Chapter 6

Post-it Notes

[A/N: I am so... so... so... pissed off with the recent happenings. T^T this update isn't... *sobs* I'll make it up on the succeeding chapters. *bows 90 degrees*]

 



 

[A/N: The italicized sentences are lines from “Just Once”, an OST sung by our precious Kyuhyunie <3 ㅋㅋㅋㅋI didn’t include the chorus part, it seems that it would contradict the story’s mood :3]


 

                Kyuhyun gracefully lifted his hands. His fingers lightly touched the piano keys. As he closed his eyes, he felt his fingers started to open notes of a song. With each note, bits of his unrequited feelings, slight hope, pain, foolishness and weakness were attached to it.

 

Can I love you? I have something I want to say
But my lips are heavy and my heart has words that it couldn’t say even once

 

                He opened his eyes and relief flooded his senses as he was still alone in the room.

 

You’re getting farther away when I still have words I couldn’t say, my dear
Like a fool, I swallowed those words into my heart
Even though it hurts, I only want you

 

               

I tell you that it’s alright, that I’m here right now, my dear
Even though I get bruised by embracing you in my heart
Even though it hurts, I only want you

 

Do you know about my clumsy love?
As I see you turn away, I can’t say anything
So I will just place all my love inside my heart

 

                Kyuhyun closed his eyes as the notes and his voice faded into an end.

“It’s amazing you know.” Teacher Lee commented.

                Kyuhyun spun around and saw Teacher Lee standing behind him. The teacher offered his student his infamous gummy smile.

“Are you still going to gape at me because I’m totally handsome or you’ll scoot a little over there and let me sit beside you?”

                At the mention of the word “handsome” , Kyuhyun’s face went blank and scooted a little so that his teacher can sit beside him. He doesn’t want to start a conversation so he ran his fingers on the piano keys. Teacher Lee closed his eyes and sighed in contentment as he recognized that the younger was playing Canon in D.

“Donghae and I were used to be best friends.” Teacher Lee started. “We were inseparable. We always hang out together. We always go at the same place. We always eat at the same time. We have our favorite place, the rooftop in this building. We had sleepovers in each others’ houses. We do everything together, well, not really everything.”

Teacher Lee paused. He looked at Kyuhyun which still looked blank while playing the piano. “I don’t know when my feelings bloomed into some sort of a level higher than friendship. I don’t have any idea when, where, how or why I felt more than friendship towards Donghae. Eventually I confessed to him.”

                Kyuhyun missed a note and held his breath. Teacher Lee, who was keen in everything missed and wrong note, didn’t fail to notice Kyuhyun’s mistake. Instead of reprimanding the other, he just stifled a laugh. And by that, Kyuhyun sighed and started playing again. Teacher Lee didn’t speak and just listened as the piano note drifted around the room.

“What happened? I mean, how did Donghae react on your confession?”

                Teacher Lee locked gazes with Kyuhyun.

“Never mind. Why did you tell me this story anyway?” Kyuhyun blurted.

“We stopped being friends...”

                Kyuhyun again missed a note. His body tensed. And he started playing again.

“We stopped being friends… “

“I know that. I’m not dumb. Don’t repeat it for the third time.” Kyuhyun said in a measured tone. "Just please stop... I don't want that sad thing to happen to me... between Jongwoon hyung and me...I'd rather..."

“We stopped being friends…” Teacher Lee left his sentence hanging again, which earned him a glare from the younger.

The teacher grinned like his face would split into two. He enjoyed the reactions he solicited from his student. Kyuhyun sighed exasperatedly and gave his teacher another pointed look. If looks could kill, Lee Hyukjae would be six feet under the ground now.

“We stopped being friends and now, he’s my husband.” Teacher Lee said. “How’s Sungmin by the way? Is he behaving himself in the Student Council?”

“Sungmin hyung is perfectly doing his job being cute and reliable. Wait. How did you know him?”

“He’s my son, how wouldn’t I know him?”

                Kyuhyun, again, missed a note. He purposely dragged his fingers along the keys which produced unpleasant sounds. He stopped and stared intently at his teacher.

“I know Sungmin took a lot from me.” Teacher Lee said proudly.

“Are you kidding? Sungmin hyung doesn’t even take any slightest resemblance from you. Honestly speaking. There’s no harm in knowing the truth. I would be honored to tell you that.” Kyuhyun retorted.

“I am just kidding.” The teacher laughed. “Sungmin got his looks from my precious Donghae.”