Finding You

Our Lives on the Line
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

~Chapter 5 – Finding You~

            The four ninjas were currently in the Seotul district, the moment that Yoona had been kidnapped the four of them immediately rerouted themselves to where Sehun remembered Kyubok had mentioned the hideout was located. Although it was in the shady area they didn't really have much of a choice as they quickly found a decent enough inn to stay in for the time being.

            "Alright I don't know how long exactly the drug will take to wear off of Sooyoung but she should be fine within an hour or two. Which should be more than enough time for us to formulate a plan on our next move," informed Luhan as he tucked the ten year old into the bed before joining his other three teammates on the floor.

            "Okay, we know that there would be a highly unlikely chance that they would hurt Yoona, we know that their base is also in this district, we also know that they'll be on the lookout for Sooyoung waiting for the chance to kidnap her, and they also know that we're on the way to save Yoona," pointed out Sehun.

            "Our best bet for a successful plan would be what then? Our main goal is to rescue Yoona and get the hell out of here with everything intact right?" asked Kai.

            Sehun nodded, "Yes, main objective above all else is to get Yoona back at all costs while avoiding any type of confrontation if possible because we can't risk anything since we also have Sooyoung with us."

            "You can't disregard the fact that they wouldn’t hesitate to use Yoona against us, you told us that they were planning on threatening the King of Healer's Fields Kingdom by hurting the princesses right? I don't think they'd hesitate to use the same tactic for us if really driven to that point," added Kyungsoo.

            "I agree with Kyungsoo these bastards aren't below hurting children and we don't know their exact location either, we'll have to do an intel search first and foremost. We'll ask around the town as subtly as possible and listen around to any information we can get for Kyubok's hideout," stated Luhan.

            Sehun nodded, "Yeah so far that's our best course of action, finding the hideout equals finding Yoona. We'll have to take it in shifts though since Sooyoung will need to be guarded at all times. After we find the hideout we'll have to scope the entire area, find out how tight their security is and the possible location of where Yoona is hidden."

            Luhan, Kai, and Kyungsoo nodded.

            "Luhan and I will take first shift then, we'll be back within an hour if we possibly find anything," said Sehun as he stood up.

            "Of course, you'd pick Luhan to accompany you," smirked Kai as he fluttered his fingers in Luhan's direction.

            Kyungsoo snorted at the dark look that casted over Sehun's face.

            "What? You want to go intel searching with me for a full hour instead?" asked Sehun as he stared at Kai.

            "Hell no," Kai reached over and clung to Kyungsoo as tightly as possible while the smaller tried squirming away, "That's like asking for a death sentence, do I look crazy to you? I'll stick with my Kyungsoo until the very end."

            Kyungsoo's eye twitched before he pushed Kai away, "Must you say things without thinking!?"

            "Huh?" Kai was left in a daze as Kyungsoo rushed off to the bathroom, "What'd I say!?"

            Luhan laughed as he said loud enough for Kyungsoo to hear through the bathroom door, "Oooh looks like someone is embarrassed! You're blushing again aren't you!? Show us your cute blushing face Kyungsoo!"

            The door to the bathroom opened slightly, about a few inches, which were apparently all Kyungsoo really needed because a kunai suddenly flew out with deadly accuracy at Luhan before the door was shut again.

            Luhan continued grinning as he sat still on the floor. He wasn't going to move or dodge.

            The kunai stopped directly one inch away from Luhan's face, Sehun sighed as he took the kunai he caught away, "Must you tease Kyungsoo?"

            "I knew you'd protect me so it's okay," smiled Luhan as he looked up to Sehun's disapproving look while lifting his hand towards the younger.

            Sehun felt a heat begin crawling it's way to his cheeks after hearing those words as he grabbed Luhan's hand and pulled him up before quickly throwing the kunai in his other hand towards Kai.

            "That's dangerous!" protested Kai as he caught the weapon by the point.

            "You're a ninja!" shot back Sehun before he and Luhan left and shut the door to their room.

            "Kyungsoooooo," whined Kai as he got up and knocked on the bathroom door after Sehun's and Luhan's exit.

            "What?!" asked Kyungsoo's muffled voice through the door.

            "I have your kunai. Oh, and I have to use the bathroom."

            "Keep it then and just go outside to relieve yourself!"

            Kai pouted, "But I don't want to go outside to relieve myself…"

            Just then, Sooyoung began stirring in her sleep as she shifted around on the bed, her mind slowly becoming more aware of her surroundings as the knock out drugs wore off of her body, "Hnn, what… happened…"

            "Uh-oh, Kyungs-!"

            The door to the bathroom was immediately opened as Kyungsoo forgot about his embarrassment and slipped out past Kai who followed after, the both of them approaching Sooyoung slowly, "We got a long story ahead of us."

            Sooyoung looked up at Kai and Kyungsoo, "What?"

            Kai and Kyungsoo shared a worried look, "We'll explain everything…"

 

            Sehun and Luhan at the time were already in the deeper part of town where it was the busiest and most crowded, an excellent place to find and over hear information of all sorts while just blending in as background people.

            "Where do you want to start?" asked Luhan as he glanced down the street lined with varying bars and restaurants.

