Chapter 13

Love in the Time of the Ice Princess

[Before class]


The next day of school, Taeyeon was absent. I bet it was because of the shock of seeing Junsu again after all these years. Seriously, why did the second devil have to come back to Seoul once everything was going smoothly? I feel like a zombie because of everything that is happening such as the English project that Mr. Soshi assigned us, then all the detentions I been getting because the so-called “Prince Jaejoong”, and then I ended up hurting my knee from tripping over a rock and I forgot to mention that I had to limp to school today. Seriously, JESSICA JUNG DOES NOT LIMP TO SCHOOL!! But because of that stupid rock, I guess I have to… and the worst part of this whole week is the moment Junsu appeared out of nowhere. And not to mention the stupid kiss I had with Jaejoong! Jaejoong…. First kiss…. Ahh!! I need to stop thinking about that! Thinking about all of this is making me sleepy. I should go to sleep…

But as I was about to rest my head someone started to shake me.

“Why meeeeeeee! I want to sleep! Why are you waking me up!” I whined.

“Yah Jessica! This is no time for sleep! What are we going do about Taeyeon? She didn’t come to school today!” Yelled a small mushroom-hair girl frantically.

Then Yuri (my best friend from middle school) joins in with the conversation as well saying, “I bet you it had to do something with the talk those two had when we weren’t there. He must have said something to her that made her so shock that she wouldn’t come to school today.” 

“Well that’s a no brainer there. Of course she would be upset about Junsu. I’m upset myself just seeing him yesterday! We’ll go visit her the moment we get out of class alright?” I said.

“Alright” said Tiffany and Yuri.

Right after they both said that, the bell rang and Yuri left the room to go back to her classroom. 

Amazingly, I got to school early for once, yet the day I come to school early, Donghae and Jaejoong were nowhere in sight. Not that I care that Jaejoong isn’t here… but seriously where is Donghae when we need him? 

“Alright everyone, settle down! I’m going to start roll call now” said Mr. Soshi. 

“Hwang MiYoung?”

“Here.” 

“Jung Jessica”

“Here”

“Kim Jaejoong”

….

“Kim Jaejoong??”



“Absent. Next Kim Taeyeon?”



“Absent as well. Next is Lee Donghae?”



“Abse…”

Just then, you can hear a stampede of wild animals rushing into the room. Turns out, the wild animals were just Jaejoong and Donghae.

“WE ARE SO SORRY MR. SOSHI! SOMETHING HORRIBLE APPEARED OUT OF NOWHERE WHEN WE ARRIVE AT SCHOOL TODAY! AND…” Before Jaejoong and Donghae could finish, you can see a shadow of evilness coming slowly to the door.

Mr. Soshi then stops Jaejoong and Donghae and said, “Oh yeah class, I forgot to announce that we’re going to have a transfer student from Japan today. He is actually Korean but he lived in Japan for quite some time and now he’s back. Let’s have a warm welcome for… hey new kid, what’s your name again?”

As I turn my head towards the door, I already regretted not napping during roll call because the moment my eyes landed on the new kid’s face, my eyes burned.
“Oh, my name is Junsu. Kim Junsu.” Junsu looks around the room and a devilish smile appears across his face and he said, “I see a lot of familiar faces around here. I think I’m going to like this class Mr. Soshi.”

Mr. Soshi just nods and said, “Well everyone, the new kid name is Junsu and since he is new, everyone have to be nice to him so he can settle in easily okay? Now Junsu… go find an empty seat somewhere and sit there for now until I figure out where to put you. Jaejoong and Donghae, Tardy. You guys have clean up duty after class today.”

Jaejoong and Donghae both grunted in displeasure while Junsu walked away happily, looking for a place to seat. Unfortunately, Taeyeon’s seat is the only one available right now since she is absent so Junsu decided to sit there. 

Yikes… I looked over where Junsu is sitting and I forgot to mention that Kangin was sitting next to Taeyeon and now Junsu is sitting right next to Kangin. For some reason, Kangin looks very constipated the moment Junsu sat down… Maybe Kangin really needs to poop or something but oh well…

When Donghae got back to his seat, I glared at him, trying to send him signal that I’m about to kill somebody if no one explain to me the reason why Junsu is here at this very moment sitting in Taeyeon’s seat. 

Luckily, being the best friend he is, Donghae caught on to my glare and respond back with body languages such as shrugging his should and pretending to shoot himself. 
Sigh. I wish I could also shoot myself at this very moment but life doesn’t work that way. If only I could buy a new life on ebay…