Acceptance

Unforgettable (Unexpected Series #2)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[3 days after]


"How's he, Kai?" Sungyeol asked. They were all together in a coffee shop discussing about L's condition.

"He's finally awake but he can't remember everything, even his own name." Kai replied. "But he's finally out of the hospital."

"I'm glad he made it." Sulli said. "But did they find her?"

Kai knew that 'her' refers to Krystal. It has always been that way. They all cannot utter her name fearing that she might not come back to them. 

"I'm having my family's private investigators join your team, Kai. If there would be more of them, then it could provide better results." Eunji offered.

"Thank you, Noona."

"Kim Jongin, you should try to eat and rest, you know? You look really tired." Hoya said.

"I'll be fine, Hyung."

After half an hour, they left the coffee shop. Kai went to Krystal's house, just beside theirs. He remembered that Krystal gave her a duplicate key in case he needs something and she's not around. The moment he entered, he found boxes all over the living room. Those contain all the pictures, letters and clothes Krystal owns. Mrs. Kim removed all the traces of Krystal in their house except for his room. 

Even though Kai was against it, he can't do anything but obey. He went inside her room and laid on her bed while looking at her picture on the wall.

"Where can you be, little star? I don't know if it's a good thing L Hyung cannot remember you so he wouldn't be hurt. But the thing is, this is hurting me and you're not here to pat my back. Please, little star, come back."

Then his phone rang.

"Hyung." Kai said the moment he answered the phone.

"When will you be home?" L asked over the phone.

"I'll be there in a while."

"Come home, pali. I don't have someone to talk to."

"But Umma is there, hyung."

"But..."

"I understand. I'll be there." Kai replied. He stood up from the bed and went out of Krystal's house. L has been calling him for the past three days, asking when he will be home. Kai knew that his brother is still uncomfortable in their own house.

"Jongin." His real name sound foreign from his brother's lips. L has always adressed him as 'Kai' and his other name, 'Jongin', comes out only when he's mad at him. 

"How's your day, Hyung?" 

"It's fine except...she always check on me almost every minute." L replied.

"She's really worried. And you can start addressing her as Umma. It would make it easier. What's for dinner?"

"U- U- Umma said it will be special."

"That's better." Kai smiled.

"What was I like, Jongin? Am I mean or kind?" L asked. "It's just that it's difficult not to recognize the people around you even your family but what's more difficult is that I don't even know myself."

"You're a really good brother. You've always been there for me since you found out I am your brother. I'm really proud of you, hyung."

"That's great to hear. I hope I'm good to others as well." L smiled. "But wait, I found out you were my brother? I did not know you're my brother?"

"Ne. I was somehow separated with you all when I was younger. Krystal's family adopted me and somehow we saw each other." L was just listening intently. The name Krystal made his heart beat faster... but he couldn't explain why. "Hyung, are you okay?"

"Krystal..." L murmured. "Who's Krystal?"

"She... She... uhh..." Kai stuttered.

"Krystal... Krystal..." L kept on repeating to himself. His head began to ache. He clutched his head as he tried to ease the pain. Everything is slowly becoming a blur. He could hear Kai's voice calling for help and what came next was darkness.


---<3---

"What happened, Jongin?!" Mrs. Kim asked Kai as they were waiting for the doctor. L was immediately sent to the hospital when he became unconscious.

"I'm sorry." Kai replied, his head down. He knew what his mistake was. He mentioned the name he wasn't supposed to say.

"If something happens to your brother, I swear..." Mrs Kim warned.

"Stop it, umma. It wasn't Kai's fault. Stop pointing the blame on him." Sunggyu sternly said. "Let's go home, Kai. You need to rest. Joohyun's there."

Kai stood up and followed Sunggyu. He knew that if he insisted on staying there, it will not be good for all of them. The brothers went home and they were greeted by Joohyun.

"Jong, are you hungry?" Joohyun asked as they entered his room.

"I'm fine, Joohyun. I just need to sleep." Kai replied.

The girl knew that Kai has been through a lot the past few months and losing his bestfriend for 6 months now has been difficult for him.

"Jongin. You know you can tell me how you feel. You can cry if you want to cry. You can..."

"Stop, Joohyun. I've told you about this before." Kai said with a tired voice.

"I'm here for you, Jong. Even if you push me away." The girl replied. "But right, I'm not Krystal Jung. She's the only one you liked but you had to hide it because she loves your own brother."

"Get out. Please. I'm tired."

Joohyun went out and slammed the door. She told Kai about her feelings for him when they arrived in Singapore but Kai rejected him because of Krystal, the same girl his brother loves.

---<3---

"Oppa. What are you thinking about?" Sena asked her brother. They were by the shore, just looking at the sun which was about to set. It's been three days since they've been coming back near the beach.

"None of your business.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter