Chapter 6

Love in the Time of the Ice Princess

Taeyeon point of view
~after school~ 

After class ended, Mr. Soshi called Jessica and Jaejoong up to his desk so he can explain how they are going to serve their detention. When those two were walking up to his desk, Jessica seemed odd. Her face is kind of red. Hmmm, I wonder what's wrong with her. Oh well, I wish those two can act civil to one another so they won't be in this kind of mess but it never works. 

Before I left the room I said to Jessica, "Jessica, don't die on me! I'll see you in an hour! Jessica hwaiting!!" 

Jessica just made her pouting face and whined, "Taengo!! Save me!" 

"Hehe, sorry I can't kidnap you." I said. 

Then Donghae and Tiffany walked in to get me. Donghae then said, "Be good you two! Taeyeon, we should get going, the game is going to start soon."

"Yea yea Taetae, I want to watch the soccer game. It sounds interesting and Donghae keep insisting me to go watch. Is it really exciting? No one is touching each like the wrestling match right...?" Tiffany said. 

"Haha, there isn't much hand touching in soccer so you don't have to be gross out." Donghae laughed. 

Mr. Soshi then said, "I'm sorry but you guys have to leave. Detention is starting right now."

We all nodded our head and wave back at Jessica and Jaejoong and left the room to go to the soccer game. 

As we were walking, I sighed and said, "Aigo... Leaving those two together seems like a bad idea. I bet the second Mr. Soshi falls asleep, those two will kill each other."

Donghae chuckled and said, "I think so too. I don't know why they have to be like this to each other. My two best friends hate each other and I'm stuck taking care of them. Hopefully they'll be fine without us."

"I don't think they will kill each other." Tiffany said. "This might be a great opportunity for them to get closer to each other and maybe sparks will fly between them. I should know I'm the love doctor" she said with a wink. 

"Hahaha! That'll be the last thing that will happen. Anyway, there is the soccer field up ahead. Let's hurry and get good seat so I can write the newspaper." I said. 

We ran all the way to the field and walked up the bleachers. Donghae spotted Yuri, Sungmin, Yuhno, and Kangin and made us sit with them. 

"Oh hey Donghae! Are you here to support Siwon?" Yuhno said with a wink. 

Somehow, when he said that, it sounded fishy...

"Haha... Yea I guess I'm here to support him." Donghae said as he sat down on the bleachers. 

"Yah!! Kim Taeyeon! Tippani!! Sit next to me you guys!" Yuri cheerfully said.

When I was about to sit down, Kangin stood up and said, "Hey Taeyeon..."

"Err hey there..." I said awkwardly and sat back down on the bleachers. 

Things have been weird between the two of us ever since the wrestling matches yesterday. 

~Flashback~
"Hey Taeyeon, Tiffany seems like she could pass out any minute now. The wrestling's physical contact is getting to her. I'm going to bring her outside and maybe go help Jessica and Jaejoong alright?" Donghae said.

"Yea, its fine. Just hurry and get her out before she throws up!" I quickly yelled.

As Donghae left with Tiffany, I resumed at my seat, in the front row so I could see everything clearly. KangIn had just finished his match and is now waiting for the final so he decided to sit right next to me as he continues to wait.

"Ummâ?¦ You are Kim Taeyeon right?" KangIn said quietly.

"Yes I am. What do you need from me?" I said while quickly writing things down on the paper to report what was going on during the match.

"Er well, we been going to school together since preschool but we never talked to each otherâ?¦ so I guess, why not talk now?" KangIn quickly said.

"Oh, I guess? I thought we talk to each other already?" I said.

"Not as much as I wanted toâ?¦" KangIn mumbled.

"Huh? What did you say?" I asked.

"Oh nothing, anyway, my match is starting soon. Be sure to watch it! I'm dedicating this match to you, so I'll definitely win!" KangIn happily said and then rushed off toward the match area. 

I don't know why, but I felt like blushing when he said that. In the end, KangIn did indeed, win the match, and I think this is the first time I seen him so serious. I don't know why, but when I see him being happy, I tend to smile along with him. 

~End of Flashback~

Just then, Tiffany quickly sat down right next to me and whisper, "Pshhh!! Taeyeon... Is there something between you and that guy who was touching guys at yesterday wrestling thing?"

"What?!? No there's nothing going on with the guy who touches guy haha that sounds funny..." I laughed to myself. 

As we got settle down in our seat, ready to watch the game, out of nowhere I hear a familiar voice saying, "Is Taeyeon that over there? Hey you! Are you Kim Taeyeon?!?" 

I turned around, trying to find out who was calling my name and stumble upon two lopsided people. Well they were really lopsided, one of the girl was extremely tall while the other one was extremely short and since they were standing next to each other, it look short of lopsided?

I squinted my eyes so I can see who they were but I couldn't really make out the faces of the two lopsided girls. Just then, those two girls started running toward me yelling, "Yah! It really is Kim Taeyeon!!" said the tallest one. 

