Chapter 7

Post-it Notes

[A/N: It took me asdfghjkl weeks to update this. Sorry my dear readers. :/ OMG. this unedited. Pardon my flaws on grammar and such. *hides*]


 

Sungmin was walking along the quiet corridor. He just came from the school clinic located at the other building. Most of the students were on the school gymnasium watching a basketball game. As a member of the Student Council, he needs to work efficiently and reliably. No one wants to see a disappointed and stressed Heechul, or else all the dimensions of hell would break loose. And that would be the last thing on earth that he wished to witness (it would be better if it wouldn’t happen before his innocent eyes). He cheerfully hummed along at the pop song currently playing on his iPod. He’s near the Student Council Room.  He stopped on his tracks, his warm doe eyes widen at the skinny boy with chocolate brown hair leaning on the wall, just a few feet away from him. He felt his heart skip a beat as the boy noticed his presence and regarded him with a blank look. All of a sudden, the giddy was replaced by a sensation of a thousand sharp needles piercing his heart all at once.

“Why would you still feel giddy every time you see him?” His mind asked. “He just stared blankly at you. Such a warm greeting indeed. He rejected you and avoided you with all his efforts.”

“Because I still love him. And I will always do as long as it will fade by time.” He whispered.

                The skinny boy just stood there, his fringes hid his eyes as he bent his head down. Sungmin walked past by him. His hand held the door handle and slid it open. He saw Jongwoon sitting at Heechul’s desk, reading small pieces of light blue notes from a box.

“Jongwoon sunbae, I didn’t know you were here. I thought you’re at the school gym.”

                Jongwoon got startled and dropped the box on the floor, spilling its contents. He was on his knees, hastily gathered the pieces of notes.

“I didn’t mean to startle you sunbae. Mianhaeyo. Let me help---“

“No!” Jongwoon yelled and immediately felt a wave of guilt as he saw a surprised hurt expression that crossed Sungmin’s face. It was the first time that he shouted at the boy. “I’m sorry I didn’t notice that you went in. Aigoo. Someone would have stolen a thing in here if I wasn’t that alert. What time is it Sungmin-ah?”

                Sungmin glanced at the wall clock. He made a mental note to buy batteries for the poor clock. Perhaps Heechul was indeed much occupied with too many things to even notice that the clock’s batteries already ran out. Remembering that he had not worn his wrist watch, he fished his phone out from his pocket.

“It’s already fifteen minutes to five sunbae.”

                Jongwoon inwardly cursed. If he’s going to be late again, Teacher Lee would happily punish him by sending him again to the Theater Club to help them with their props or anything concerned with the club that needed assistance. Dealing with the Club’s President, Kim Kibum, would be annoying since he’s a man of few words in literal sense.

“Ah sunbae?”

“That should be “hyung” right? Aigoo Sungmin-ah, don’t be so formal.” He put the box back inside the drawer.

“Jongwoon hyung…” Sungmin paused, the word sounded foreign to him. “Someone’s waiting for you outside.”

“Thanks Min-ah~” He smiled and dashed towards the door.

                Ryeowook was leaning on the wall, his hands in his pockets. Air of awkwardness and guilt surrounded him. How to greet someone who confessed to you just months ago? Is it even right to avoid him when he’s the son of your father’s best friend and a friend in the first place? He felt bad for himself; he didn’t want to be a burden to his Uncle Donghae since the guy also has a family of his own. Even if they are not blood-related, Donghae and his husband took the responsibility of raising him. He felt great resentment at his parents, his mother abandoned him and his father can’t even muster the courge to take him in. Of course, no one wanted an illegitimate child. Now, he’s being ungrateful, for he is hurting Donghae’s most precious boy, Lee Sungmin.

                Ryeowook was pulled out from his reveries when he felt something brushed on his philtrum.  Jongwoon was standing in front of him, grinning like an idiot.

“Jongwoon hyung!” He scowled at the older.

                Jongwoon chuckled and got Ryeowook’s bag.

“I told you no touching of philtrums you weirdo.” He pouted.

Jongwoon messed his hair. “Mian Ryeowookie~ Mian~ ”

“Jongwoon hyung. I just closed the room. Are you on the way to the Music Room? Can I come with you? I have to tell Teacher Lee something.” Sungmin said.

“Oh Ryeowook-ah, I want you to meet Lee Sungmin. He’s with us at the Student Council. Sungmin-ah, he’s Kim Ryeowook. Uhmmm… he’s my-“

“You don’t have to say it hyung.” Ryeowook said and held Jongwoon’s hand. “Hello Sungmin-ssi.”

                Sungmin nodded and smiled. And that smile sent another wave of guilt to Ryeowook. How can he be nice to someone who hurt him every time their paths cross, Ryeowook asked himself.

-xx-

“One… Two… Three… Four… blah… blah…. Blah… Hey! Where’s Cho Kyuhyun?” Teacher Lee asked.

                The Music Room started to get filled with whispers. First, Cho Kyuhyun never skips choir practices though the brat always looked extremely bored (he isn’t bored. He won’t just admit that he’s having a bit fun) and always lacked motivation (on the record he’s highly motivated because of his Jongwoon hyung, it’s just that the brat is a great actor XD). Lastly, some members (girls, and even the biologically male ones) were giggling and they kept on glancing at the door.

“What the hell is going on?” Teacher Lee asked.

                The noise died down a bit but some were still talking to each other in hushed voices.

“Oh.” Teacher Lee suddenly emitted a proud aura. “That explains…  My son really does take after me. I am oozing with such appeal.”

                It appears that the students inside the room cleared their throats at the same time and it appeared that it was news to them. The dreamy looks they wore earlier were replaced by evident shock. They can’t believe that Lee Sungmin, a member of the Student Council, is the son of their choir master. (Well, certainly, Teacher Lee got the charms, not the looks. *coughs* And Donghae is hopelessly head over heels for the anchovy. *coughs again* XDD)

“Yes darling? I thought you were busy with Student Council stuff.”

Sungmin looked shocked and mouthed, “Appa! Don’t call me ‘darling’! It’s embarrassing!”

“Okay children, I’ll just talk to my son. Give us a moment. Sungmin-ah, come here.”

                Sungmin stepped inside the room and ignored the stares that were thrown to him. He leaned down and whispered to his father.

“What?! Cho Kyuhyun was in the school clinic?!” Teacher Lee exclaimed dramatically.

                Upon hearing the words “Kyuhyun” and “clinic”, Jongwoon stood up and dashed out of the room.

“Appa! You’re such a drama queen! Kyuhyun is… Hey Jongwoon hyung where are you going?” Sungmin sighed and gave his father a pointed look.

“What did I do?” Teacher Lee smiled sheepishly, trying to hide the feeling of triumph he’s having right now.

“I’ll tell eomma that you should stop watching too much drama. You two always watch those. Aigoo~”

                Sungmin excused himself and took one last glance at the students inside the room. His doe eyes landed on a familiar figure. Ryeowook’s head was bent down and his grip tightened on the sheet music that he was holding. Teacher Lee started discussing matters about today’s meeting. He walked out of the room and mentally started to list the things he would do. But the image of Ryeowook trying to hide the hurt feeling was seriously bothering Sungmin. If he could only do something… And if Ryeowook would just allow him…