Heavy Packages

Our Lives on the Line
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

~Chapter 13 – Heavy Packages~

            It was early, way too early for anyone to be awake really but Sehun was alert nonetheless since Luhan should be coming back soon from his scan of the area and then it should be his turn to go. The four of them managed to travel quite a distance passing by the other more rural areas until they finally reached the more mountain like rocky areas. They were currently staying at an inn at the town they were traveling through since they didn't want to risk any ambushes if they were to camp out, they were going to take any precaution that was necessary at this point.

            It wasn't much longer before Sehun heard the light shift of the screen door opening and closing, then there were scuffling noises as Luhan made his way underneath Sehun's covers. Sehun didn't really find this action weird considering this was Luhan after all and was about to get up so Luhan could have the bed to himself but Luhan reached out and grabbed the back of his shirt pulling the younger back down.

            Sehun gasped in surprise as his head hit the pillow again, "What are you-"

            "Cold," shivered Luhan as he pressed his body against Sehun's eagerly soaking in the younger's warmth, "It's freezing outside right now, stay here with me for a moment."

            A choked gasp escaped Sehun's lips as Luhan nuzzled his ice cold nose against Sehun's exposed collar bones and wrapped his arms around the younger's waist to lock the younger in, it was almost as if Sehun was suddenly engulfed by a winter chill as he fought back the shiver that wanted to rack through his body from Luhan's cuddling.

            "You feel like a block of ice what were you doing?" asks Sehun quietly (he doesn't want to wake Kai and Kyungsoo who are sleeping on the other side of the room) as he lets Luhan get as close as he pleases. Luhan never really was good with the cold and after their talk things surprisingly returned almost back to normal between them. Maybe it was the fact that they realized there was nothing they could really do at the moment with such a big threat over their heads during this mission but things were certainly much more comfortable than it had been a few days ago.

            Luhan turns his face to the side and takes full advantage of Sehun's warmth as he presses his cheek against the crook of the younger's neck, eliciting a hiss from Sehun while Luhan sighs in relief as the feeling of his cheeks return as they warm back up, "I was scanning the area like I was supposed to, but the mountains get cold really quickly at night."

            "So now you're using me as your personal heater?" mutters Sehun as Luhan shifts even closer, he feels his own temperature rising and he wants to blame it on the fact that Luhan's freezing temperature is what's causing his body to react so but he can't even seem to find an excuse for why his heart had to speed up as well.

            Luhan hums in content as he feels Sehun's arms wind around him, holding him closely against the younger's warmth. They stay like that for a few sped up heartbeats, Luhan can hear each pulse clearly while laying so close to Sehun. It's quiet between them though as Sehun shares his warmth and Luhan accepts it gratefully.

            "I'm surprised you're allowing this without much of an argument," says Luhan quietly as he tightens his hold on Sehun to emphasize what he's referring to.

            "I figured I should make it up to you somehow," mumbled Sehun.

            Luhan furrows his eyebrows in confusion at the statement, "Make what up to me?"

            A twinge of guilt flits through Sehun, "I haven't exactly been pleasant to deal with recently that's all."

            "It's fine Sehun, you don't need to worry about it, we've had our ups and downs before," and Luhan really means what he says because given all their time together this one little bump wasn't going to stop their relationship in it's tracks.

            Sehun hums and tucks Luhan's head underneath his chin so the older can curl into him better, if he's going to allow this small breach in his usual no touching policy on missions then by all means they might as well enjoy the closeness besides Luhan's freezing and Sehun doesn't want the older to catch a cold while on the mission, at least that's just the excuse he's using for now.

            Sehun feels Luhan's chilled lips skim his shoulder and he thinks Luhan is going to press his other icy cheek against him once more so he prepares himself for the frigid contact but what he feels instead of a cheek pressed to his chest or neck are hands sneaking up his shirt from the back.

            A hiss of complaint escapes Sehun's lips again as he feels Luhan's hands press themselves flat against the small of his back and if he could he would have pulled back from the embrace and glared at Luhan for the action but instead he had to settle for glaring at the top of Luhan's head.

            Sehun feels Luhan quiver against him as Luhan laughs against Sehun's chest to muffle the sound.

            "Go to sleep before I leave you here to freeze by yourself. I still have to go scan the area too," grumbles Sehun as he feels Luhan's hands travel further upwards, the other's laughter slowly dying down.

            "Stay here and sleep with me," whispers Luhan as his hands stop moving and simply rest at the middle of Sehun's back. Sehun's radiating warmth was starting to make the older slightly drowsy.

            "Can't, even if I wanted to it's still my turn to go," replies Sehun, Luhan was one thing but his ninja duties were also another.

            "It's too cold outside. I don't think our enemies would be anywhere outside at the moment unless they wanted to get frost bite," Luhan doesn't wait for Sehun to respond as he adds on a quiet, "Please?" while rubbing his now slightly warmer nose against the younger's collarbones again.

            Sehun feels the endearing gesture and heat spreads through his body again which is no doubt being absorbed by Luhan happily, slowly but surely Sehun feels his resolve crumbling as his mind makes up excuses to agree to Luhan's logic in the situation.

            "I…" Sehun's nose catches Luhan's scent of fresh air and sweetness and his mind suddenly find itself slightly clouded and he just sighs knowing he's already lost, "Okay."

            Luhan's lips stretch into a smile and Sehun can feel it against his chest beside his heart that's still stuttering at an irregular beat.

            "Sleep Luhan."

            Luhan hums in content once more before Sehun's warmth completely lulls him to sleep.

           

            Morning comes swiftly but it isn't Sehun and Luhan who wakes up first, they're too busy with their peaceful sleep to sense the other two in the room who are wide awake.

            "Should we… wake them?" whispers Kai as he stares at the bundled couple in bed from across the room.

            "There has to be a way to blackmail them," replies Kyungsoo as he thinks up some way to capture this moment, "Why don't we have a camera?"

            "Because why would we need one on this type of mission?" questions Kai as he sees Kyungsoo frown.

            "For things like this."

            Kai opened his mouth to respond but a muffled groan from across the room had Kai and Kyungsoo stiffening. Luhan was shifting in his sleep and the covers moved with him as the oldest resettled himself again, sighing contently when Sehun unconsciously tightened his hold on the older.

            "Did Luhan just wrap his leg around Sehun's waist, oh my gawd slap me now," squealed Kai as he hid his face against Kyungsoo's shoulder.

            Kyungsoo was left too taken aback to even respond to Kai's request for bodily harm, he shakes his head with a resigned smile, "These two are really just unbelievable."

            Kai lifts his face up to look at Kyungsoo and he smiles with the older, "Aren't they?"

            Kyungsoo hums in agreement, "They reciprocate each others' feelings yet one can't even fathom the reality of it while the other is simply putting it off out of pure foolishness. They're thinking far too much into this whole matter, they should listen more to their hearts than their brains in matters like these. Love isn't like a mission."

            "Maybe I should try telling Sehun that, maybe it'll sink into his thick head," mutters Kai, "He's a great squad leader and an even greater ninja but some of the things he chooses to do makes me want to shake my head at him."

            "All the while Luhan is trying his best with it too, no one can seriously handle Sehun like Luhan can. There's no doubt that they're meant to be," adds on Kyungsoo sincerely.

            "You mean how there's also no one that can handle me like you can?" asks Kai as he happily wraps his arms around Kyu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter