Chapter 12

Love in the Time of the Ice Princess

The next day in chemistry class, the teacher was getting bored of the class so she decided to shakes things up.

"Alright class, settle down I have an announcement to make. As of right now, this classroom is making me bored so I'm deciding to shake things up a little bit." Ms. Sone said.

"Ahhh what?" the students moans.

"Don't worry kids; I didn't do much except change the seating chart. You guys should meet new friends instead of sitting next to your best friend all day. You guys don't even pay attention because you guys are so absorbed in chit chatting with your friend so this is another reason why I'm changing the seating chart." said Ms. Sone.

"NOOO!!"
"I don't want to movee!"
"This !"
"What is happening?"
"I'm going to miss sitting next to you!"
"WHY DO YOU HATE MEE??!?"

"KIDS! I said I'm moving you guys so you can pay attention in class and meet new people so DEAL WITH IT!" yelled Ms. Sone.

The classroom's noise level quickly fell down til you can hear crickets chirping. 

"Now that things have settles down, let's start with the new seating chart. Jack is sitting in the front row next to Jill. Bella, you're sitting near the door and Edward is next to you. Jacob, stop whining that you're not sitting next to Bella anymore! You're sitting in the back next to Renesmee. Jessica, you sit in the middle row next to Jaejoong. Junsu, you're also in the far left back corner sitting next to Taeyeon. Alright everyone, get to your seats, make new friends, and LEARN SOME CHEMISTRY IN THIS CLASS SINCE THIS IS A CHEMISTRY CLASS!" Ms. Sone yelled after giving out the seating chart.

Jaejoong walked to his desk and slid in the chair next to Jessica. 

"Hey Jessica, this seating chart is perfect for getting those two together don't you think?" Jaejoong whispered to Jessica.

Jessica smiles at Jaejoong and said, "It's brilliant! Those two soon to be love birds are in the back of the classroom so they can write notes to each other as much as they want and not get caught! Hmmm, too bad we're not sitting behind them so we can spy on them..."

"Ohh that would be nice... Well for now, all we can do is hope that they'll get along just fine and that we're going to have even more fun in this class since we're lab partners now!" said Jaejoong. 

"Kekekeke, this is going to be so interesting." Jessica snickers.

In the far left back corner, Taeyeon and Junsu are finally sitting in their designated seats, awkwardly however.

Junsu breaks the awkward silent by saying, "Hello! I'm Junsu. I swear, I seen those eyes before."

Taeyeon's face began changing color as she heard that and she response by saying, "Oh, we ran into each other in the hallway remember?"

Junsu just smiles and said, "Yeah I know, just wanted to test to see if you remember me."

Taeyeon stares shyly into Junsu smiling face and she couldn't help but blush a bright red. 

"So aren't you excited that we have a new seating chart now? Hopefully we can be great friends!" said Junsu. 


~After class~

Jaejoong waited outside the classroom door as the students were emptying the classroom. When Junsu took a step out the door, Jaejoong call out, "Yo Junsu! How do you like your new seat?" and then wink at Junsu.

Junsu playfully punch Jaejoong on the arm and said, "Haha, very funny, but... I LOVE IT! This is going to be awesome, sitting next to my angel in disguise every day, doing labs together and what not. Can this get any better?"

Jaejoong stop walking and said, "Actually, it can get better. Tomorrow, Sica and I were planning to go to an amusement park and Taeyeon is going to be there so I ask if I can bring you along. If you don't want to go, it's alright with me." in a sarcastic tone of voice.

Junsu eyes open wide and then he started jumping on and down yelling, "I WANT TO GOO!!! TAKE ME WITH YOU!!"

"Alright, calm down! People are staring at us weirdly now." Jaejoong said as he let out a small laugh.

Junsu finally calm down and let out a deep breath and said, "Okay, I am calm now. Calm I am!"

Jaejoong just shook his head and said, "Sure you are? Anyway, I'll just call up Jessica to tell her that you're going too. We are going to meet up at the bus stop at 8am. Don't be late or we'll leave you behind!"

"No problem! I'll just come an hour early!" Junsu smiled.


On the other hand, Jessica was walking down the hall, chatting with Taeyeon. In the middle of the chat, Jessica said, "So Taeyeon, how do you like your new seat in Chem class?"

"Oh it's? interesting..." Taeyeon said shyly.

One of Jessica's eyebrow perk up and then she said, "Really? so sitting next to Junsu is interesting ey? I wonder why?" 

Taeyeon's face changed color and she said, "What are you trying to imply?!"

"Oh nothing, nothing at all. Anyway I was wondering if you would like to go to the amusement park tomorrow with me. Jaejoong and Junsu are going too so I thought it'll be weird if I'm the only girl there so would you like to go with me please?" asked Jessica.

"Hmmm... this sounds kind of fishy though... Are you guys planning something?" said Taeyeon as she tries to interrogate Jessica.

Jessica just laughs at Taeyeon and said, "Does this mean you don't want to go? You don't have to you know. It's just going to me playing with myself since I know for sure Jaejoong and Junsu would go on all those scary rides. Poor little Jessica playing by herself at the amusement park with no best friend to play with?" 

"Are you trying to guilt me?" asked Taeyeon.

"Is it working?" smiled Jessica.

"Actually yes, and you because of that. What time are you guys going?" sighed Taeyeon.

"WOOHOO! I know you are such a great friend!" said Jessica as she hugged Taeyeon. "We're going to meet up at the bus stop at 8:00 am. Don't be late though, the ticket line gets pack after 8:45!"

"Alright, I'll try to get there early then." sighed Taeyeon.


~Saturday 7:00am~

Junsu is sitting at the bus stop bench, waiting in the cold. 

"I shouldn't have came this early... but then, I couldn't really sleep so might as well just wait here." Junsu thought to himself.

Junsu wraps himself in his jacket and he lay on the bench. Half an hour later, Taeyeon arrive at the meeting spot.

"Oh my... there's a sleeping hobo on the bench. What do I do, what do I do?!?!" Taeyeon thought to herself.

Junsu heard some footsteps coming towards him so he shot straight up from his sleeping position which scared at Taeyeon.

"AHHH! THE SLEEPING HOBO IS GOING TO ATTACK ME! HELP!!" Taeyeon screamed.

"Oh wait Taeyeon! I'm not a sleeping hobo! It's me Junsu!" said Junsu as he tries to calm Taeyeon down.

"Oh, it really is you Junsu. For a second there, I don't even know what was going to happen." said Taeyeon.

Junsu laughed and said, "Well it was my fault for looking like a hobo sleeping on the bench I guess."

The two of them laughed but then awkward silent began creeping over them. A few minutes pass and Junsu try to break the awkwardness by saying, "Man, I wonder where that Jaejoong is! He told me not to be late and look at him! Not even here yet and its 7:50!"

"Same here! Jessica told me not be late but I should have known she would have been late. She never wakes up early for anything!' complained Taeyeon.

Just then, Taeyeon's and Junsu's phone began ringing.

Junsu picks up his phone and said, "Hello?"

"Oh hey Junsu, this is Jaejoong. I'm sorry man but I can't go anymore. My dad is making me help him with some of the company's paperwork and I can't find a way out of this. I really sorry again!"

Junsu look at Taeyeon who was busy on the phone and then whisper, "Are you serious? It's just going to be me, Jessica, and Taeyeon? I don't even talk to them that much! This is going to be so awkward!"

"Don't worry Junsu! Just be yourself and hopefully things will be alright! Hope you have fun with Taeyeon! Sorry, can't talk much, got to go now, BYE!"

"WAIT JAEJOONG DON'T!..."

*beep beep Jaejoong had hung up.*

On the other side, when Taeyeon pick up, she can hear Jessica's voice on the other side.

"Hey Taeyeon, don't hate me but I can't go anymore. I got in another fight with the devil (her sister Krystal) today and now I'm grounded!"

"WHAT?! How can this happen?" Taeyeon said.

"Well, if you want to know, the devil found a cucumber in the fridge and then she started attacking me with it, so I was going to beat her up and then..." 

Taeyeon cuts Jessica off and said, "Yeah, I know how you guys fight but why did you have to get grounded on this day! It's going to be awkward at the amusement park! I don't want to go anymore!"

"Wait Taeyeon! Just go, when was the last time you went to an amusement park? You are already at the bus stop and the bus should be there in 2 minutes so just go. It will be fun! Anyway, I can't talk much, my mom is going to take my phone away. BYE TAEYEON! HAVE FUN!" Jessica said as she tries to convince Taeyeon.

*beep beep beep Jessica has hung up*

Both Junsu and Taeyeon sighed and turn to look at each other.

"Jaejoong said he can't go."

"Jessica is grounded."

Just then, the bus arrived right in front of them and then the door opened.

"I guess since we're here already, we should just enjoy ourselves?" Junsu said.

"Yeah, Jessica told me to have fun too." said Taeyeon.

Junsu smiled and said, "It's kind of a good thing that they can't go. Now I can spend the whole day getting to know you better."

Taeyeon look at Junsu's smiling face and blushed but she found herself smiling back at him.

"Yeah, you're right. Let's go and have fun!" Taeyeon said.

Junsu stood up and made a hand gesture to Taeyeon to go in the bus first and said, "Ladies first." 


~Flashback ends~


"WAIT! WHY DID YOU STOP THERE!" yells the tiny mushroom girl.

"Do you expect me to memorize everything they talk about in middle school?! It's been 3 years since then! Plus, I didn't even go to the amusement park so how would I have every detail of what they did?" said Jessica.

Tiffany made an "O" shape with and then just nod at Jessica.

"Basically, they did what you would do at an amusement park and a few weeks after that, he asked her out and she said yes." Said Jessica.

"Wait, I don't get this. Junsu seems so nice to Taeyeon before, how can this gentlemen turn into what you guys think, a devil?" questioned Tiffany.

Jaejoong and the other guys sighed and Donghae stepped in and said, "It's complicated... We thought Junsu was a great guy too. Like hey, he's our best friend, but when we finally hooked those two together, he started to change."

The confused mushroom continues to question the others saying, "How so? This doesn't make any sense?"

Then Yuri walked over and sat next to Tiffany and said, "It doesn't make sense to us either. Junsu fooled us all. To make a long story short, the beginning of their relationship was great, they were the ideal couple that everyone wants to be but then Taeyeon gave him an expensive gift for their 1 month anniversary and then after that, it seem like she kept on buying more and more expensive stuff for him."

Jessica joined the conversation and said, "It seemed normal at first, buying your lover a gift but then things got outrageous when Taeyeon asked me to help her find a diamond wallet because Junsu wanted one. Then I found out that Junsu been asking Taeyeon to buy him all these expensive stuff for him because he knows that she came from a wealthy family and that was the last straw for me."

Yuri then said, "All of a sudden, we get a call from Taeyeon's dad, asking us if we know where Taeyeon was. Turns out, she had disappeared and that there was a ransom note on her desk asking for 5 million dollars..."

Jaejoong was rubbing his temple with a dark expression and said, "I don't get it. I'm his best friend and I didn't even know what he was doing. He stopped talking to me ever since their 1st anniversary. Actually, he never even talks to me about his family or anything else that was on him mind. He just listen to me rant all the time and I never really know anything about him. It was all my fault. If only I knew..."

Donghae walks over to Jaejoong, patting his back. "It's okay Jaejoong, I didn't know either. Nobody knew that this was going to happen"

"So what happened after the ransom note...? What did he do to Taeyeon?" Tiffany asked sadly.

"Well, it wasn't that hard to find Taeyeon afterward. We had to call some private FBI who did a fingerprint check on the ransom note and luckily, the person who did this was an amateur. They even left a footprint trail to where they were hiding. The fingerprint test traces it to Junsu's dad however so we did a background check on him before we took any action." Jessica said.

Jaejoong then said, "Turns out that their family was in debt and Junsu's dad was a worker in my dad's company, but he had one of the lowest paying jobs. After that, we quickly found the hideout spot and just as we thought, Junsu and his dad was there. They were yelling at us to give them the money or they'll hurt Taeyeon but I try to give them an ultimatum saying that if they let Taeyeon go, my dad have offer him a higher paying job at one of our branch office in Japan. Either go to Japan and work there, or we'll make sure that their debts will plunge even deeper till there no point of living. In the end, they let Taeyeon go but they did use some type of drug that that left her confused and passed out." 

"NO FREAKING WAY! How dare that guy drug Taeyeon or even kidnap her!" yelled Tiffany.

Jessica let out a loud sigh and said, "Now do you understand why everyone hates him? After they left for Japan, Taeyeon was in the hospital for a week and she wouldn't believe what we were telling her. She would lock herself up in her room, nut as time goes by, she slowly understood what really happened and accepted it. It took 9 months, but Taeyeon have finally gotten back to who she was but now that Junsu is back, I am not going to let her go through that again."

Tiffany nodded and said, "I'll help you guys protect Taeyeon, she my best friend too!"

Everyone just smiled at the cute effort the little mushroom girl was putting into this. Just then, Siwon came out of nowhere (they were still at Siwon's soccer game for those who have forgotten the story) and said, "Hey guys!! Did you guys see me in the game?!? I totally owned! Oh, hello Taeyeon."

"TAEYEON?!?" everyone yelled. 

Kim Taeyeon have walked up the bleacher unknowingly and said, "I think I'm just going to go home now instead of going to Jessica's house."(Taeyeon was somewhere away from the bleacher to have a talk with Junsu. Jessica, Tiffany, and Taeyeon were suppose to work on a English project afterschool but Jessica and Jaejoong had detention and Taeyeon was writing an article on the soccer game before Junsu came in and interrupted things)

"Ummm, okay... Is everything alright? Where's Junsu?" asked Jessica with concern. 

"He left already. I'm just tired and not in the mood to do anything right now. Don't worry though, I'll tell you everything tomorrow probably... Well bye everyone for now." said Taeyeon with a nonchalantly tone. 

"Bye Taeyeon..." everyone said. 

Once Taeyeon walked off and out of sight, Siwon broke the awkward silent and said, "Sooo... It looked like you guys totally did not watch my soccer game... What happened?"

Groans, moans, and sighs were heard all over the bleacher and most of them just shook their heads and walk off the bleacher going home. 

"Wait guys! Don't just leave me!!" yelled Siwon. 

Jaejoong looked over to Donghae and said, "I'm not explaining it. I talked way too much today, you do it Donghae. I'm going home, bye guys."

Donghae just had a blank expression on his face and said, "I'm going home too. Bye Siwon." And with that, Donghae walked off the bleacher along with everyone else leaving Siwon all by himself.

"WHY WON'T ANYONE TELL ME ANYTHING ANYMORE!?!?" Siwon yelled hopelessly at the sky.