Death's Destination

Our Lives on the Line
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

~Chapter 23 – Death's Destination~ 

            The Eojun village was located in a rather dingy area from what Sehun and Luhan could tell as they walked through the shady streets with highly questionable characters roaming about.

            "Sehun I feel like we could get attacked at any moment," whispered Luhan lowly as he pulled his cloak a little higher making sure his face was mostly covered.

            "I know what you mean," commented Sehun as he took a wary glance around, "We need to find a place in a better district before we make a move. It should be a little ways farther, this is more of the run down districts."

            "Alright," replied Luhan, "If I memorized the map clearly there's more hotels in a decent area close to the center of the village which is also close by Minjae."

            "Then let's head there quickly," said Sehun as he picked up his pace. Being in enemy territory was more than bothersome but when that territory was filled with rogues and crooks it became highly problematic.

            As they made their way through the village they tried their best to stay out of sight or drag any unnecessary attention to themselves. They managed to find a presentable enough inn a few meters away from their marked target and checked themselves into a room.

            "This is probably the best place for the time being, we're going to need to set up our plans now," noted Luhan as he rolled out the map on the bed.

            Sehun took a seat beside the older and hummed in agreement, "This needs to go as smoothly as possible, I have no doubts that Minjae would have lots of guards stationed around him. I think going by the cover of night would be the best option. Cleanest option would be to kill him with poison but if it gets down to it then we'll have to get our hands dirty with bloodshed."

            Killing and taking life was something neither of them wanted to do but with their lives as ninja it was kill or be killed. This world wasn't made for the faint hearted and even when the lives taken by their hands begin to haunt their nightmares they don't have much choice but to accept it as it is after all there's no one that would spare them in this ruthless place if the situation were reversed.

            Luhan paused for a moment but continued on, "…From the intel on the map it clearly shows that there's an underground water passage way that leads straight into Minjae's hideout, we can take that route at sun down. By the time we reach inside the hideout it should be night which means that the guards or who ever is patrolling around Minjae at that time should be changing their shifts out giving us an opportunity for an opening to get to Minjae without much attention being shifted to us."

            "By this time Minjae should be heading to his own room to prepare for bed giving us more than enough time to plant the poison for him assuming that things go according to plan of course," replied Sehun as he read over the intel that was gathered over time.

            "Yeah, that'll be the plan but we have to make sure that no one sees us in the meantime," adds on Luhan.

            "Okay so we have our plan then," nods Sehun.

            Luhan rolls up the map and shoves it back into his bag, "We'll start as soon as possible, gear up for now and we'll wait for sun down. Do you think that we should leave our bags here in the room?"

            "All that’s in there is simply our weapons that we're going to take with us and the maps and mission scroll," Sehun takes the maps and scroll back out, "I don't trust anything in this village whatsoever I think the best option would be for us to memorize this and dispose of it completely. Kris probably more than these copies anyways."

            "So how do you want to do that? Ripping it up would still be as bad as leaving it whole," Luhan opens the mission scroll again to take one last look before they end up destroying it.

            "Burn it," answers Sehun simply as he rummages through his bag for some matches he keeps there in case they need to start a fire while they camp out.

            Luhan looks up bewildered, "Here!? The whole room will look like we set it on fire! People will come to see what all the smoke is once they see it!"

            "If we burn it piece by piece in the ash tray over there it'd be fine, we're just going to have to rip it and keep the fire going in little bits," Sehun took out the small pack of matches he had in his bag and grabbed the ash tray on the table of their room.

            "…I suppose that would work," Luhan puts the mission scroll down and takes another last look at the map to confirm he's memorized everything, "Let's start with burning the maps first and then the scroll."

            Sehun nods in agreement, grabbing the two maps he begins ripping them into neat squares to burn while Luhan started ripping the mission instructions from the scroll. When they finish Sehun opens the window to let the smoke out for when they start burning the papers and turns to Luhan.

            "Get ready with whatever you brought with you while I start this and then we can switch later," instructs Sehun.

            Luhan nods and heads towards the bathroom with his bag, "Okay I'll take over after."

            Wh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter