Containing Trouble

Our Lives on the Line
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

~Chapter 14 – Containing Trouble~

            Seeing no way out of the predicament they were currently situated in, Sehun gave his orders to his squad, "Fight them two against three. Knock them all out or at the very least create an opening so all of us can get the hell out of here, the main objective is to get the gems as far away as possible from these bastards."

            Luhan, Kyungsoo, and Kai nodded, "Understood."

            Kyungsoo charged forward first towards the rogue ninja they had met earlier on and withdrew his sword, "I still need to pay you back for that hit to the gut you gave me."

            "Bring it runt," sneered the rogue with an overconfident grin.

            Kai followed right after with his own chain and sickle emerging from his pack.

            Their enemy was quick to react as they blocked the oncoming blows and used the force to push Kyungsoo and Kai back but that didn't deter the two ninjas in the slightest as they caught their balance easily before going back in for another attack. Metal clanged against metal loudly as the blows were exchanged in continuous movement.

            Sehun and Luhan didn't have much freedom on their hands at the moment to pay attention to their teammates' fight since they had their own problems facing them.

            "Got you covered in this," Luhan tells Sehun.

            Sehun nodded, "Right, let's finish this as cleanly as possible."

            "Of course," Luhan unsheathed his sword and blocked the attack of one of the goons that charged at him. He swipes his sword diagonally across the goon but misses by a hair as the enemy jumps back to avoid the hit.

            Sehun pulls out his own dagger and makes eye contact with their obvious leader, "This won't end well for you or your team, I'm warning you now just leave."

            Shin tilts his head as an irritating smirk stretches across his face, "No. Besides I got a few tricks up my sleeves I didn't become a rogue of the Cui village for nothing after all."

            Sehun grits his teeth, 'Ugh rogue are the most annoying to deal with, they'll practically do anything for the downfall of their previous village.'

            "Now enough of this annoying talk let's get down to real business," Shin withdrew a few bombs from his side pocket, "Hand over the gems."

            "I'd rather die trying," said Sehun as he whipped out a kunai and threw it towards Shin.

            "That'll be arranged then," replied Shin darkly as he neatly dodged the kunai and flicked his wrist to throw the small bombs in his hand forwards.

            Sehun and Luhan cursed as they dodged out of the way barely avoiding the small explosion, however this caused Sehun and Luhan to separate further from each other.

            Seeing the opening the two side goons closed in on Luhan, Sehun was going to rush back to the other's side but he was quickly stopped when he sensed movement behind him.

            He turned around only to block Shin's attack which would have sliced him in half.

            "Keep your focus," taunted Shin as he pulled back and swung his sword downward again.

            Sehun jumped to the left to avoid the swipe and jabbed his dagger towards Shin's shoulder blade. The cut was a clean one as it made a large gash diagonally across, red blood bloomed and spread all over Shin's shirt as he cried out in pain.

            Sehun took a step back, weapon still positioned at the ready, "I wouldn't get cocky if I were you."

            "!" cursed Shin angrily clutching his shoulder, "You'll pay for this!"

            Sehun stayed calm as Shin ran towards him angrily, the latter swung his sword in random directions without any technique used behind it. Shin was clearly letting his anger get to him and Sehun could definitely use this to his advantage.

            Sehun side stepped and parried each of the jabs made at him, he wanted to end this quickly so just as he was about to go in for the finishing attack where he would deflect Shin's sword out of his hand so he could create an opening for himself to knock out the latter, another cry of pain was loudly heard.

            The cry of pain didn't belong to the enemy and Sehun paled at the sound.

            "Kai!" That was Kyungsoo's voice laced with utter distress.

            Luhan also yelled out in worry a moment later "Kai! Kyungsoo!" but the clang of metal on metal sounded out again which meant Luhan was in no way able to help out his teammates with the enemies keeping him too occupied.

            'No, no, no,' the words ran through Sehun's mind and before he could stop himself he turned towards the direction of the cry, ready to jump in to help his teammates at any moment but that was a fatal mistake as it left and opening for Shin.

            Sehun was only able to make brief eye contact with Kai who was clutching his side with one hand, red was blooming around the area as well. The latter's eyes widened for a millisecond before Kai yelled out, "Sehun! Pay attention to your own fight! Behind you!"

            Snapping out of it and working on pure instinct Sehun whipped back around just in the nick of time to avoid being fatally wounded by Shin's sword but he wasn't quick enough to avoid the swipe completely as it hit the strap of his pack and cut the entire thing in half causing the entire bag to fall off him spilling all of it's contents.

            "Sehun! Your pack! Get the gems!" shouted out Luhan as he dodged another blow from one of the goons and parried another attack from the other one.

            The box containing the precious stones had not only fallen out of Sehun's pack but slid partially away from where both Shin and him were currently standing.

            It was now only a few feet from the both of them.

            Sehun immediately lunged for the box, above all else he had to get that box no matter what. But Shin had the exact same thoughts as Sehun and resorted to extreme measures, just as he launched himself at the box of gems he swiftly threw another miniature bomb at Sehun.

            Out of instinct and quick reflexes, Sehun dodged the bomb missing the dangerous explosion but it cost him his chance to get the gem box on time as Shin grabbed the box.

            "Damn it!" shouted Sehun angrily as he glared his darkest at Shin.

            Luhan, Kai, and Kyungsoo cursed out loud as they saw Shin get his hands on the gems.

            Shin held up the box victoriously, "Who are the ones getting cocky now? The Eojunn village will surely appreciate these gems as they cause the downfall and destruction of first the Cui and Andann village and eventually the rest of the ninja world as all out hell breaks loose in an amazing ninja war."

            The rogue that had been fighting with Kyungsoo and Kai suddenly appears beside Shin, "Good job, should I stay back and finish these useless punks?"

            "You think we'll be that easy!? We'll get those gems back right now!" shouted Kyungsoo as he made quick work of the momentary standstill

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter