Chapter 3

Love in the Time of the Ice Princess

Everyone was back in class now and it seems like Mr. Soshi is trying to get Tiffany up to date on what we are learning. 

"So MiYoung, right now we are having a group project and I know it's hard to start on it since today was your first day of school but I'll extend the due date for everyone. It wouldn't be too hard for you since it is on American literature. You'll be put in Jessica and Taeyeon group so I hope you guys will be fine with that." Mr. Soshi said.

"Yes Mr. Soshi." Tiffany said while she turned around to smile her eye smile at me.

For some reasons, I felt myself smiling back at her.

Mr. Soshi went back to teaching and when the bell rang, he called Jaejoong and me to his desk.

"Remember when I gave you guys' detention for disrupting the class today in the morning? Well I do not have time to stay after class today so you guys will have to serve your detention tomorrow." said Mr. Soshi

Phew, no detention today, I do not want to be stuck here with Jaejoong for an hour. 

"However, you guys will still need to clean up the room so make sure to turn off the lights when you guys are finish. You guys better clean up because I will check the classroom thoroughly tomorrow and if I even find a speck of dust, you guys will have double detention! Do I make myself clear?!" Mr. Soshi said with a scary face.

Jaejoong and I immediately said, "Yes Mr. Soshi!" 

"Alright, have fun cleaning and I hope this teach you guys a lesson somehow." said Mr. Soshi as he walked out of the classroom.

Great... cleaning up is my favorite to do... not! 

Just then, Taeyeon walked in from waiting for me outside and said, "Jessica, when you are done cleaning, meet me at the gym because I have to write a newspaper on today wrestling match."

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention how Taeyeon is the president of the student counsel and newspaper club. Talk about being amazing! I believe Taeyeon can do anything if she really wants to and will succeed will flying colors. I feel so lucky to have such an awesome best friend. 

"After I'm done, we can go home together and start on our project. Oh and Tiffany is coming along too."

"Um sure I guess? I'll be done cleaning soon..." I said uneasily.

Taeyeon just shook her head and said, "It's a good thing that only one person go at a time to wrestle so you don't have to hurry. There's plenty of time... even though it'll probably take you an hour to clean up, it's okay. Just remember to meet me there!"

"Psh! I do not take forever to clean up... okay maybe I do but whatever. I'll come to the gym. Hopefully the match ends quickly so we can get home and work on the project." I grumbled.

"Haha yea. Well, I'll see you later. Take care now!" Taeyeon said as she walked out the room.

"Bye Taeyeon." I said, but she already walked out the door.

As I turn around to begin cleaning, Jaejoong was sitting right in front of me, just staring. 

"What are you staring at? Aren't you supposed to be cleaning?" I yelled.

"The Prince isn't supposed to be cleaning. Clean for me." Jaejoong said.

"Wtf? Are you crazy? No way! I'll clean half of the room and you clean the other half. I don't care if you are the Prince or not but you got us both in trouble so you better clean it up!" I said, almost in disbelief that he actually demanded me to clean it up for him. No one can boss me around!

I went to find a broom and started cleaning up my side of the classroom. I can't believe myself. I am actually cleaning.

While I was trying to clean up the floor, Jaejoong was still sitting at the same place he was earlier, and is constantly staring at me!

Irritated, I yelled, "Hey! Why aren't you cleaning?!"

He answered by saying, "I'm not cleaning because I don't want to. And what are you doing? It doesn't even look like you are cleaning. You are just spreading the dust in the sky with the broom." 

Confused, I look back at what I was doing, and like what Jaejoong said, I was indeed spreading the dust in the air.

"Grr, this is why I don't clean up!" I said as I threw the broom on the floor.

"Hahaha! I never knew the Ice Princess was such a quitter." he smirked.

"Whatever! You try cleaning up then!" I yelled back at him. 

He just shook his head and said, "No can do. You said that you'll clean your side of the classrom and I'll clean mine."

Argh! Why must he use my words against me?!?

"Anyway, we live in the 20th centuries so go Google, How to use a Broom for Dummies, and maybe even help clean my side too." he said with a cheesy smile. 

"Ha ha, real funny. You should look that up for yourself dummy." I said. 

Then I walked toward the back of the room and noticed how messy the bookshelf were so I said, "Go look up how to use a broom while I reorganize the bookshelf. Maybe you can clean my side too since you're not doing anything. Geez what a useless Prince."

"Psh yea right! I am not useless!" he said as he turned to look at the chalkboard. "Oh! I seen this in a movie!" and then he went to pick up the two chalkboard eraser and walked toward the window and began hitting the two eraser together. 

The chalk dusts started to descend from the eraser and landed right in Jaejoong face, giving him a white powdery face.

"Bleh! I think... I.... swallowed some!" he tried to say while spitting. 

"HAHAHAHAHA! Nice going Prince! I think you should have moved your face away before you do that." I laughed. 

"Too late now! You should have told me that earlier!" he yelled. 

"Well I didn't know that you were going to do something utterly stupid!" I chuckled. 

Jaejoong just stared at me with his white powdery face. 

I sighed and said, "Okay, fine. Maybe I did know that you were going to do something stupid but it was still funny right?"

"Oh shut up. I'm going to the bathroom to wash up. You better clean your side up!" he yelled as he was walking toward the door. 

"You better not ditch me and leave all the cleaning to me!" I yelled back. 

He just chuckled and walked out the door. 

Darn. He better come back and clean up his side! I went back to reorganizing the bookshelf and was putting the books in alphabetical order. I finish the bottom shelves and now all I had left was the shelf all the way on the top. I was trying my best to tippy toe to put the book on the top shelf but it wasn't working. Then out of nowhere, a hand came out and took the book from my hand and placed it into the shelf. 

I turned around, in surprise to see who it was that helped me. 

I was expecting Jaejoong to be back from the bathroom but then, instead of seeing Jaejoong, I was facing Donghae instead. 

"Oh what the? What are you doing here Donghae?" I said, still surprised. 

"I was with Taeyeon at first, watching KangIn match and was waiting for Jaejoong to finish cleaning. Tiffany was there too, but got bored of watching the match because she thought it was gay that the guys were touching each other... So we came back here to help you guys clean up faster so we can get to our project." he said. 

Then I heard Tiffany's voice in the background and turned to look at her. 

She faced me and said, "Omg Jessica! You should have seen the wrestling match! It was so weird and the guys were like totally touching each other like they were gay or something. It was so awkward!"

I just laughed at her when she said that and then Jaejoong came back into the room saying, "Hey Ice Princess! Did you learn how to use a broom... Oh! Donghae! What are you doing here?"

"I just came here to help because you guys are taking forever. Plus Tiffany couldn't stand the physical contact during the wrestling game" he laughed as he said that. 

"Oh that is so cool! Do any of you guys know how to use a broom? Ice Princess here is so stupid that she doesn't even know how." Jaejoong said. 

"Speak for yourself loser! You don't know how to use it either!" I yelled. 

"Calm down you guys. We should start cleaning up right now if you guys want to leave anytime soon." Donghae said. 

"Oh right... Less talking, more cleaning!" we both said and everyone just started cleaning the room. 

In about 25 minutes, everything was put away and was squeaky clean. 

"Phew. About time we finished. I can't stand to look at any more cleaning products. We could have finished earlier but the Ice Princess wouldn't do anything." Jaejoong complained. 

"Oh what did you..."
I was interrupted by Donghae as he said, "Calm down Jessica. You don't want to start another fight. Taeyeon is still waiting for you to go home and start on your project."

"Oh yeah. Sorry for the trouble but I still can't see why you are friend with a jerk like Jaejoong." I coldly said.

"Haha, well he's an idiot at time but still needs someone to watch his back. And like I said, it's a boys' thing, you wouldn't understand." he said. 

I stood there in disbelief as he turned around and said, "Jaejoong! We need to get going now if you want to get anything done on the project. And sorry Tiffany for all the trouble. I hope Taeyeon and Jessica will help you settle down here better. I'll see you guys tomorrow. Goodbye!" he waved back at us as he left the room with Jaejoong. 

"Aish. That Donghae" I said while shaking my head. 

I was walking toward Tiffany until I noticed that her eyes were glittering once again. Shesh did this girl put sprinkles in her eyes or something? Anyway I led Tiffany back to the wrestling gym to get Taeyeon as we headed home to work on the project. Tiffany was being quiet ever since Donghae left while Taeyeon seemed dead from the whole match. I wonder if we will get anything done back at my house.