Forgotten Memories

Unforgettable (Unexpected Series #2)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


"Sir, your brother is awake."

The moment Kai heard the doctor's news, he rushed to the hospital. The nurse told him that his brother has been moved to private room. He was nervous but he opened the door and entered the room. The doctor was there and on the bed was his brother looking around as if it was the first time he saw people in his life.

"Mr. Kim, can I have a moment please?" The doctor said. They went out of the room and the doctor sighed. "All the tests were normal. All the wounds from both the accident and the operation were healed but we have a problem."

"What do you mean, doctor?" Kai asked.

"He doesn't talk. I called the hospital's psychologist to check on him but he refused to answer any of his questions. We will be needing the patient's cooperation to make a diagnosis. That's why even though he is physically stable, we cannot assess the damage the accident caused in his mental state."

"What can we do about this?"

"Try and talk to him. Maybe he will respond to you. We'll leave the both of you alone and you will have to tell us what happened."

"I understand. I'll call your attention once we're done."

Kai went back inside the room and all the nurses checking on him went out. He sat at the end of the bed and his brother just looked at him.

"Hyung. I heard that you won't talk to the doctors. You have to cooperate, hyung. So that you will be discharged immediately. Umma, Appa and Sunggyu-hyung are all waiting for you." Kai said as tears that have been threatening to fall finally escaped his eyes. He was crying in front of his brother. Just then, warm hands wiped his tears away.

"Don't cry." L said, his eyes are now focused on the young man in front of him. "Stop crying."

Because of what L said, Kai tried his best to hold back all his tears.

"Get well fast, hyung." Kai said with a smile.

"C- C- Can I ask something?" L asked and Kai nodded. "Who are you?"

Kai couldn't believe what he heard. He refused to acknowledge the fact that his hyung no longer recognizes him.

"Hyung. Are you joking? C'mon, Hyung. I wish you're just making fun of me."

"I do not know you. I can't remember my name. My head is throbbing every time I try to think harder. What is happening to me? I- I- don't know what to do. I- I- " L said as he buried his face onto his palms. Kai do not know what to do but he remained calm.

"My name is Kim Jongin. I'm your younger brother." Kai started.

"Jongin. Then, who..." L replied.

"You are Kim Myungsoo. But you preferred to be called L. You are on your sophomore year in college and you are taking up Business Administration. We have an elder brother, Sunggyu-hyung." Kai saw relief in his brother's expressions.

"C- C- Can I trust you, Jongin?" He asked.

"You can. Of course, you can, hyung." Kai replied.

Just then, Mr. and Mrs. Kim arrived and rushed to their son's bed side. L looked terrified seeing some unfamiliar faces. Mrs. Kim hugged him and he was supposed to push her away but Kai stopped him and he let it pass.

"Honey. I'm so glad you're finally awake. Thank God." Mrs. Kim said in tears.

"I knew you'd make it, son." Mr. Kim said while patting his son's shoulder. "We've been really worried."

L just looked at them. Everything was new for him. He can't remember who he was and why he ended up that way. He was alive. But he felt empty and meaningless. He can't even remember his dreams and goals in life.

"Umma, Appa, let's go talk to the doctor." Kai spoke. "Will you be okay here, Hyung?" L just nodded and because of that their

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter