Going Down in Style

Our Lives on the Line
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

~Chapter 6 – Going Down in Style~

            "Alright, let's get this plan started, we'll split into two teams and Sooyoung will go with me, one team infiltrates the back door and the other the front to keep a lookout and distract Kyubok or any of the other thugs that might recognize us. Keep the communicators in your ears at all times and be sure the microphone attached is working," instructed Sehun as everyone began preparing to head out.

            "Got it!" said everyone in unison  as they nodded in understanding towards Sehun.

            "Good, now Sooyoung and Luha-"

            "Wait! I don't think we should go with the normal team pairs this time!" exclaimed Kai.

            The other four in the room looked towards Kai in confusion.

            "Hold on, I can explain! What I mean is while I was out buying the chicken the other day, I happened to find out that the bouncer at the door or whatever has a weakness for pretty girls," said Kai as he went to grab his bag and lift it up victoriously, "So I planned a little bit further than our plan!"

            Kyungsoo face palmed himself, "Oh my gawd you didn't-"

            "Yup! I got us two disguises!" Kai pulled out two girly dresses with pink and white flower prints on them from his bag and a pair of wigs.

            There was silence once again as everyone just stared at the dresses and wigs Kai pulled out.

            Seeing that no one seemed to be able to form a response, Sooyoung decided to ask "Um, who exactly will be wearing those disguises?"

            Without hesitation, all eyes turned towards Luhan. The oldest having felt all the attention suddenly on him widened his eyes in shock, "Oh hell no!" Luhan shook his head frantically, "No, no, no, no, no, I absolutely refuse!"

            "Aw come on Luhan! This will make things easier, it kind of suites you better and it's not like you'll be going alone! Kyungsoo will be dressed as a girl too!" reasoned Kai.

            "Excuse me?" asked Kyungsoo immediately turning his attention back to Kai.

            Kai grinned back sheepishly, "It'll look pretty on you?"

            Kyungsoo gave Kai a very dark look, "No way in hell, I agree with Luhan on this."

            They were at a standstill now as no one wanted to budge on their decision and eventually an argument broke out among the three of them while Sehun felt a headache beginning to form, "Alright!"

            The three stopped arguing at once and looked at Sehun who was grimacing, "Enough, we need to make a decision quickly, time is being wasted and it's not like the bar is open all night!"

            "Rock, paper, scissors," said Sooyoung suddenly, "That's how Yoona and I decide everything, the loser has to wear the dresses as disguises."

            The four ninja looked at one another as Sooyoung's suggestion hung in the air. The three of them put forward their fists (since they knew Sehun was just going to use his status as leader and override their complaints) and said in unison, "Rock, paper, scissors."

            Kyungsoo had rock.

            Kai had scissors.

            Luhan had… scissors.

            Silence rang out between them as they took in the results.

            "Big brother Luhan and big brother Kai will have to wear the disguises…" said Sooyoung.

            "This did not just happen!" shouted out Kai.

            "I don’t want to wear the disguise!" yelled out Luhan.

            "Too bad! You both lost now go change!" ordered Kyungsoo as he pushed a completely shocked and flabbergasted Kai into the bathroom and gave Luhan his own dress and wig.

            Luhan made a garbled noise in the back of his throat as he stared at Sehun pleadingly.

            Sehun was just about to give into Luhan, really he was only one second away from opening his mouth and caving.

            But then Kyungsoo's voice from the bathroom rang out, "Luhan! Don’t you dare give Sehun puppy eyes to get yourself out of the disguise! You better be changing into it, we're losing time as it is!"

            Luhan made another choked up noise that was quickly drowned out by Kai's screeching.

            "Kyungsoo! I can undress myself!"

            "Then get a move on! You are so slow! The faster we finish this and make you look presentable, the faster we can save Yoona!"

            "Okay! Okay! Just turn around or go outside! I'll change!"

            The bathroom door clicked open and Kyungsoo came out.

            Luhan paled and Sehun opened the dresser door for Luhan, "You might want to change in here."

            Luhan gave another pitiful look at Sehun (which the younger tried his best not to look at) and climbed in to the dresser to change while Sehun stood in front of it to make sure it wouldn't open.

            After the both of them changed and were presentable looking enough (with Sooyoung's help since she remembered she brought along a little make-up pouch), Luhan and Kai looked quite pretty.

            "My manly pride…" whimpered Luhan as he looked at himself in all his delicate glory.