            "Where most people wouldn't mind spilling secrets and are purposefully incoherent of their surroundings due to their muddled and alcohol induced states."

            "You mean a bar?"

            "Yes."

            "Why couldn't you have just said that instead?"

            "……Forget it, just go," replied Sehun as he pointed in the vague directions with three different bars.

            "Which one?" questioned Luhan as he raised an eyebrow.

            Sehun looked the three places over and shrugged, "I don't care, the first one then I guess."

            "Alright," replied Luhan as the two of them made their way over and welcomed themselves in, the air was a bit difficult to breathe as the smell of smoke and alcohol filled it.

            "Get a table close by the back where we won't be noticed but will still be able to listen around," instructed Sehun as he pulled Luhan to his desired destination.

            The two were only able to barely sit down before they got approached by a bulky man with tattoos running down his arms, so much for staying unnoticed.

            "Hey, I haven’t see you two in this part of town before. I know because I would have remembered seeing the little fairy princess sitting beside you."

            Luhan's eyes narrowed and his hand twitched for his weapons pouch hidden under his civilian clothes but was easily calmed when he felt Sehun's hand on his leg under the table.

            "We're just traveling through. We came in for a drink," replied Sehun evenly.

            "Drink?" the man scoffed, "You sure you and fairy twinkle over there can even handle it?"

             The jabs at Luhan's manliness was getting on his nerves but there was one thing that Luhan couldn't deny, he was a light weight when it came to drinking. Just one sip and he'd be flushed and hazy minded, this was not going to end well if he was forced to drink any alcohol. Sehun on the other hand could drink as much as he wanted and it would still take him a while to even just get a buzz going.

            Sehun answered the man first as he squeezed Luhan's leg in reassurance, "Of course, we're traveling around trying to find the strongest alcohol in every town, we own a shop back in our village and our customers have been complaining to us about stocking stronger stuff."

            The man snorted, "You don't got the looks to own a bar like I do. You both look frail and complete light weights."

            "Looks can be deceiving," retorted Luhan as he quickly got into the role Sehun was describing for them.

            The man began laughing loudly and boisterously but it didn't catch anyone's attention anyways since the bar was already exceptionally loud, "Seems so then, let me get you two the strongest drink I have in my place and see how it settles with you."

            "Sounds good," Sehun squeezed Luhan's leg once more while the older internally cried at the incoming order of strong alcohol coming their way.

            The man nodded and walked away to the back door shouting out an order.

            Luhan immediately turned towards Sehun hissing under his breath, "Sehun! I can't drink! We both know what happens when I drink even a little bit of light liquor!"

            "Shhh, I know, I'll handle it. Just play along!" whispered Sehun as discreetly as possible while Luhan gripped his hand that was still on the latter's leg underneath the table.

             The owner of the bar came back within a few seconds of them finishing their conversation with two shot glasses, "Here you go, the strongest soju that I have, bottoms up."

            Sehun smirked, "Great, the stronger the better for us."

            Reaching forward both Sehun and Luhan each took a shot glass. Sehun downed his entire shot with one gulp while Luhan looked at him with surprise.

            Sehun set the cup down and grabbed Luhan's shot glass away from him and downed the older's drink too; placing the second empty shot glass down beside the first.

            "It tasted good, much sweeter than the average soju and clearly on the heavier side too but it's not strong enough for our tastes," said Sehun smoothly.

            "Hey! I didn't get to try," protested Luhan despite being so relieved that Sehun downed both drinks.

            Sehun looked at Luhan, "You wouldn't have liked it, that's why I drank yours, you like the bitter kind that’s twice as strong."

            Turning back to the slightly awed bar owner, Sehun gave a charming smile, "He may not look like it but my friend here is an even heavier drinker than me, and he always complains if he drinks anything too light. But anyways I did like the soju and would like to buy a bottle of it to bring back to our shop, are you willing to sell it?"

            "Huh, guess looks are deceiving. The last time anyone tried downing two of my best soju, they were knocked out and hung over for practically a week. Sure, just pay up front and I'll get you a bottle of the stuff," replied the owner as he gestured behind him to the counter.

            Sehun nodded as he and Luhan stood up to head to the front, but the bar owner stopped them again, "Oh, to help you out a bit since you're buying a whole bottle of my soju. If you're looking for really strong liquor then try Kyubok's bar a little ways from here, he sells some really heavy stuff."

            Sehun and Luhan froze at hearing the name but thankfully the bar owner didn't seem to notice. Sehun was the first to recover from the shock, "Oh really? Would you mind giving us the directions to the place? We want to give it a try."

            "Yeah sure whatever," answered the owner before going to the back and retrieving the bottle of soju and bringing it to the front for Sehun and Luhan, "I'll just write you the directions on this paper and you can go find it yourself."

            "Thanks," replied Sehun as he shared a knowing look with Luhan.

            Well this intel search proved to be quite successful.

 

            Coming back from their search, soju bottle wrapped in a paper bag and the directions to Kyubok's bar in their bag, Sehun and Luhan were just about to open the door to the room they rented when they suddenly heard loud sniffling and crying

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter