Chapter 4

Love in the Time of the Ice Princess

We finally arrived at my house after the very quiet ride home from school. As we enter the gate to the front yard, I can hear a lot of oh's and ah's coming from Tiffany.

"OMG! Jessica, your front yard is so HUGE! Oh wow! You have a water fountain too? Oh my gosh, the garden is so big, and full of so many different flowers. This is so cool! Are you like a millionaire or something?" Tiffany said with excitement.

"Err, my front yard isn't that big. It's medium size, we have a bigger one somewhere on the island." I said.

"Wow..." Tiffany said, awestruck.

We finally made it through the garden and now we are in front of the door. The butler came to open the door for us. When that happens, Tiffany began screaming, "You have a butler too?!?"

I sighed and said," Yes Tiffany, I do. Don't you have one? This is pretty normal for people who go to Seoul Academy."

"Err no I don't have one. Is everyone at Seoul Academy super rich or something. Oh wow, this is like a celebrity house!! It's so big!" Tiffany continued to scream.

Taeyeon began to laugh and said, "Oh wow Tiffany, if this simple thing amazes you so much, you should come over to my house sometime."

Tiffany couldn't stop ohhing and awwing and it looks like could fall off anytime soon. She then said, "I don't know about you guys but this is no simple thing. Diamond chandelier and an ice sculpture?!? Wouldn't it melt?!?"

"Well yea, that's why we replace it every time it starts melting. Anyway, enough of this house tour, we need to get upstairs and start on our project!" I said as I proceeded up the long stairway. 

While walking up the stairs, I can hear Tiffany quietly mumbling, "Even the stair looks like it belongs to royalty." which made me laugh at how a simple stair amazes her. 

We finally got to my bedroom and the second I opened the door, Tiffany's screaming went up a notch or two. 

"OMFG!! Your room is humongous!! Your bed sheets are PINK!! I LOVE PINK!!! And your bed is so big! It's fit to be a princess bed! Oh my gosh! How cute! Even the pillows are shaped as crowns!! And what's this?" Tiffany curiously grabs a fluffy brown bear from behind the pillow. 

Oh no! She found Mr. Snuggle!!

"Ahh!! Give me back Mr. Snuggle!" I said as I violently grab the cute fluffy brown teddy bear from Tiffany's grasp, while giving her my icy stare. 

I can't believe she found him. She is going to make fun of me for sure. Why must she always point out the smallest details in my life?!

"Umm Jessica?" she said as she tap my shoulder. "Are you okay? I'm sorry for touching your teddy bear. I know I wouldn't like it if some random stranger touches my hello kitty plush."

I turned around, facing right at her and her eyes looked so sincere like she really meant what she has said. 

"Oh Jessica. Don't overreact to this. It was just a mistake and I guess this is her first being in these types of houses." Taeyeon said as she tries to comfort me.

"I'm sorry Jess, I didn't mean to go through your bed." Tiffany sadly said. 

I really know it wasn't her fault. She was just being curious after all. I guess it was my fault for still sleeping with Mr. Snuggle after all these years.

I let out a deep sigh and said, "Its okay Tiffany, I just thought you were going to call me a baby or something since you found Mr. Snuggle."

"What are you talking about Jess? If you get called a baby just because you have one teddy bear, than I would be the super baby because my room is filled with stuff animals! Mostly Hello Kitty though, but it still counts." she said. 

I let out a giggle when Tiffany mentions that she was a super baby. Hmm. I guess Tiffany isn't so bad after all. 

"Awww I love a happy ending! Wait, are you guys done yet or did I jump to conclusion? Anyway, you two go make up while I work on the American lit project all by myself... Lonely Taeyeon left to do all the work... But it's okay... My mom said I'll grow up fine... I still have my dreams right?!?" Taeyeon exaggerated as she talked to herself. 

I picked up one of my pillow and threw it at her and said, "Geez Taeyeon! Dramatic much?"

She picks up the pillow and threw it back at me while laughing. "Haha! I just wanted to get your guys attention and start on our project already."

Then Tiffany started laughing a bit and said, "Geez, the both of you are so funny. I'm glad that I met some good friends on my first day here. Anyway, for the American literature project, have you guys decided what book you want to use yet?"

"Anything related to America, I just let Sica choose haha" Taeyeon laughed her dorky laugh. 

