Ambush

Our Lives on the Line
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

~Chapter 18 – Ambush~

            Sehun stands by the edge of the boat with binoculars in his hand which Kai found in the under cabin earlier, he zeros his sight on to the boat in order to at least be able to catch sight of who they're up against. He has a gut feeling about who it is but he doubtfully hopes he's wrong.

            Unfortunately his gut feeling proves him to be right as he catches sight of Shin walking on to the main deck of the boat through his binoculars. Sehun curses loudly before announcing to the rest of his team, "It's the same guys as before, they must have gotten word about us surviving their attack and now they're after us again."

            Kyungsoo clicks his tongue in annoyance but his eyes also glance towards Kai briefly, "What are your orders then? Kai's still injured, are we going to fight while at sea?"

            "We're going to need to beat them to land and hopefully escape them long enough to make it to the village. I don't think we'll be able to take them if we had to fight, especially considering we don't know how many fighters they have on that ship. If they out number us, we're screwed," answered Sehun, he was thinking through all the supplies that they had with them; there had to be something useful that they could use to slow the approaching enemies' boat and speed their own up.

            "We just need to get them off our trails right? Why don't we disorientate them the same way they did to us?" suggested Luhan as he rummaged through his bag.

            "You have something in mind?" asked Kai curiously.

            Luhan nodded and pulled out a medium sized box filled with black round ball like objects, "Water bombs. These things are designed to set off as soon as they're submerged in water, I bought this when we went to restock our supplies that one time and brought them along just in case they could come in handy."

            "That's a really good idea, if we can use enough of these water bombs we can create a make shift wave that pushes our boat forward and pushes their boat back since the force of the explosion will push the water outwards. We just have to make sure we get these bombs all in between our ship and their ship when they all set off," adds on Sehun.

            "We can make a pouch out of the net, the holes on it are small enough so the bombs won't fall out and the entire pouch can be submerged easily," said Kyungsoo as he takes out the net that was stored on the deck and begins cutting out a big enough section of the net so that the bombs would fit easily.

            Luhan helps pile the bombs from the box into the make shift pouch, "We'll only have one shot at this so whoever can throw the farthest will need to throw the bag of bombs."

            Kai takes the pouch and finishes it off by tying a tight knot around it so none of the bombs could accidentally fall, "Then this is all up to you Sehun, I'd throw it but if I moved like that I'm pretty sure I'm going to end up reopening my wounds again."

            "Yeah," Sehun takes the pouch but pauses as he glances at his team, "All of us need to put our bags on and basically get ready as if we're about to get off this boat because with this huge amount of explosives I'm pretty sure we're going to have a bumpy ride."

            The other three nodded in agreement as they grabbed their things and braced themselves for the mess that was soon to come.

            "Ready?" asked Sehun one last time for assurance, "If this is pulled off well then we should reach town in a matter of minutes given our current location."

            "Yes," responded Luhan, Kai, and Kyungsoo.

            "Alright then," Sehun turned and reached his arm back as far as it would go before swinging it forwards with all his might, sending the pouch of water bombs flying straight into the open ocean, "Take cover and grab hold of something!"

            None of them wasted time in hesitating to follow those orders. It took only a matter of seconds before all of them heard and felt the explosions of the bombs going off. The boat began to shake with the aftermath of the simultaneous explosions occurring underwater, the force causing the waters to rise outwards from it's origin point with great speed pushing the ships caught up in it's wave.

            "The plan worked!" yelled out Kai enthusiastically as the boat continued onwards at an unsteady but quick pace.

            "Yeah, now we need to hope the boat won't tip over while we're caught in this wave!" countered Kyungsoo.

            "It should be fine! At the very least this should take us about three-fourths of the way and from there we should have smooth sailing to the main land, just hang in there," replied Sehun.

            "If that's the case then Shin's boat should be pretty far from us at this point," reminded Luhan, "We'll have more than enough time for us to at least find some place to stay when we reach land and then head out again to the Cui village."

            The rough waters began to calm slowly as the boat continued to drift eventually slowing enough so that everyone was confident enough to stand up without falling over due to the unsteadiness of the boat.

            "Can we see land now?" questioned Kyungsoo as he stood up to get a better look at their surroundings.

            "Looks like we really did make it," Luhan pointed to the large land mass in the distance, "That would be our destination."

            Setting their courses for land was simple enough so as was getting there but they only had so much time before Shin catches back up on their trail. When they were finally able to reach land and get off the boat, they found that there was still a forest to travel through before they would be able to reach the town.

            "We should reach the town soon enough, the forest doesn't seem to be that thick," noted Kai.

            Sehun hummed in agreement, "Yeah, the quicker we're out of sight the better though. Come on we're wasting daylight being here."

            With Sehun leading the way, the four of them began their tread into the forest. They barely made a few steps in before Luhan took notice of the approaching object coming from the ocean, "Hey, you guys there's something coming closer."

            The others turned around to see Luhan was right but the incoming object but it looked quite smaller than Shin's ship. "It's a small motor boat, but I can't tell who's in it."

            "Forget it, let's get out of here before that boat docks we don't need more trouble with our luck it's probably Shin and that rogue he hired," notes Kyungsoo.

            Sehun nods in agreement, but he didn't get the chance to say anything as the people on

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter