Mission Complete: Package Delivered

Our Lives on the Line
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

~Chapter 20 – Mission Complete: Package Delivered~

            As ninja, information is as valuable as wealth and strength. With the right information, villages or enemies can be brought down to the ground without effort. It is a ninja's duty to serve their village in all ways beneficial so when the Cui village leader slips hints at a possible threat towards the peace that's barely hanging in balance Sehun and Luhan feel that it's in their duty to pry a little more into the information.

            Luhan stepped forward, "Sir, this may not be our place to ask but Cui and Andan both have very good relations with our village so we feel that we must ask are some villages seeking war? Along the way to deliver these gems to you we were attacked by ninjas who let slip that their main goal was to bring chaos to the ninja world."

            The village leader nodded as he took in the information, "As ninja we thrive from the shadows but when some stay in darkness too long it causes problems. I can't tell you much aside from this the leaders, including the one from your own village, who are in alliance with one another have contacted each other and we have agreed to one thing Eojun is playing a very big role in all of this."

            There's silence in the room as Sehun and Luhan try to connect any dots that they have in their minds that could have connected Eojun to any of the things they've encountered and to their unease there were already far too many possibilities.

            "Don't look too solemn about the news boys, we're already working on the fastest and safest solution possible just be glad that your mission here has been completed successfully," added the village leader.

            Sehun and Luhan nod in agreement, "Thank you sir. We shall be on our way now."

            "Have a safe trip back."

            There's going to be a lot of explaining they're all going to have to do to Kris when they get back home. The mission report is going to be longest one they're going to have to write yet.

            After they exit the outskirts of the Cui village Luhan speaks up, "Sehun…"

            "Yeah? What is it?"

            "We should just use tonight to fill out the report, if I help you with it we should be able to get it done rather quickly and be able to hand it to Kris when we get to the village to report to him. As for the whole thing with Eojun… I think we should leave that to the heads of the villages, there's no reason for us to get involved and make things more troublesome for them."

            Sehun agrees, "Yeah, that sounds like a good idea. I'm going to include it in the report anyways though that way Kris will have a better idea of what the specialized corps can do to the rogue and Shin."

            "Alright."

            A moment of silence sits between them as they continue on their way but it doesn't last for long.

            "Have you thought about what we're going to do when we return to the village?" asks Luhan quietly, he's not expecting any answer but Sehun does give him one.

            Sehun isn't even surprised by the question because he's been expecting it, "I have, a lot."

            Luhan blinks, he thought Sehun was going to brush is all off again, "And?"

            "And we should really get back to the village as soon as we can," replies Sehun simply.

            The frown makes it's way to Luhan's face faster than Sehun could blink and the younger smiles gently. As Luhan's hand bumps into his again as they walked Sehun takes it upon himself to hold the other's hand, "Our mission is already complete aren't you eager to get home too?"

            Luhan isn't sure what has gotten into Sehun but maybe it's for the better besides everything should be smooth sailing from here. He feels a flutter run through him as Sehun gives his hand a squeeze, it's dark out so they don't have to be too worried of any enemies seeing them but even then it wasn't like they had the gems anymore they were pretty much in the clear now.

            "Yeah, home sounds nice."

 

            It actually ends up taking them longer to get back to their village than it did for them to leave the village for Cui since they had to take more frequent stops due to Kai's injuries but they preferred to take it slow than risk Kai reinjuring himself somehow.

            Their first stop after reaching the village however was not to report to Kris, it was actually to the hospital where they needed to admit Kai so the other could get the correct medical treatment for his  acquired wounds. Although that didn't exactly fly over so well with Kai since he kept insisting he was fine even though it was clear he needed to be treated. They all w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter