jongwoon scowled as it dawned to him that the younger walked again ahead of him.

“YA CHO KYUHYUN YOU BRAT! WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT FOR?! JUST WAIT UNTIL I…”

                It seemed that the younger didn’t hear him. Someone tapped his shoulder. He turned around to see that someone and he froze.

“No shouting along the corridor. That’s on the student handbook.”

“Heechul hyung… I mean President Kim…” Jongwoon unconsciously swallowed, nervousness ran down on his spine.

                The other students stared sympathetically at Jongwoon as they passed by. Getting in trouble and getting caught by Heechul, the Student Council President, means you have to pray to all Supreme Being that exists to be spared from punishment.

“You’ll be late for your choir practice Woon-ah~” Heechul smirked.

                Jongwoon inwardly swore and dashed towards the Music Room.


                The choir practice didn’t go smoothly. Kyuhyun and Jongwoon got scolded for being late. Lee Hyukjae, their choir master, doesn’t tolerate any tardiness from any choir member. Teacher Lee firmly believes that being a choir member requires to have passion for singing, the golden voice and strong self-discipline. Jongwoon felt sorry that Kyuhyun got scolded because the younger waited for him before going inside the Music Room. Yet, he can’t deny that he felt a bit grateful towards the younger. Both of them were punished to clean the Music Room.

                After finishing their task, the two of them left the Music Room. They walked their way towards the Student Council Room.

“Ya walk slowly Kyuhyun-ah.”

“Wae? Can catch up with me?” Kyuhyun laughed when the elder glared at him.

“We’re not in a hurry you idiot.” Jongwoon caught a glance of the Freedom Board. “Oh wait! Heechul hyung asked me to collect the sticky notes from the Freedom board. Help me Kyuhyun-ah.”

“You can do it by yourself hyung. It isn’t a tiring job.” Kyuhyun answered flatly.

                Jongwoon muttered incoherent words. Kyuhyun swore he heard Jongwoon say “cheeky brat.” Jongwoon carefully detached the sticky notes from the board. A light blue post-it note caught his attention. The penmanship was familiar, he thought. Of course, it belonged to Kyuhyun. Written on that particular note:

I always look at you

Even if a day pass and another day passes by…

 

“Trying to be poetic Kyuhyun-ah?” Jongwoon commented.

                Kyuhyun just smiled at his hyung and began helping his hyung to detach the other sticky notes.


 

The sound of you breathing, the sound of you laughing

It still makes me tremble…

          

“You surprise me with you writing skills Kyuhyun-ah.”

                Kyuhyun stared at Jongwoon blankly. Jongwoon waved the light blue post-it note and he was holding a box full of post-it notes. Kyuhyun is amazed, despite the large numbers of sticky notes, Jongwoon can easily determine which is Kyuhyun’s. He is proud of the fact that Jongwoon knows him very well. But Jongwoon isn’t perfect, he is human, it is normal that he would miss some details about Kyuhyun.

“Maybe you should join the Writer’s Club or the Journalism Club.” Heechul suggested. He was busy checking the Weekly Activity Report of every school organization.

“Why don’t you join too hyung then? You are a fantastic writer yourself.” Kyuhyun retorted.

                Heechul let out an amused chuckle. He kept his gaze on the reports that he was checking. Jongwoon threw dagger looks at Kyuhyun who just returned nonchalant glances on him.

“You are so dead Cho Kyuhyun.” Jongwoon mouthed.

“I thought you weren’t interested on my stories Kyuhyun-ah. So you heard my only story? Interesting. I wonder how you are weaving yours.” Heechul lifted his gaze from the papers and landed on Kyuhyun.

                Jongwoon felt something heavy rising in the room’s atmosphere.

“Our story resembles each other. But yours have high chances to be on the brighter side. Just don’t be an idiot Cho Kyuhyun.”

                They held each other’s gaze for a moment. Kyuhyun peeled a post-it note and stuck it on the wall. Then he turned the knob and pushed the door open.

“Just remember Cho Kyuhyun is awesome.” Then he closed the door behind him.

                Jongwoon read the note aloud.

I know that my wishes has no meaning to you

                Heechul chuckled again. He started stacking the papers into a neat pile.

“Heechul hyung?” Jongwoon shot him a quizzical look.

“Woon-ah, wake up.”


 

[A/N: Hahaha. XD OMG. I posted the first chapter. ㅋㅋㅋㅋ This was supposed to be a oneshot but things change you know. XD Comments are highly appreciated :D]