            "Hmmm, we actually look pretty good, I'd even confuse us for girls if I saw us walking on the streets," stated Kai bluntly a he admired himself in the mirror, "Kyungsoo would you date me if I was a girl?"

            Kyungsoo's eye twitched, "Kai, this is not the time to indulge in your narcissistic side."

            Kai pouted and turned towards Sehun while pulling Luhan before the younger, "What about you leader Oh? Would you date the girl version of Luhan?"

            Luhan looked at Sehun with big sparkly eyes (sparklier than normal thanks to the eye shadow and mascara that Sooyoung applied) and whether it was sheer devastation on Luhan's face or something else Sehun would probably never really tell he realized he had three choices. Either answer the question truthfully and admit his feelings or answer the question with a lie and hurt Luhan's feelings (which should be ridiculous because they're ninjas for crying out loud) or ignore Kai's question and hustle everyone outside.

            Sehun chose the third and safest option. Good choice, Sehun good choice.

            "Is this really a time to be discussing this? Come on let's go start this mission right now, Kai and Luhan will infiltrate the front while Kyungsoo, Sooyoung and I will be entering from the back to get Yoona," said Sehun quickly as he opened the door and gestured for everyone to get out.

            "You all just can't appreciate a woman's beauty, hmph," Kai hitched up his dress slightly as he walked away, his nose held high while dragging a reluctant Luhan with him.

            "…" Sehun had no words as he watched Kai leave with Luhan but apparently Kyungsoo did.

            "I'm going to slap Kai through six walls after this."

            "…I don't think that'll solve anything, Kai will still be… Kai…" replied Sehun blankly.

            "It'll give me self satisfaction," responded Kyungsoo.

            "…" Sehun really had no words to say anymore as he and Sooyoung side eyed Kyungsoo.

            "Just make sure you do that after the mission," warned Sehun.

            "Duly noted," replied Kyungsoo before following after his two cross-dressed teammates.

 

            When they finally made their way to the bar, the five of them stood near the alleyway to discuss the rest of the plan.

            "Okay you and Luhan make your way inside, once you're successful give us a call on the communicators anytime you've spotted Kyubok, Chinhwa, Hyunki, or Dongyul," instructed Sehun.

            Luhan and Kai nodded, "Alright we'll get going then."

            The two straightened themselves up and made their way towards the entrance while Sehun, Kyungsoo, and Sooyoung kept watch from their hiding spot.

            The bar was alive as any other night and it was clear that it was already full of people.

            Kai walked up to the bouncer with Luhan following closely behind. The bouncer immediately eyed the two of them as he gave a cheesy smirk.

            "How can I help you ladies tonight?"

            Kai gave a small giggle as he spoke in a higher tones voice, "We're just looking for a little fun tonight, my friend and I heard this is the greatest bar in town and we wanted to give it a try."

            Luhan really just wanted to roll his eyes at the way Kai was playing up the bouncer but it seemed to be working in their favor so he kept his mouth shut and just smiled prettily when the bouncer glanced at him.

            "Well then I'm sure lovely ladies would make the night here even better, go right on in," said the bouncer as he smiled at Kai and Luhan.

            "Why thank you very much!" said Kai enthusiastically in his higher pitched voice as he grabbed Luhan's sleeve and pulled the older with him.

            "Oh wait, are you sure this little pretty one is old enough to go to the bar? Maybe she can hang out here with me, I'll keep a real good eye on her," said the bouncer as he grabbed Luhan's wrist.

            "Yes she is definitely over twenty one, she only looks young," insisted Kai as he pulled on Luhan's other arm.

            "I can assure you I am more than qualified to step into the bar," added Luhan evenly as he smiled at the bouncer despite wanting to punch the guy's face in, "Thank you for the concern though."

            "Anytime, just looking out for all the pretty ladies out there," replied the bouncer as he finally released Luhan allowing Kai to rush the both of them inside quickly.

           

            Back at the alleyway…

            "Keep calm Sehun, keep calm," said Kyungsoo as he saw Sehun pull out a kunai from the corner of his eye.

            "I am calm!" gritted out Sehun as the handle of the kunai in his grip bent nearly ninety degrees.

            'That was solid metal...' notes Kyungsoo mentally.

            "!" hissed Sehun as he realizes what he did to his kunai.

            "Nice going leader."

            "Oh shut up and go stand in position."

            "Yeah, yeah," replied Kyungsoo as he lead the way to the back entrance.

            Sehun let S

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter