Chapter 11

Love in the Time of the Ice Princess

Jaejoong ponders as he tries to remember what happen back then in middle school when Taeyeon and Junsu just met.

Jaejoong started by saying, "Hmmm... Well after class ..." 


~Flashback~


*RING RING* Class is over!

The students started emptying the classroom as the day was over and as Junsu began walking to his locker, Jaejoong ran after him.

"Yo! Junsu wait up for me!" Jaejoong shouted.

Junsu turned around and smiled, "Oh hey Jaejoong, What's up?"

"Dude, why are you so happy now? Ever since the beginning of class you have been smiling the whole time. Are you having a fever? Or maybe..." Jaejoong trails off snickering as he was thinking of what to say next.

Junsu quickly whack Jaejoong behind the head and said, "What the... you better not be thinking wrong. Your creepy snickering is giving me a bad vibe."

Jaejoong rub his head after Junsu whack him and then complained, "Ahh, gee Junsu, you didn't have to hit me that hard. But back to my little thought, you been smiling for the whole day and I just happened to remember that you said that you ran into Kim Taeyeon. Literally too, so fess up!"

Junsu blush a bit and then said, "Can you lower your voice?! What if people hear you? We don't want to spread rumors!"

Jaejoong started to laugh and said, "Rumors about what?! And why are you blush-alsknvzm,xncv!"

Junsu quickly covered Jaejoong's mouth and then pulls him to the side of the hall and into a classroom. When they are finally inside, Junsu lets Jaejoong go and said, "Dude you need to shut up at times."

Jaejoong quickly caught his breath and said, "Man, what is wrong with you? All I said was that you ran into Kim Taeyeon and then your face turned red and you went ape crazy on me. Are you in LIKE with her?!"

Junsu sighed and then said, "Remember how I have always told you about this dream girl of mine?"

Jaejoong just nod and said, "Yeah, yeah, a girl that is shorter than you that has a cute smile that will make you smile yourself and she have to a dorky laugh because normal laughs are boring. I remember something about angelic voice? and then yadaa yaadaa yaadaa right?" 

Junsu rolled his eyes and said, "Yup minus the yaadaa yaadaa yaadaa. Anyway, since you are so caught up with your ice princess, you never notice the ice princess's best friend. Kim Taeyeon has the dorkiest laugh that you can ever hear and it is just so cute! And her height is perfect because I'm taller than her and her voice is a like angel! I swear she's an angel in disguise!"

"HAHAHA! Wow, can you hear yourself? Looks like someone have already fallen head over heels for this angel in disguise." Jaejoong laughed.

"Yeah, I can hear myself but anyway, enough about that." Junsu said and then he changed his expression into a nice one and then nudges Jaejoong. "Hey best friend. Wouldn't you like to help a friend in distress?" 

Jaejoong stared at Junsu and then said, "I don't like where this is going... Why does your voice sound so creepy...?"
Junsu continue talking in his nice/creepy voice and said, "Oh, this is how I usually talk best friend. We have been best friend since forever and best friend always help each other out right?"

Jaejoong just shook his head and said, "Just get to the point already!"

"Fine, you are best friend with Jessica and Jessica is best friend with Taeyeon and since Jessica is best friend with Taeyeon and you're best friend with Jessica, somehow you can get Jessica to talk to Taeyeon about me and then somehow with this connection Taeyeon can talk to me and kaboom! Something awesome will happy and it's all thanks to you for being my best friend who is also best friend with Jessica who is best friend with Kim Taeyeon!" Junsu said without stopping for a breath.

Jaejoong had a blank stare on his face as he was slowly getting the speech sinking in his head. Jaejoong open his mouth and said, "What the...."

Junsu fell down to the ground onto his knee and started begging Jaejoong. "Please Jaejoong! You gotta help me man! You're my only hope!"

Jaejoong shook his head and sighed as he thought about why he had such weird friend. "Fine, hurry up and stand up. This look awkward! I'll help you get your 'angel' so stop acting so dramatic"

Junsu quickly jumped up and screamed, "YAY! You're like the bestest friend anyone can have! I swear, you are the TRUE ANGEL IN DISGUISE!"

"Dude... You are creeping me out." Jaejoong said.

"Oh sorry, but still thanks man!" Junsu said happily.

"Yeah, yeah. No problem. Just not more creepy long explanations and angels." Jaejoong said.

Junsu stood up straight and yelled out, "Yes sir!"

Jaejoong whack Junsu behind the back of his head because Junsu was still being weird.


~End of Flashback~


"And so that was what happens after class that day." Jaejoong said.

You can hear a lot of Oh's and Ah's after Jaejoong finish telling his story. But out of everyone's Oh's and Ah's, Tiffany seems to gather some attention.

"Ohh.... so you were best friend with the Ice Princess back then? What happened now?" the little mushroom girl asked bringing shock to everyone.

Yuri walked towards Tiffany and whisper to her, "Save that question for another day."

Tiffany just look at Yuri in confusion, but the look from everyone around had the same expression as Yuri had so Tiffany just nodded her head. Then she said, "So what happen after that?" 

"Didn't you try to hook them up Jessica?" Yuri asked. 

"Oh yeah, that was because Jaejoong told me what Junsu said and Taeyeon was acting weird ever since they ran into each other." Jessica said. 

"What?!? You hook them up? Tell me all about it! I LOVE love stories!!!!" screamed the obnoxious mushroom girl. 

At first, everyone gave her a blank stare but then burst out into laughter.

"HAHAH oh my god Fany, you always seem to be able to make me laugh." laughed Donghae as he was trying to calm down.

Tiffany blushed a light pink and then yelled, "What are you guys laughing about?! Are you going to tell me the love story or not?"

Jessica sighs and shook her head and then said, "Alright, calm down first Tiff. As far back as I can remember, it all started after going to the mall with Taeyeon. When I got home, Jaejoong left a weird voicemail on my phone..."


~Flashback~


After school, Jessica and Taeyeon went to the mall to just hang out and window shop. 

"Taeyeon, if you didn't use all of MY money on food, we could have gone shopping for real instead of window shopping. And OH MY GOSHH!! I want that cardigan!!" Jessica yelled at Taeyeon.

Taeyeon push her palm together while bowing and said, "Sorry sorry sorry! My stomach kept on growling and wouldn't shut up! It sounded like there was a lion in there or something! You don't want a lion to kill my stomach right Sica?"

"What are you talking about? A lion in your stomach? There's no way a huge lion can fit in that tiny body of yours. And you owe me that cardigan." Jessica said.

Taeyeon smiled and said, "Yes mom! Anyway, this can give us time to just hang out instead of spending our money! Quality time with my best friend! Every time you shop, it seems like you never talk to me, and you just look at the clothes and ask me if it look nice. I need some caring for me too!"

"Kim Taeyeon, you are so lame. Anyway, tell me about what happen when you ran into Junsu. Are you serious when you said you didn't know Junsu was in our class?" Jessica asked.

"I am not lame! Anyway, I just ran into him down the hall and he was helping me pick up my books when his hand slightly brushed against my hand and then we looked into each other's eyes and it was soooo embarrassing! And there's no one fun to talk to in our class so that's why I never notice Kim Junsu." said Taeyeon. 

Jessica gave Taeyeon a sly look and then said, "Ohh this is interesting. Now that you know him, on a scale 1 - 10, 10 being the best, what would you rate him?"

Taeyeon jump back in confusion and then yells, "What?!? Why are you asking me to rate him all of a sudden?"

"The question is, why not? You just met him so you don't really have time to find out about his personality so just rate him on looks". Jessica said. 

Taeyeon made a little pout and said, "Do I really have to?"


*Ring Ring Ring Ring*


"Ah! Jessica! You're phone is ringing! You should answer it right away!" Taeyeon said as she tries to avoid the question.

Jessica quickly reach out for her phone and push the end call button and said, "My phone isn't ringing, what are you talking about? Now stop trying to avoid the question and answer it!"

"Are you sure that you really want to know? It's not even that important..." Taeyeon said slowly. 

Jessica just nod at Taeyeon with an innocent face that made Taeyeon give out a loud sigh. 

"Fine... He is decent looking, kind of better than average so not a 5. But then he's not perfect so also not a 10. Something in between 5 and 10 maybe?" said Taeyeon. 

Jessica rolled her eyes and said, "I asked you for a real number, not an assumption! Tell me the number!"

"Alright! Don't have to be so demanding!" Taeyeon said, "Maybe a dtyhvdss8.7diiejncjsow"

"What? Don't mumble on me now! We're best friends you can tell me!" Jessica whines as she tugs on Taeyeon's arm. 

Taeyeon's face was beginning to turn into a shade of pinkish red and she puts her face in her hand and said, "Gahhh! I said 8.7 okay? Stop asking questions!" 

"Oh WOW! That's a pretty high number Taengo!" Jessica said in surprise.

As of now, Taeyeon's face has changed from a light pink into tomato red. "AHHH, let's stop talking about this. Oh look! Pretty clothes!" Taeyeon said as she tries to change the subject.

"I want that cardigan but someone used all of my money and rated this one guy 8.7" Jessica said.

Taeyeon started panicking and said, "SICA!! DIDN"T I SAY STOP SAYING THAT?!"

