Chapter 16

Post-it Notes

[Warning: Unedited. T^T]

 


POST-IT NOTES

Chapter 16

 

           Exams week was over and Jongwoon barely made it. His test results were good. He felt very exhausted and drained. He tried his best to concentrate on studying but his mind had been a mess of thoughts. He tried every scented candle that would help him calm his nerves, sleep well and make his concentration stable. His brother found it weird because and thought that Jongwoon was practicing witchcraft (Are there guys into witchcraft? LOL. XD). His mother started contemplating if she should change his name because his son had gotten with weirder, carrying scented candles wherever part of their house he was.

           He was sitting under the shade of the big tree and he felt very sleepy. He checked his phone for messages or calls but he got none. He closed his eyes and sighed. He shot his eyes open and hurriedly swiped his phone screen to unlock when he felt it vibrated. He almost threw his phone in annoyance. It was Heechul and the others, flooding his inbox with messages. He read the messages:

 

                     From: Heebongie <010-****-**10>

                     12:10 pm

                     Jongwoon you… come here! Exams are over!

                    

                     From: Heebongie <010-****-**10>

                     12:12 pm

                      Come here. Sungmin has packed lunch. His mom made a lot of food!

 

From: Heebongie <010-****-**10>

                     12:15 pm

                     Don’t be such a turtle! Use your feet and go here in 5… 4…. 3….

 

From: Heebongie <010-****-**10>

                     12:25 pm

                     We finished all the food. Don’t bother anymore.

 

From: Heebongie <010-****-**10>

                     12:30 pm

                     Woon-ah~~ We need you here! I don’t want to deal with this brat!!><

                    

From: Danhobak Ming <010-****-**01>

                     12:45 pm

                     Hyung. I’ll go crazy! They are driving me nuts! ><

 

From: Danhobak Ming <010-****-**01>

                     12:46 pm

                     They are fighting over a piece of maki! Sheeez!

 

From: Danhobak Ming <010-****-**01>

                     12:47 pm

                     I’ll use martial arts on them. Can I hyung?

 

From: Kim Taeyeon <010-****-**09>

                     12:50 pm

                     Annyeong sunbae! ㅋㅋ Teacher Lee said we have practice later. ^^

 

From: *싴칼 <010-****-**18>

                     12:55 pm

                     Skip practice later and you are dead meat oppa! ><”

 

From: Danhobak Ming <010-****-**01>

                     01:01 pm

                     Eomma was asking if you liked the scented candles btw. ㅋㅋㅋ

 

                     From: ** 잘생긴갬규 <010-****-**03>

 

 

“This brat! Aish! The nerve! He just sent me a blank message?!”

           Jongwoon said while gritting his teeth in sure annoyance. He shoved his phone in his pocket and decided to skip classes. Of all the text messages he received, none of them was from Ryeowook. They haven’t seen each other since the exams started and according to Sungmin, Ryeowook got sick and he can’t attend his classes. The thing that makes Jongwoon more upset is Ryeowook seems to be ignoring his texts and his calls. One time, Ryeowook picked up his call but it appeared that Ryeowook asked Donghae (which is his uncle) to answer the call. It was actually Donghae who suggested scented candles to him. Donghae engaged him in a conversation and the man is really kind-hearted, warm and a mother-figure.

           He remembered Heechul. The effeminate never does the flooding thingy, you should be the one, because Kim Heechul is a big spacestar. He should now be scared out of his wits because Heechul dislikes showing too much affection but admittedly, he enjoys the attention that he’s getting from his Heechul hyung. Sungmin went to see him yesterday, told him that Ryeowook can’t still make it to school and that his Donghae eomma asked him to give the apple cinnamon scented candles. He was really touched at the gesture but upon remembering apples, a bitter taste spread among his taste buds. Apples, it reminds him of Kyuhyun. And hundreds of rants flashed in his mind, He already thought of all possible sadistic ways as a punishment to the brat but he just ended up sighing deeply, still thinking why the younger had gone cold towards him.

-xx-

           Jongwoon fell asleep under the shade of the oak tree. The vibrations from his phone woke him. Still under the cloud of sleep, He picked up the call. Teacher Lee called and asked him to attend the practice. He only said that he can’t make it and that he wasn’t feeling well since lunch. The teacher wished him to get well and dropped the call. He stood up and dragged himself back to their classroom. He looked like a walking corpse as he passed through the halls. He can’t still shake the sleepiness off of him. He got his phone again pressed 3, speed dial for Ryeowook. He remembered that 2 was for Kyuhyun and made another mental note for nth time to change it. Ryeowook didn’t pick up the call. He put his phone back in his pocket and then someone suddenly grabbed him by his arm and dragged him along. His mind can’t process if he should run with him (yes, it’s a guy) or he should punch the guy and ask what the hell is his problem. The anonymous guy halted, and frantically looked for a direction where he can run.

