Chapter 7

Love in the Time of the Ice Princess

The bell had just ringed, signaling an hour of torture with the stupid Prince, Jaejoong. As the students began leaving the class, Mr. Soshi called Jaejoong and me up to his desk. I turned to look at Jaejoong and his face seems like it was glowing. Oh my gosh, since when did he have a pretty face? WAIT WHAT?! JESSICA WHAT WERE YOU JUST THINKING?! omfg... BAD JESSICA BAD! Aigo, why is this happening to me? I felt a rush of blood running into my cheeks and I know for sure that my face is bright as a tomato. I turned my face away so hopefully no one could see it.

"Jessica and Jaejoong, as you guys both know, you owe me an hour of detention due to all the ruckus you guys cause the other day. So when everyone leaves, you guys will sit in the two front desks and be quiet for a whole hour! Maybe you can use to time to finish some homework. I hope this hour of silence will teach you a lesson or two before you guys decide to do something bad ever again." Mr. Soshi said.

"Yes Mr. Soshi." We both said.

Taeyeon was still in the room and she turned to me and said, "Jessica, don't die on me! I'll see you in an hour! Jessica hwaiting!!"

I will die in an hour! I made a pouting face and whined, "Taengo!! Save me!"

Taeyeon began laughing a bit and said, "Hehe, sorry I can't kidnap you."

Man! Why can't she be the super hero for the day and kidnap me. I know kidnapping is a bad thing, but right now, it will save my life.

Then Donghae and Tiffany walked in to get Taeyeon. Donghae then said, "Be good you two! Taeyeon, we should get going, the game is going to start soon."

"Yea yea Taetae, I want to watch the soccer game. It sounds interesting and Donghae keep insisting me to go watch. Is it really exciting? No one is touching each like the wrestling match right...?" Tiffany said. 

"Haha, there isn't much hand touching in soccer so you don't have to be gross out." Donghae laughed. 

Geez, Tiffany is so weird. Wrestling is just a sport not some gay action or anything. 

Mr. Soshi got up from his desk and started walking toward them and said, "I'm sorry but you guys have to leave. Detention is starting now." 
They all nodded their head and headed out the door and after every single one of them are out, Mr. Soshi closed the door. 

Aww man, why do they have to leave me alone with HIM! 1 hour, all alone by myself, well Jaejoong is here but it's not helping! I feel like I'm being fed to a cage lion. How fast can 1 hour pass by?!

"Okay you two, sit down in these two front desks and keep quiet!" Mr. Soshi said as he walked to the chalkboard and wrote the word "DETENTION" on the board.

Thanks for reminding me in such huge letters Mr. Soshi. As I sat down at my desk, I didn't know what I should do for a whole hour so I took out my notebook and started drawing. Even though I'm no Picasso, it helped me pass time. As I looked up at the clock to check what time it was, only 1 minute have passed. OMFG ONLY 1 MINUTE?! HOW CAN I SURVIVE 59 MORE MINUTES?! 

As I was going crazy about this whole detention thing, something lightly hit my arm. I turned around and see Jaejoong smiling at me, pointing down at the ground. When I looked down, I can see a paperclip, gum stuck on the floor, and a crumple up piece of paper. I quickly looked at Mr. Soshi to see if he was looking and saw that he was sitting at his desk with a newspaper wide open in front of him, so I bend down to pick up the crumble paper that Jaejoong threw at me.

I tried my best to quietly open the crumble paper so Mr. Soshi wouldn't catch us passing notes and when I finally got it open it said, 

"Ice Princess! This is boring! Talk to me, there's nothing else to do!" -Jaejoong

"Hehe, how cute" I thought to myself. I could feel myself smiling at this small note and began writing back.

"Yah, Prince Jaejoong! What happen if Mr. Soshi catches us throwing notes! I don't want another hour detention! :[" -Jessica.

I then crumpled the note back up and quickly glance at Mr. Soshi to see if he was still reading the newspaper. He was still reading, so I quickly threw the paper at Jaejoong's head. Haha, I wanted to hit his head since forever so why waste a perfect chance?

Jaejoong made a funny angry face at me and went to pick up the paper and began opening it. While he was doing this, I heard a THUMP noise and turned my head quickly to find out what had happened. To my surprised, Mr. Soshi had been asleep the whole time behind the newspaper and his head fell down on the desk. Wow Mr. Soshi... you really surprise me at times you know that? I thought he would have woken up but instead, I heard a loud snoring noise coming from him. Deep sleeper much? Then, I felt the crumpled paper hitting my head, so I quickly turned my head and find Jaejoong laughing quietly at me. I quickly gave him my death stare and then went to pick up the crumple paper.

"Don't worry, he won't catch us. Look he just fell asleep! Haha!" -Jaejoong.

"Haha, yea he did. He scared me when his head just hit the table. I thought I was going to have a heart attack or something." -Jessica

"A heart attack by something as little as that? Geez, I never knew the Ice Princess get scared that easily!" -Jaejoong.

"What are you talking about? It was scary! You were probably scared too but too afraid to admit it! ADMIT THAT YOU WERE AFRAID TOO!" -Jessica.

"Okay maybe I was scared for a little bit, but not as scared as you! You jumped up from your desk! Scardy cat!" -Jaejoong.

"I did not jump! I don't even remember what I did but oh well. At least you admitted you were scared. Haha!" -Jessica.

"Oh whatever, anyway, what did you draw before Mr. Soshi fell asleep?" -Jaejoong.

The crumpled paper was completely filled out so I took a new sheet of paper and wrote, "I drew a picture of a mushroom house! Isn't cute?" -Jessica. And then put my picture instead the note and crumpled it up and threw it at him.

When he opened it and looked at the picture, he turned and gave me a disgusted face and quickly wrote something in the paper and threw it back at me. I opened it up and he wrote, "THIS IS A MUSHROOM HOUSE?! It looks like a cucumber!!" -Jaejoong.

Right when I read the word cucumber, I immediately screamed but then quickly cover my mouth with my hand. Sadly, my scream woke Mr. Soshi up from his nap and he stared at us and said, "Jessica! Don't scream in class! You still have 45minutes to go so even if this is boring you to death, deal with it! Now let me get back to sleep and don't bother me again!" and with that, he instantly fell asleep. Seriously, how can he wake up from my scream but not when he hit his head? Mr. Soshi is an odd man...


I quickly scribbled on the note, "Why in the world would I draw a picture of a cucumber! Those are the nastier piece of vegetable on earth!" -Jessica. This time when I threw the note, I made sure I threw it real hard at Jaejoong's head.

He quickly said, "Ow!" and then gave me an icy stare and went to pick up the note. Then he threw it back at me and he wrote, "Shesh, you didnâ??t have to throw the paper THAT hard. And sorry that I forgot that you hate cucumbers. It's quite funny how Mr. Soshi heard your dolphin-like scream and didn't feel his head falling into the table. I give you a thumb up for the dolphin scream." -Jaejoong.

"Haha, very funny. Now stop making fun of my scream and entertain me. There's 45 minutes left of detention and I'm bored to death!" -Jessica.

"I have to entertain you?! Don't you have to entertain me? The PRINCE?" -Jaejoong.

"Ladies first right? Now entertain me!" -Jessica.

"There once was an Ice Princess who lived in a cucumber house. The end." -Jaejoong.

Oh my gosh, how could he even write that?! WHO WOULD LIVE IN A CUCUMBER HOUSE?! I gave him my icy glare and ripped up the note in front of him face and then turn my body around so my back was facing him. I laid my head down my desk and decided that I should use these 40 minutes to catch up on my sleep. That stupid Jaejoong, I thought I could actually talk to him but NOOO he had to bring up a stupid cucumber house and ruin everything. While I was trying to sleep, I can feel crumpled papers hitting my back. Yes there were many crumpled papers hitting my back right now, but being stubborn, I decided to not let it bother me and wait til he stops throwing it at me.


~30 seconds later~

"STOP THROWING PAPERS AT ME!!" I angrily yelled at Jaejoong.

He made an innocent face and put his finger to his lip indicating me to be quiet and pointed to all the papers surrounding my desk. I pick them up one by one and began opening them all.

"The Ice Princess is too cool for a cucumber house." - Jaejoong.
"And she hated cucumbers with all her might." -Jaejoong.
"So the cool, awesome, hot, handsome Prince Jaejoong came to save the day." -Jaejoong.
"He quickly came to the Ice Princess rescue and brought her to a safe place." -Jaejoong.
"And when she was safe, he went back to battle the cucumber house." -Jaejoong.
"It was a tough battle, and the handsome, cool, awesome, hot Prince Jaejoong gave it his all to beat the evil cucumber house." -Jaejoong.
"In the end, Prince Jaejoong came out victorious and went back to tell the Ice Princess." -Jaejoong.
"The Ice Princess was so happy so she decided to do everything that the Prince asks her too." -Jaejoong.

When I read that part, I gave Jaejoong an icy glare as he threw one last paper at me. I open the crumpled paper and it said, "The cool, awesome, hot, handsome Prince decided he didn't need a slave so he let the Ice Princess do whatever she wanted and then gave her a cute teddy bear and they live happily ever after doing whatever they want to do." -Jaejoong.

I giggled at his weird story and smiled at him and said, "Thank you for entertaining me. I'm sorry for ignoring you earlier."

He laughed a bit and said, "It's okay, just don't tell anyone else that I wrote you a story and was nice to you for once. I have a reputation to keep remember."

"Uh huh. A reputation... Yea, I'm going to be nice today so I'm not even going to say it." I said.

"Haha, a nice Ice Princess. Now that's something I got to see." He joked.

I gave him a quick glare and he said, "Just kidding~ anyway... so I heard you still have Mr. Snuggle... Have you been taking good care of him?" 

I felt embarrassed when he ask that and I know for sure that I am blushing right now and said, "How did you know I still have Mr. Snuggle?! Did Taeyeon or Tiffany tell you?! Aw man, when I see them I am going toâ?¦" before I could finish, Jaejoong cut me off with a chuckle and said, "No no, they didn't tell me. I overheard Taeyeon talking to Donghae, so yeah." 

"Omg! I still can't believe that Taeyeon told Donghae about it too!" I whined and put my face in my hand, too embarrassed to talk about it.

"Jessica, it's not really a big deal you know." Jaejoong said but I just whined some more and kept my face in my hands. 

"Yah Jessica, why are you embarrassed about a simple bear? Shouldn't it be okay for you to talk about your bear with me because I was the one who gave it to you in the first place?" Jaejoong said as he tried to reason with me. I didn't really want hear what he said because I was still too depressed and embarrassed about it and kept whining with my face still in my hands.

"Yah Jessica!" Jaejoong said as he poked my arm. 

I still wasn't answering him so he continued to poke me while saying, "Jessica! Jessica! Jessica! Jessica! Jessica! JESSICA! JESSICA! JESSICA! SICA! SICA! ICE PRINCESS! HEY YOU! JESSICA!"

I was at my breaking point, and was so annoyed that he kept repeating my name so I turned around to yell back at him, but what I didn't expect was his face being so close to mine and our lips meeting.