Chapter 12

Post-it Notes

[ A/N: Yaaaaaaay! An update *O* Dear readers, forgive me for making you wait for so long. /sobs; And I am very thankful that you guys are still patient with me. ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ ^^v This one is not edited. I just did this because I have free time here at work. XD Enjoy reading :D]

 

“And why on earth are you seating next to me?! Please explain and give me 100 valid reasons.” Ryeowook demanded through gritted teeth as he and the others were now eating their lunch.

Heechul let out an amused smile and leaned closer to Ryeowook, “One reason would make everything valid dear~~~ I told you, it will be my utmost pleasure to be your conscience. Not everyone is entitled to this kind of service from yours truly.”

                  Ryeowook felt more annoyed and he felt the urge to really dig into his lunch. He can’t afford to have an empty stomach when he’s facing this one of a hell battle. It exhausts him physically, emotionally and mentally. This is really no joke. He was disturbed from his thoughts when he saw shrimps started to crowd his plate.

“Sungmin mentioned that you like shrimps.” Heechul said as he placed another shrimp on the younger’s plate.

“You didn’t even peel them yourself.” Kyuhyun commented.

“Well, Sungmin did. I am just doing these two a huge favor.”

“I will drown myself in wine when the day comes that you’ll stop exaggerating things.”

“You’re a minor Cho. Be a man. Drink soju instead.”

“Such a good influence Kim Heechul.” Teacher Lee almost shoved Heechul onto his plate as he passed by.

                  Then they burst out laughing except for Jongwoon. Ryeowook nudged the older who just stared blanky at him in return. Jongwoon slightly pushed his plate away, brought the half-filled glass with him and headed outside the dining area.

-xx-

                  The place where in they chose to stay for the long weekend was owned by Prinicipal Choi. Teacher Lee and Prinicipal Choi are good friends (and also, according to the whispers among the faculty members, Principal Choi also liked Teacher Lee’s husband). The prinicipal was a very generous man, he provided the place for free, not that he is biased of course.

[A/N: EunSiHae FTW! *flips KyuSung* HAHAHAHA. Ohmygoooossssh. EunSiHae oppadeul keep safe ne? Behave while you are serving your military responsibilities. ^^ Fighting oppa deul! <3 Now going back to the story…]

The resort was situated near the sea and forest. There were cottages and a huge dining area. Teacher Lee grouped the students into five. After eating lunch, the students would get the chance to roam around the resort and have fun. The events that they will do the next two days were still unknown; Teacher Lee must love to surprise his students.

                  Jongwoon was seated at the steps that lead to the porch of the cottage. He leaned his head against the post and watched the others as they play beach volleyball.  He didn’t know that Heechul can play vollyeball, especially at first glance, the cat –like Student Council president doesn’t have an athletic vibe. Ryeowook was forced to join, and Jongwoon didn’t miss that slight annoyance that crossed the younger’s face as he was pulled by Heechul. Kyuhyun just kept a blank expression and tagged along Heechul. Sungmin asked him to join them but he said he was not feeling well.

It was not an excuse. He was really not feeling well.

His cheeks were dusted pink, which shows he’s fine but he was really not doing fine.

He was not unwell physically.

He was unwell, of course he is. He took a glance at Kyuhyun, and something felt stingy as he blinked his eyes. It must be the sun, he thought. He wore his sunglasses on, but still his eyes sting. He heaved a deep breath and hugged his knees up to his chest.

“Kyuhyun is cold towards me…” He whispered and continued watching the others as they rally across the white sand.

“Aigoo sunbae-nim! Jeongmal mianhaeyo!” A voice shouted.

“Ya Kim Taeyeon! Give a proper spike to the oponent!” Heechul teased.

Jongwoon was hit by the ball. He had his back against the sandy floor of the porch. There was a figure who walked passed by him. The person just retrieved the ball and ran back towards the others. And something hot trickled down his face. He removed his sunglasses and put his arms across his eyes. He bit back a sob, not trying to make any sound.

It was Kyuhyun.

Kyuhyun just walked past by him.

Kyuhyun was not worried. He didn’t care if Jongwoon was okay or not.

-xx-

                  Heechul and Sungmin talked animated while they are having dinner. Their table was the noisiest; the two were still high with adrenaline as they rejoice because they won the friendly match. Ryeowook and Jongwoon sat next to each. Ryeowook urged Jongwoon to eat his dinner. Kyuhyun was busy eating his food and occasionally his pipes in when Heechul and Sungmin calls his attention. After Sungmin cleared the table, everyone else headed out except Jongwoon and Ryeowook.

“Hyung, gwaenchanha? Are you sick or something?” Ryeowook placed his palm on his hyung’s forehead.

                  Jongwoon only nodded. He was about to stand up but Ryeowook grabbed him by his wrist.  He sat back on the chair and smiled at the younger as he felt thin arms snake around him, pulling him close.

“Hyung~~” Ryeowook breathed.

“Wookie, believe me. I am okay.” Jongwoon reassured the younger as he hugged back.

“Don’t lie to me.” Ryeowook hugged the older tighter. “I believe you Hyung. I do.”

“Come on, let’s head back to the cottage. I feel sleepy now.”

“You won’t come with us at the huge bonfire?”

“Nah. Stories that they will tell while having the bonfire will surely lull me to sleep.”

“Seriously Hyung?!” Ryeowook’s jaws dropped, he was in total shock. “Horror stories are bed time stories for you?! You’ve got to be kidding me!”

                  Ryeowook started laughing and Jongwoon wasn’t able to defend himself. The older was obviously embarrassed and Ryeowook find it cute. He held his Hyung’s hand accompanied him back to their cottage. Jongwoon needs to sleep, he needs to clear his mind, Ryeowook thought as he tucked the older to bed. Before he went outside, he gave his hyung a light kiss on his forehead and whispered good night.

                  Ryeowook walked along the shore, looking for the others. He found it odd that he can’t hear any single laughter or even voices, just the sound of waves as it crash against the shore and onto his feet.  The water is so damn cold, he thought. As his eyes finally adjusted in the darkness, he saw a lone figure sitting in front of the bonfire.

“Kim Ryeowook.” The figure called out.

                  Ryeowook walked fast and approached the person who called him. It was Kyuhyun.

“Good thing you are here. I thought you joined the others on their ghost hunting trip.” Ryeowook sat beside Kyu, but he kept a bit distance from the guy.

“It would bore me. Ghost hunting at the cave is not amusing.”

Ryeowook chuckled and he picked up the stick. He started to draw random lines and curves on the sand. “It’s just you and me here.”

“I know.” Kyuhyun mumbled.”

“We need to talk.”