Chapter 9

Love in the Time of the Ice Princess

Jaejoong continued to repeatedly poke me while yelling out my name which got pretty annoying. His finger poking my poor arm felt like a thousand needles piercing into my arm and it was starting to really hurt and I was so irritated by him so I quickly turned my head so I can yell at him to stop but I didn't know his face was so close to mine and the air space between our lips weren't even there. His soft, warm lips are lightly touching mine and my face is completely flush. I can feel my heart beating so fast that it felt like it might just fly out of my chest. 

WAIT!! JESSICA!! THINK CLEARLY ME! YOU ARE KISSING JAEJOONG!

WTF!! WHY IS JAEJOONG LIPS ON MINE?! WTF!!

WHY IS THIS HAPPENING TO ME?!

STOP IT RIGHT NOW! THIS IS NOT A DREAM!

I quickly push Jaejoong off of me and was about to scream at him, but his hand came out of nowhere to cover my mouth and his other hand wrap around my body, pulling me in for a hug.

"Don't yell Sica, Mr. Soshi is still in the room." Jaejoong whisper.

I could feel my face quickly turning red again and his grasp around me felt nice and warm. Jaejoong quickly let go of his clutch around me, and when he did that I let out a loud scream.

"AHHHH.s.dfiaukzxmf" I tried to scream but Jaejoong hand quickly came back to cover my mouth and pulled me into another hug.

He then whisper, "Didn't I tell you to NOT scream? You're lucky Mr. Soshi didn't wake up yet!"

I just stared at him with my icy death stare because I didn't know if I should be mad at him right now or like the fact that it felt so nice hugging him.

"Okay Sica, if I let go of you one more time, you promise not to yell alright?" he whisper back at me while looking right at my eyes.

I blushed a bit and felt butterflies in my stomach again and I just don't know why. The way he looks at me looks so genuine so I just nodded back at him.

I don't know why but the second he moved away, my arm swung automatically and the palm of my hand met his cheek.

It looked like Jaejoong really wanted to scream because he was making this weird face but he stopped and stare at me angrily and whisper, "OW! What was that for?!" 

"That's for taking my first kiss you idiot!" I whisper angrily back at him.

"What?!? That's not fair! I didn't hit you even though you took my first kiss!" he quietly but angrily whispers back. 

I pointed at him and whisper in a yelling tone, "It was YOUR fault though!"

"Not even! You were the one who turned your head and kissed me!" he whispers back. 

"You're blaming it on me now? If your big fat head wasn't so close to my face then nothing would have happened!"

"Whatever! You probably knew that I was right there and use it as an excuse to kiss me" he whispered. 

I let out a scoff and whisper, "That is the last thing I will ever do! You probably put your head there because you knew that I was going to turn my head!"

"Ahh this is getting ridiculous! Okay Jessica, I give up, you can say whatever you want!" Jaejoong said as he walks back to his desk while shaking his head.

After he said that, things have gotten quiet in class. For the pass 9 minutes, the atmosphere was quiet but I can feel the tensions in the air. Maybe I went too far yelling at Jaejoong. Even though that stupid jerk took my first kiss without my permission, I didn't have to yell at him that much... Do I? I mean, the kiss wasn't that bad... OH wait Jessica! Stop thinking like that!

"Argh this is too confusing", I thought as I shook my head so the thought can get out. 

Finally, Mr. Soshi woke up and there was a bit of droll hanging from his mouth. He looked up at us and seemed kind of confused of why he is here and then turned to look at the board to see the big DETENTION word that was written on the board. 

Mr. Soshi let out a yawn and then said, "Jessica, Jaejoong. You guys can leave now." and then rest his head back on his desk.

We both got up from our desk and started walking out the door. I remember Taeyeon telling me that she and Tiffany will be at the soccer game right now so I headed towards the soccer field. Jaejoong was right behind me and he asked, "Hey, are you going to the soccer game too?" in a monotone voice. 

"Umm yeah. You?" I asked back. 

"Mhmmm" said Jaejoong. 

"Okay." I answered back. 

We both walk down the hallway that leads to the soccer field but it was too awkward... Oh man, how I hate awkward silences.... Maybe I should start a conversation?

I started of saying, "Sooo....."

Jaejoong was looking straight ahead as he was walking and said, "Yeah?" 

He didn't even turn his head to look at me when he's talking. Bleh this is going to . 

I couldn't really think of anything to say so I just answer back saying, "Yeah...."

Even after I said that, he kept on looking straight ahead as we walk. Gahhh, this is so awkward... 

"I'm sorry." Jaejoong quietly said

Eh? Did he just say sorry to me?

"Huh? What did you say?" I asked. 

Then Jaejoong stop walking, and turns his body towards me, and my eyes directly met his. His eyes looked sad. 

"I said I was sorry Jessica. I'm sorry for kissing you without your permission and I am sorry that I took your first kiss. I know if you were to lose your first kiss, I would be the last person you would have think of to lose it to, so I am sorry okay?" he apologized. 

I can feel myself blushing again as he talks. Oh why do I always blush when he talk to me?!?

"Uhh..." I tried to think of something to say, but I felt embarrass knowing that he is looking directly at me, only me. "Don't worry about it? It's not entirely alll your fault I guess. And... I'mkindofgladthatyouwerethefirstpersonIkissedinsteadofsomeweirdcreeper" I said the last part real quick while my face is now as red as a fire truck.

Jaejoong just looked at me with a confused look, but then broke out into a smile and said, "I don't really know what you just said, but I'll take that as a compliment."

I just smiled back and said, "Good! Now let's hurry to the game" and I ran off towards the field.

Behind me, Jaejoong yelled, "Hey! That's not fair! Wait up for me! How dare you make the Prince run!"

I let out a laugh and continue to run. I turned my head back real quick to see how far Jaejoong was, and he was gaining on me. When he was finally at the same pace I was at, he said, "Want to race to the finish line? Last one there is a stupid rotten Ice Princess" 

"Psh! You're going to be the stupid rotten Ice Prince!" I said, as we ran to our fullest to the bleachers. 

While we were running, somehow, I can feel myself quickly falling down and I landed on my knee. I let out a scream, which causes Jaejoong to stop and turn back to look at me, and then he ran towards me yelling, "OMG! Sica! Are you okay?"

I just whined and said, "OW! My knee! It really hurt!" and a tear drop fell down my cheek.

"Jessica, don't cry, let me see your knee." Jaejoong said as he reaches over to get a hold of my leg.

He examined it and said, "Jessica, there's no need to cry, it's just a scrape... and a few cuts, but don't worry! All we need to do is wash it and put a band aid over it so it won't get infected." 

"Wahhhhh, a scrape and a few cuts?! Argh, it really hurts though!" I continued to whine.

He sighed a bit and said, "Don't worry, the pain will be gone soon." and then turn his back to me and patted it saying, "Here get on my back, I'll carry you back to the nurse so we can get this fix."

I quickly blushed again and said, "Umm, no it's okay I can walk...See..." As I try to stand up, I almost fell over myself but luckily, Jaejoong was there to catch my fall.

"Uh huh Ice Princess. You can totally walk. Now just get on my back so we can hurry and leave before something bad happens to your knee and you can't ever walk again." 

I just pouted and gave up. Jaejoong gently helped me onto his back and when he stood up, he said, "Hold on tight, you might fall off my back." and then started pacing off towards the nurse's office.

While I was on his back, I quickly put my arm around his neck so I wouldn't fall off. It felt like I was hugging his back, and it felt really warm. His back was really warm and I laid my head on his shoulder. "Wow, this feels really nice" I thought to myself as I continue to cling onto Jaejoong.

We finally arrived at the nurse room, and when we got inside, Jaejoong made a dramatic entrance, yelling out, "Nurse Seohyun! We need your help!!"

Nurse Seohyun looked up from her table and asked, "Umm, what do we have here?" and she stood up and walked towards to the bed and motion Jaejoong to follow. 

Jaejoong walked toward the bed and carefully sat me down on the bed. 

"Nurse Seohyun, we were running and it seemed like Jessica tripped over air and received these scrapes and cuts." Jaejoong said. 

"HEY! I did not trip over air..." I said feeling embarrass.

"Hey, there no need to fight over air. The important part is the condition of your knee so let me have a look at it." Nurse Seohyun said as she carefully examines my knee and gently poking it to see how deep it was. It started to sting so I winced every time she poked it. 

"Nurse Seohyun, how bad is the cut?" Jaejoong asked. 

Nurse Seohyun gave my knee one last poke and then looked up and said, "Hmmm, the scrapes will heal in 2-3 days and the cuts aren't that deep. We'll just need to disinfect the wound and put on some Ointment so it can heal faster while covering in a gauze wrapping and Tada! Good as new!"

"Phew, nothing serious." I said. 

"Haha, you are lucky that the cut wasn't that deep. You could have gotten stitches you know!" Jaejoong said. 

"Yah! Don't jinx it!" I yelled back at him. 

He just gave out a chuckle and then Nurse Seohyun came back with the materials and started treating my knee. When she was done, she said, "Jessica, I'm going to give you a few gauzes and wrapping so you can put on a new one when you shower or something. It may be a little hard to walk right now so take it easy."

I nodded and thank Nurse Seohyun, and as I was trying to stand up, I felt a shrieking pain shooting up my knee. I gave out a scream and almost fell again but luckily I leaned on the bed to hold myself up. 

Nurse Seohyun looked at me while shaking her head and said, "Ohh the pain will reside in a few hours so for now, maybe Jaejoong can help you."

Jaejoong nodded and walked toward me and ask, "Do I give her another piggy back ride or help her walk?"

"Hmmm, just help her walk for now." Nurse Seohyun said as she walked over to help me stand and lifted my arm up and places it over Jaejoong's shoulder. 

"Jaejoong, hold her tight because she might fall. And Jessica, take your time. Take one limp at a time." She said. 

With Jaejoong at my side, it made it easier for me to walk/limp, so we thank Nurse Seohyun and took our leave.