Jongwoon heard faint screams of angry insults. The back figure of the guy caught his attention. He’s sure that the guy seemed very familiar to him but his mind can quite pinpoint the exact person. Where on earth your brain is when you needed it the most, he asked himself. He dialed Ryeowook’s number again and was about to confront the guy but the guy held his hand and darted towards the direction to the East building.

           The East Building is the oldest structure in the school. Behind the building, there is a line of big trees and wall that separates the school to the other establishments nearby. Both of them hid behind a big tree. Jongwoon felt that his back hit the trunk of the tree. He was about to shout in protest but the guy clamped a hand over his mouth. Their bodies were pressed really close to each other. Jongwoon can feel the guy’s breath tickling his forehead and the rise and fall of the latter’s chest as both of them catch their breaths. Jongwoon closed his eyes and mentally cursed. He hated running, and that one fact is one of the hundred things that he and Heechul is similar with. And this guy seemed non-athletic too. He is lanky, has brown curls, chalk-white complexion…Jongwoon looked up and he realized, he really knew the guy.

“Kyuhyun.” Jongwoon blurted out.

“Hyung… Sssssshhhhhh.”

“Why are you running? And why did you drag me with you?!” Jongwoon said through gritted teeth.

“M-My…” He took a deep breath. “Insticnt?” He held up his hand and is still panting.

“I WILL KILL YOU CHO KYUHYUN! BE A MAN! GO OUT FROM YOUR HIDING PLACE! YOU KNOW THAT JOOHYUN DOESN’T LIKE MMMMMMMMMRRRRRRFFFFFF!”

“Was that Taeyeon shouting?”

“Yes hyung. Good thing Sooyeon got her. I should thank Sergeant Jung tomorrow.”

“What did you do?”

“I said Joohyun is y.”

“YOU WHAT?!”

“You heard me hyung.”

“Joohyun doesn’t like that. You idiot.”

“Weird. I am not aware of that.”

“ert.”

“Youngwoon hyung asked me to do that.”

“And if he told you to kill me, you would?” Jongwoon glared at the younger and he wishedlooks could really kill. He scoffed. “You erted idiot.”

Kyuhyun rested his head on Jongwoon’s shoulder, “Ahhhhhhh! I am going to die!”

           Jongwoon suddenly pushed the younger away from him. He balled his fists and hit the latter on his chest.

“Hyung! Ah! Ah! It hurts! HYUNG!!”

“I’LL MAKE YOU DIE FASTER YOU BRAT! THIS IS THE FIRST CONVERSATION WE HAD AFTER ALL THESE WEEKS THAT YOU ARE BEING A SOUR BABY! DAMN YOU! I REALLY HATE YOU! I HATE YOU! I KEPT ON THINKING WHAT THE HELL I DID TO DESERVE BEING IGNORED ALL THIS TIME!!! I HATE YOU! YOU CONCEITED UGLY BRAT!”

           Jongwoon was half-sobbing, half-shouting and he continued hitting the younger.

“Don’t you know how hard it has been for me?! I kept on…. I kept… on…. Never mind…. You don’t care, right? I know now. You really don’t.”

           Jongwoon marched away, wiping his tears using his uniform, leaving the younger quite in shock in the sudden outburst. He had never been this angry before, he realized as he kept walking away from Kyuhyun.

-xx-

 

           Ryeowook leaned himself against the cold wall. He listened intently to the voices that he heard from the other line. He slid down and sat on the floor as one voice shouted and ranted. When the tension seemed to have subsided, he pressed the end button and ended the call. He heard everything that Jongwoon said. And now, that makes his decision more final. He closed his eyes, a tear rolled down his cheek as the song faded into end. He sang again the last line.

 

“Even though it stays besides me, it’s not love without you
I guess.. I’m not even worth to be with you”

 

-xx-

 

Author’s Note:

I am really sorry my dear readers but here, I was able to pull off this chapter,  ㅋㅋㅋㅋ

Here are some notes:

* 싴칼 – Sickal (Jessica’s nickname)

** 잘생긴갬규 – HandsomeGameGyu (Note: Kyuhyun did this. HAHAHAHAHAHA. XD) nah just joking. ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ it’s not true. I just hope that this is Kyu’s nickname on Jongwoon’s phone XD)

*** The last line was from Davichi’s “Sad Love Song”. I recommend it, it is a very good song :D