"The book that I chose to use on the project is actually a play AND! It's my favorite play of all time! William Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet!" I said with excitement. 

"No way?! I love Romeo and Juliet too!" Tiffany said back.

Thinking about Romeo and Juliet is making me excited and I jumped on my bed and pretended it was the balcony and said, "I love the balcony scene! My bed shall be the balcony and I will need a Romeo." I said.

Out of nowhere, Tiffany said, "I should be up there as Juliet" and smiled her cute eye smile.

I yelled back at her saying, "No you a­re Romeo!"

Tiffany said, "You're Jessica!" and gave out a little giggle.

Then out of nowhere, Tiffany starts reciting the lines, "Romeo, Romeo. Wherefore art thou my Romeo?"

How dare she try to steal my part! Then I started reciting the line on my pretend balcony to show her who's the real Juliet. "Romeo, Romeo. Wherefore art thou Romeo? Deny thy father and refuse thy name! Or, if thou wilt not, be but sworn my love... I forgot the rest." 

Then Taeyeon walked toward Tiffany and began saying, "You have to capture the moment." while moving her hands in the air around Tiffany, and when she did that, Tiffany let out a laugh and started running away!

"Our Romeo ran away!" Taeyeon began yelling out.

I laughed and ask, "Romeo, why are you running away! It's because you don't know the lines."

When I said that, Tiffany walked back toward us saying, "Juliet, no. Jessica, yes. Juliet, no. Jessica yes."

"Haha! I knew it" I said with a proud smile on my face.

While we were still laughing, Taeyeon decided to stand up and take charge. "Okay, enough playing around, it's time for us to actually START on this project. Not reenact it." 

"Fine~" Tiffany and I both said.

It took us about an hour to write up an essay explaining the importance of the play and what it really means. Also, we had to have a biography on William Shakespeare himself, so we split the work up and made Taeyeon find the background information on him. We got half of our project done so we decided to call it a day, and work on it again tomorrow since Mr. Soshi had extended the due date.

"Aish, I am so tired! I could fall asleep on the floor right now and never wake up till next year!" Taeyeon said, as she drop down to the floor and pretended to sleep.

"Yah Taeyeon! Don't you have your own bed to sleep in? Wake up! I don't want you to be on my floor for a whole year!" I said as I violently shook Taeyeon up.

"Okay! OKAY!! STOP SHAKING ME SICA!!" Taeyeon screamed at me. hehe, that's what she gets for messing with me ;D 

"Haha, alright now it's time for you to get back home so you can sleep on your floor and never wake up till next year!" I said happily.

Taeyeon just groan a bit and then ask, "Hey Tiffany, do you want a ride back home? Or maybe Jessica can give us all a ride home!" she said with a wink.

I pretended that I have already fallen asleep on my bed so I wouldn't have to bring her home. I also made loud snoring noises so she can fall for it.

"Jessica, you know when you make loud snoring noises, it makes it sound so fake." Taeyeon said bluntly. "But oh well, I already call my driver so you don't have to take us home. Fany, do you still want a ride home though?"

"Sure!" Tiffany said while smiling her eye smile again.

We all walked down to the front of the house again, and I waited outside a bit to wave goodbye while Taeyeon and Tiffany were getting in the car. 

As Tiffany was getting into the car, you hear a quiet mumble from her saying, "Wow, even she have a nice car." 

Taeyeon then pops her head out the door and said, "Oh yea, since you have detention tomorrow, I'll have to go watch the soccer game and do another report on that so I guess we'll be working late tomorrow on our project. Bye Sica!"

Oh no. WHY DID SHE HAVE TO REMIND ME THAT I HAVE DETENTION TOMORROW?! Aww man, my night is ruin now, thinking about how I will spend one hour in the same room with just that ignorant Prince, Jaejoong. Jessica, just try to not think about it. Go to sleep!! Think about your fluffy white clouds again... Aww man, I don't want to go to school anymore! WAH! Think fluffy white clouds, fluffy white clouds, fluffy white clouds, fluffy... zzz...

 




Haha, so for the romeo and juilet skit, I had to watch the clip of them reciting it, and i replaced sooyoung lines and gave it to taeyeon since sooyoung isnt in here x]
For those who havent seen their romeo and juliet skit, YOU MUST WATCH IT! HAHA
Click --->Here!