Then the short one responded by saying, "See! I told you so! You owe me food now!"

The tall person let out a groan and then started whining, "Yah! Sunny that isn't fair! You can have anything else, just not my food!"

The moment I heard that, I jumped up from the bleacher and yelled, "Sunny?!? Sooyoung?!? What are you guys doing here? I haven't seen you guys in forever!!" and then jumped toward them to hug them. 

"Uh... Taengo... I can't breathe!" yelled Sooyoung.

"Opps I'm sorry haha" I said as I let go of them. "So why are you guys here?" I asked again. 

"Well, our school is having an away match against Seoul Academy and we remember you go to this school so we decided to come and see you!" Sunny said cheerfully. 

"We were afraid that we might not find you at the game too!" Sooyoung said. 

I gave out a chuckle and while I was doing that, I notice Tiffany and Yuri was standing there awkwardly. 

"Oh hey you guys. I like you to meet Yuri! Er, I think you guys kind of know her already though, haha." I said.

"YAH! KWON YURI?! IS THAT REALLY YOU?! Oh my gosh, you are my height! Long time no see!" Sooyoung excitedly said.

"Haha! Sooyoung, I haven't seen you since middle school! I see your legs are growing! Sunny! You're still the same since I last saw you!" Yuri happily said.

"Yah! What is that suppose to mean?! Just because I'm still the same height since middle school doesn't mean I'm the same!" Sunny angrily said.

"Lol, I was just kidding Sunny, you gotten prettier since the last time I saw you too." Yuri playfully said.

"Even though I know you're just saying that, thank you. haha!" Sunny laughed.

Tiffany was still standing there, still as a rock as they were talking to each other. Opps I forgot to introduce her.

"Oh yea! And this is Tippani! She is new to this school. Tippani, meet my childhood friends, Sooyoung and Sunny!" I said. 

"Hello! My name is Tiffany and it's nice to meet you guys!" Tiffany said in her usual cheerful voice. 

"Oh, hello Tiffany! Well my name is Sunny and my cousin over here is Sooyoung. I hope we can be good friend." she said as she shook Tiffany's hand. 

"Yea, I hope we become friends. We should go out and eat sometimes!" Sooyoung said. 

Geez, that Sooyoung is still the same, always thinking about food. 

Then the guys started walking over one by one starting with Donghae, then KangIn, Yuhno, and lastly Sungmin. 

"Sooyoung! Sunny! Long time no see. How are you guys doing?" Donghae politely ask. 

"Oh same old things. I still haven't grown and Sooyoung continues to create world hunger!" Sunny playfully said. 

"I do not create world hunger! World hunger just likes to follow me around when I eat..." Sooyoung said. 

When Sooyoung said that, everyone couldn't help but laugh and then the introduction continued. 

"KangIn. Wrestling champion." KangIn quickly said and then went back to watching the game. 

Then Yuhno almost did the same thing but said, "The name is Yuhno. I love to dance and I am also the King of Dance. Nice to meet you." and then he did a short nod and sat down to watch the game. 

SungMin was last at the introduction and he said, "Hello you two beautiful ladies. I know you haven't seen anything as beautiful as me at your public school so enjoy this before the game ends." and then he was about to say something, he flipped his hair and it seem like a movie all in slow motion and stuff and gave them a wink. When he did that, Sooyoung and Sunny just froze up and their eyes were twinkling like how Tiffany's eyes would shine when Donghae talked to her. 

I just shook my head and decided to stop listening to them and focus on the game so I can give a good report. I was sitting by myself at the corner of the bleachers when KangIn suddenly sat down next to me. 

"Umm what are you doing KangIn?" I asked. 

"Err... Well... Hmm it looked like you needed some company since you are all alone over here." He said awkwardly. 

I laughed and said, "I'm sitting by myself because I couldn't watch the game with Sooyoung, Sunny, Sungmin, and even Tiffany talking sooo loud. I don't even know what to write too! "

"Ohhh... Do you want me to help you then? I been watching the whole game and I'm good at sports." He said with a cute smile. 

I don't know why but after seeing him smile, I can't help but smile back and nodded. While he was helping me with the article, I told him, "You know, I used to think that you were a really scary person who doesnâ??t like to socialize with other people. But today, my perspective on you totally changed."

"Oh really? I get that a lot. It's probably because I have been wrestling all my life that I tend to scare people with my outer appearance." He said as she shyly smiles. 

It was a little awkward between us after that but then KangIn broke the awkwardness when he said, "Uh, Taeyeon... you know we just got to know each other for a bit and it'll be great if we can hang out sometimes to get to know each other better so would you like..."

Before KangIn can finish what he was saying, Sooyoung interrupted us yelling, "TAEYEON!! LOOK WHO'S HERE!!"

That Sooyoung! How dare she interrupt KangIn! I wonder what he was about to ask me. I angrily turned around to see what Sooyoung was trying to show me and then I saw him.

Kim Junsu.