Jessica chuckles and pats Taeyeon on the head and said, "Alright then, you suffered enough. You're face is so red which is surprising since you have snow white skin. Anyway, let's go home, I can't buy anything and looking at that cardigan makes me feel miserable that I can't buy it." 

Taeyeon sighs and said, "YES! Let's go home! ah-ha-ha(awkwardlaugh)" 

The shopping adventure with Jessica and Taeyeon finally came to an end as they were saying bye to each other. Jessica was now in her car, sitting in the back seat lazily during the car ride home.


*Beep Beep Beep*


"Hmm, I wonder what this noise is..." Jessica thought.

She looks through her bag and saw a flashing light coming from her phone. 

"Oh yeah! Somebody called me before Taeyeon was about to tell me what she was going to rate Junsu. Hmmm, voicemail? I wonder what this is about..." Jessica calls her voicemail and the message on there was... 

"Umm... Hey Jessica? Err this is Jaejoong, you didn't pick up your phone and I didn't feel like calling back again so I guess I'll just leave a voicemail? Hmmm, I don't really know how to say this but, well. Actually? Wait no... I MEAN!! Well! A FRIEND of mine have a crush on a FRIEND of yours, and I can't really reveal the name to you yet because my FRIEND will probably get mad at me for telling you but maybe he'll thank me later. ANYWAY I was wondering if you can help me out hooking them up. Or something like that. I don't know but all I can say is that this FRIEND of mine is a really good person so don't get all suspicious and stuff yet. Am I talking too much? How long can you talk on voic...." 

*Beep Beep* 


"End of Message" - Sica's Phone.


"What the heck?" said Jessica.

As Jessica was staring blankly at her phone, her chauffer knock on her window letting her know that she have arrived home.

Jessica ran up the long stair, up to her room and then locks the door. Once the door was lock, she took out her phone once again and calls Jaejoong.


*Ring ring ring*


As the phone was still ringing, Jessica thoughts were absorb with, "Dude, hurry up and pick up your freaking phone!!"

Finally, Jaejoong answers the call and said, "Hello...?"

"JAEJOONG! WHO IS THIS FRIEND OF YOURS AND WHICH ONE OF MY FRIEND DOES HE LIKE?!?!??!?!?!?" screams Jessica.

"WOAH!! CALM DOWN! My ears are delicate!" response Jaejoong.

"Oh sorry, I just got excited. Anyway! Hurry up and tell me already!" said Jessica.

"Hmmm, he's one of my best friends?" Jaejoong said.

"Oh wow... that sure eliminates all the other people in our school." Jessica said.

"Sorry, I still don't know if I can tell you yet... maybe if you guess it I'll tell you?" said Jaejoong.

"What?! Guessing game? How am I supposed to help you hook up your friend with my friend if I don't even know who this friend is! Ohh and who does he likes?" Jessica asked with interests.

"Hmm... well, she is short?" Jaejoong said.

"IS IT TAENGO?! SHE'S MY ONLY SHORT FRIEND!!! DOES YOUR FRIEND LIKE MY TAENGO! HE BETTER BE A GOOD PERSON! I'M NOT JUST GOING TO LET JUST ANYBODY LIKE MY TAENGO!" Jessica yelled into the plastic communication device.

"JESSICA! Stop yelling! And yeah it's Taeyeon..." Jaejoong said quietly. 

"No freaking way... Is there any chance that this person ran into her today? Like literally?" Jessica asked. 

Jaejoong let out a small laugh and said, "Bingo."

"Man am I good at this guessing game or what?" Said Jessica, full with confidents. 

"Haha yeah, I have to admit you were pretty good." chuckled Jaejoong. 

"Anyway, I'm in." said Jessica. 

"Alright then, so I was thinking of a regular hang out day, I'll invite Junsu and you invite Taeyeon. Tell them the meeting spot and time but when they show up, we'll say that we can't hang out anymore because blahblahblah and since they are both there already, they should go hang out together." said Jaejoong

"..."

"Jessica? Are you still there?" Jaejoong asked. 

"Jaejoong. Since when were you a genius? This is a EXCELLENT idea!" Jessica exclaim. 

Jaejoong felt flattered after he heard that and said, "Why thank you, anyway, I say we put this plan to work this weekend. What do you think?" 

"I think that's a great idea. I'll persuade Taeyeon about it at school tomorrow and you do the same thing. We have to make them agree no matter what or else this will be a waste." Jessica said. 

"Alright then. Goodluck to the both of us on persuading the other person." Jaejoong said. 

"You too! Well it's getting late so I'm going to sleep. Goodnight and goodluck again!" said Jessica. 

"Thanks and goodnight." said Jaejoong. 

And with that, they both hung on the phone and got ready to go to bed.