I don't know why but today, there is just so much physical contact with Jaejoong. His body is right next to mine and his arm was around my waist to secure me while I limp. With Jaejoong being so close to me, I knew I was going to blush again and the butterflies will come back to my stomach. Oh stupid Jaejoong! Because of you I turned in a tomato that butterflies keep invading. We limped in silence as we finally made it out of the hallway and now in the field. 

"Jessica, are you getting tired from all this limping? The soccer field is still far away. Do you want me to carry you?" Jaejoong ask me. 

Oh Jaejoong, why are you being so nice now! 

"Oh no it's okay. You had to carry me from the field all the way to the nurse's office so you're probably tired now huh?" I asked back. 

"Ehh I'm okay." he answered. 

"Haha oh well. There's no need to rush to the game. I don't even like soccer so yeah." I said. 

"Oh fine but if your knee starts hurting, I'm going to carry you even if you don't want me too." he said. 

"Haha! Sureee you are. Thanks for offer though." I said. 

"Haha I guess. This is probably the last time I'm going to be nice so you just wasted the offer." he jokingly said. 

"Yah! That's not fair! Why are you being so nice today anyway?" I questioned him. 

"Because I can but it's more fun pick on you!" he said happily. 

"Hey! You shouldn't be so happy about that!" I yelled back at him.

He stuck out his tongue at me and said, "I can do whatever I want! I'm the Prince!"

"A very stupid one if you ask me." I muttered. 

Jaejoong stopped walking and acted like he was hurt and said, "Rude. If you keep acting like that then nobody would want to marry you, Ice Princess."

I laugh a bit and said, "You are so weird today. First you're mean, the nice, then mean again, then awkwardly nice, and back to being mean. What's up with that?"

"Hmmm," He paused to think and then said, "I have no clue. Maybe it's because we never get to talk with just the two of us. People are always around." he said looking down as we limp.

Hmm, Jaejoong was right. Ever since we were little, Donghae was always with us. And when he started acting mean, Yuri was there to save the day. And when I met Taeyeon, I was always with her and Donghae would tag along. I guess I never had an alone time to just talk to Jaejoong instead of fighting with him. 

"But, enough of this talks. We're almost at the bleachers and when we get back, I'm going to act as I usually do, picking on you." he said jokingly as he smile. 

"Haha fine." I grumpily said. 

"Haha don't be sad Jessica. It was fun being nice, but it's way more fun arguing with you." he teased. 

"Haha very funny. Now help me up the steps." I said. 

"Alrighty Ice Princess." he said as we slowly walk/limp up the bleachers. 

"Careful Jessica, we're almost there." Jaejoong said as we finally got on the bleachers. 

"Finally!" I said as we got on the bleachers. "I was getting tired from limping across the field."

"Haha, I told you I could give you a piggyback ride if you get tired stupid!" Jaejoong said. 

I just stuck my tongue at him and laughed. As I turned around to find Taeyeon, I could see Donghae looking straight at us with a gloomy face. I wonder what's wrong with him. 

"Why does Donghae look so sad? And why is everyone crowded in a circle over there." I pointed to show Jaejoong. 

"Hmm no idea. Let's go over so Donghae can stop looking sad." Jaejoong said in a monotone voice. 

Now what's wrong with Jaejoong? He's talking monotone again. 
"Mmmm alright, let's head on over there" I said as we limped over there. 

We met up with Donghae who still had a gloomy face but I asked him, "What's wrong? Why is everyone in a circle?"

He didn't say anything and just pointed towards the circle. I shrugged my shoulder and Jaejoong said, "Let's see what's happening." and he helped me limped towards the circle. 

"Yah! Everyone why are you in a circle?! Where Taeyeon and Tiffany? I want to see them!" I demanded at the circle of people and they slowly back away causing the circle to dissolve. 

When everyone moved out the way I asked Jaejoong to help me walk over towards Taeyeon. I could partly see her face, but someone head was in the way. When I got closer, I yelled at the person that was in the way, "Yah! Didn't I tell you to move?!?"

The person in front slowly turned around and I can hear his sinister voice saying, "Jessica, this is no way to treat a friend."

When he completely turned around, I could see a face of the man I hated more than Jaejoong right in front of me.

My eyes are beginning to be filled with hatred as I continue to look at that man face and I could feel Jaejoong's grip around my waist getting tighter. I turned around to look at him, and I could see Jaejoong grinding him teeth together and it seem like his eyeball could fall out. 

Who could I hate more than Jaejoong? 
Kim Junsu, the man responsible for Taeyeon's broken heart and the one who lied to everyone around him. 

"Yo Jaejoong! Jessica! What is this? You're finally going out with Jessica? Well congratulation! It's about time." Junsu said.

"WHAT?!" I yelled back in frustration.

OMG! HOW COULD HE THINK I WOULD GO OUT WITH JAEJOONG! STUPID JUNSU! THIS IS ANOTHER REASON WHY I HATE HIM! ARGH, I just want to punch him in the face if my knee was hurt! 

to be continued...