Chapter 5

Post-it Notes

[A/N: Unedited. *sobs*]



 

After spending hours playing Starcraft without CR breaks or snacks, Kyuhyun and Heechul decided that they had enough. A hot cup of ramyeon would be perfect, the two thought so they met at the convenience store in their neighborhood. Heechul couldn’t help it but he feels sorry for the younger. He can’t blame Jongwoon. Actually, he can’t smack both of his dongsaengs because they’re plain idiots. Kyuhyun’s advancements were really vague in Jongwoon’s defense. Confessions on sticky notes were creative, really out of the usual, Heechul thought. But, it seemed that Kyuhyun is afraid to tell his feelings to his hyung. Who wouldn’t be, Heechul’s subconscious inquired. Heechul knew better.  It’s hard to care too much for a person when you know that one more step forward will make you fall in love and one step backward would ruin your friendship, his subconscious reminded him. He shook his head. He didn’t want to remember how he screwed up. Admitting his feelings to Hankyung was one thing, losing him as a friend was another, and regretting his past actions was also another thing. You just hit three birds with one stone, his subconscious piped in. He rolled his eyes and pushed the glass door open. He spotted Kyuhyun sitting at the farthest corner, having two cups of ramyeon in front of him and a zip-lock with kimchi, the younger must have brought it from home, he concluded.

“You’re thinking of something, aren’t you hyung?” Kyuhyun spoke first, handing wooden chopsticks to Heechul.

                Heechul muttered “thanks” and sat on the empty stool beside Kyuhyun.

“By the way, that ramyeon is not too hot for you hyung. I remembered you had a kitty tongue.”

“You are surprisingly thoughtful Kyuhyun-ah.” Heechul said.

                They started to eat in silence. Heechul still blows the noodles to cool, well, old habits are hard to break. They still don’t feel satisfied so they went for a second cup of ramyeon. Out of the blue, Kyuhyun placed a pad of light blue post-it notes. Written on the piece of paper was:

 

Do you know that I'm that man?
You wouldn't act this way if you knew
You wouldn't know because you're a fool

 

“Why…” Heechul’s voice trailed off.

“I know you are collecting my post-it notes. I saw your box. What are you going to do with my stupid feelings written on piece of sticky note?”

“It might be useful someday. Who knows?” Heechul chuckled.

“You can’t help me hyung.” The younger said flatly.

“And who says that I am helping you?”

“Then what the hell are you doing?”

“Why did you give me your empty sticky notes? You realized how futile your efforts are? Did it dawn to you that whatever you wrote on that crappy piece of paper would never reach Jongwoon?” Heechul snapped.

“Heechul hyung…”

“Do you know how stupid you have been?”

“Hyung…”

“So you are giving up now? Goddamn it Kyuhyun though I don’t believe in God.” Heechul threw a cold look on the younger. “Then you’re feelings are shallow.”

                They were consumed by silence.

“You’re right hyung. I am a coward.” Kyuhyun breathed out the words that it seemed like a whisper.

“You’re just weighing everything Kyuhyun-ah. There’s this thing called ‘risk.’ I am not asking you to do that. You know what happened to me when I took that risk.”

“At least you get to tell how you feel hyung. I honestly envy you.”

“And I envy you for being so rational about things.”

“Nothing goes right when the heart is involved.”

“Logical bastard.” Heechul spat. “So you’re telling me that your brain can feel emotions? Interesting.”

“Everyone’s a fool for love.”

“Point taken Kyuhyun-ah.”

                It was the first time that Kyuhyun was open with Heechul. Even though Heechul won’t admit, he’s glad that Kyuhyun is talking about these things with him. The younger grew on him already, well, that’s because of Jongwoon. And Heechul definitely sees something wrong with Jongwoon. He needs to help Jongwoon to sort it out, before it’s too late.

“You are pushing me hyung.” Kyuhyun said as he pokes a piece of Kimchi using a chopstick.

“Exactly. Because gentle nudges doesn’t do the trick.”

“Stop pushing me hyung. It’s too late.”