Mission Complete: It's Just Our Job

Our Lives on the Line
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

~Chapter 24 – Mission Complete: It's Just Our Job~

            Luhan does his best to stay out of sight from any others that are roaming around the central tower as he makes his way towards the underground water way, if anyone happens to spot him though it's their of bad luck since Luhan makes quick work of them by knocking them out. He's already had to knock out three rogues on his way to the underground water way and he severely hopes no one will come looking for them because it'd become even harder to move around the central tower with everyone inside on alert.

            It's mostly a hunch but he gets the feeling that he'll surely meet up with Sehun if he goes along this way after all this was their original plan and knowing the way Sehun is he's probably looking for him right now so best option is to cut Sehun off midway. Luhan just hopes that he'd make it in time and didn't narrowly miss the other.

            As Luhan reaches the door leading to the underground water way, the door to the room opens slowly causing Luhan's ninja instincts to kick in immediately. He climbs the walls quickly and hangs from the beams on the ceilings to wait for whoever came out to pass but the sight of familiar blonde hair causes him to let out a squeak of surprise.      

            Without warning Luhan dropped to the ground skillfully, removing the cloth from his face so the younger could see his face. "Sehun! It's me!"

            Sehun had a kunai in his hand that he dropped in shock as he took in the sight of Luhan before him. "Luhan?! You're-You're okay!?"

            "Yes-" Luhan didn't get to say much more since Sehun pulled him close into his arms in a tight hug.

            "I'm so sorry," apologized Sehun, "I should have gotten here faster."

            Luhan shakes his head and takes a moment to enjoy Sehun's embrace, he's relieved that they've finally found each other. "It's okay, I'm a capable ninja too. Don't forget that and besides I managed to get some useful information. Minjae should be on the top floor of this central tower."

            "Okay, good job," Sehun was more than relieved that Luhan could handle himself, he should have had more confidence in the other's skill after all they were practically on par with each other. Sehun unconsciously tightened his hold around Luhan, glad that the older was in his sight again.

            "Sehun… Too tight- I think my rib is broken," grunted Luhan as he squirmed in the other's hold.

            "What?" Sehun instantly released Luhan, afraid he was hurting the other anymore than he was already injured.

            "It's not that big of a deal, the morons that tried to capture me thought that it would be fun to rough me up a bit," replied Luhan bitterly, "I repaid them ten fold for it though. Besides I'm a quick healer let's get this mission done without any more injuries."

            Sehun still had a look of worry on his face but agreed with Luhan, "Alright let's get going, are you sure you're going to be okay?"

            "Yes," insisted Luhan as he lead the way, "Now come on, we don't want anyone else to spot us."

            The way up to the top floor was oddly a breeze for both Sehun and Luhan. They didn't even run into as many people as they thought they would have during their way up which concerned them greatly.

            "It's oddly a lot more quiet with each floor we advance to…" observed Sehun.

            "That's what I had been thinking too, it's really strange… I would have thought that with each floor we advanced to there would be more guards or rogues or something…" added Luhan.

            "Something's not right," concluded Sehun as they neared Minjae's floor.

            "I know but we don't have time to get to the bottom of it. Minjae should be in this room are you ready for this?" questioned Luhan.

            Sehun stared at the door skeptically, he couldn't fight off the feeling that something was terribly off but at the same time there wasn't any other way to get to Minjae than right here. "Yeah let's end this."

            Luhan pushed the door open to reveal a large office and Minjae standing right at the center with a calm smile on his face.

            "So glad that you could join me all the way up here," commented Minjae as if he was talking to some well known friends of his.

            "You were expecting us," noted Sehun.

            "Why of course, you're here to kill me just like the many others who also made an attempt at assassinating me," Minjae sighed, "Why is it so hard to be understood nowadays simply because one is trying to start a new world with the right people?"

            Luhan narrowed his eyes at the question, "You’re trying to bring about the destruction of all the villages for your own beneficial gain there's nothing needed to be understood about that other than the fact that you're willing to kill tons of innocent lives, you're simply crazy!"

            "Crazy can be another label for those that are misunderstood, no one's felt the pain and are as ruthless as rogues because they know what it's like to be abandoned by their own villages and have to make a living on the outskirts of the law while specialists corps from every village tries to hunt them down one by one. It's a sad existence that they are forced to live but here at Eojun our goals become similar we will be the ones to take over this world!" Minjae began cackling as he imagined the world he was aiming to build, he only stopped to take a break when he took a breath and pointed towards Sehun and Luhan, "But first to get rid of some pests who threaten these plans. Kill them where they stand."

            Sehun and Luhan jumped back just in time for two heavy maces to hit the ground where they once stood. The entrance way to the office was suddenly slammed shut as more rogue ninjas began appearing from the hidden hideaways of the room.

            "Put on a good show," grinned Minjae as he took a step back to walk up the stairway connected to the back of the room in order to avoid being caught in the crossfire.

            "Well guess we found out where all the guards have been hiding. He gathered them in here to fight us as he got away," gritted Luhan as the two larger men with the maces closed in on them again.

            "Apparently so. Here, catch," Sehun threw his back pouch with weapons to Luhan who caught it easily.

            "Don't you need this? There's a lot of them, we're more than just outnumbered," noted Luhan as he dodged and kicked another enemy away from him.

            Sehun ducked just in time to avoid getting his head chopped off and delivered a blow to the enemy's face, "You're the one without any weapons apart from the knife, I have a few on me no worries."

            "Alright," grunted Luhan, "Our main worry here though is Minjae, he's escaping! Go Sehun, I'll cover you!"

            "Got it," Sehun does a flip and jumps over one of the rogues in his way to head straight for Minjae while Luhan deals with the rogues in the room.

            A few of the rogues attempted to stop Sehun but Luhan managed to get in their way and stop their attacks. Luhan growled as he took a slash on his arm by another one of the attackers before knocking them out cold. Luhan cursed, his injury from before was definitely hindering his performance but he doesn’t have time for a break he has to take out all these enemies now. His injuries list was increasing and he was becoming tired with each rogue he took down, there's no wa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter