Moving Forward

Our Lives on the Line
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

~Chapter 25 – Moving Forward~

            Luhan hands Kris the mission report in the morning after having been discharged from the hospital yesterday. He spent a total of a week in recovery and in that time Sehun still hasn't woken up yet.

            Kris took the scroll and placed it into his desk, "Thank you, you both did a remarkable job on this mission. With Minjae out of the picture Eojun is sure to collapse on it's own prolonging the peace among the villages. I'm glad there are no casualties during your mission, how are you and Sehun?"

            "I'm healing pretty well from what the doctors in the hospital have told me but Sehun still hasn't woken up yet," answered Luhan quietly.

            Kris nodded, "Don't worry too much over it Luhan. Sehun is strong and there's no doubt in my mind that he'll pull through just fine. Rest well for the time being, your squad isn't going to be going on missions any time soon."

            "Thank you," with that Luhan took his leave of the office. He didn't even need to think about where he was going anymore because his feet took him there automatically and before he knew it he was standing right outside Sehun's hospital room again.

            He raised his hand up to knock on the door lightly to see if there was anybody inside checking up on Sehun but the voice of the response he got in return nearly had him ripping the door off it's hinges.

            "Come in."

            Luhan for a very close second thought that he was imagining things and that his mind was playing a cruel trick on him but then Sehun's voice spoke up again from behind the room.

            "Hello? Is someone outside the room?"

            That was all Luhan needed to hear to slide the door open to see Sehun sitting up in his bed and staring back at him.

            "Luhan…" Sehun couldn't keep the smile that graced his face as he saw the older gaping at him from the doorway.

            "You-You're awake…" blinked Luhan as he took hesitant steps toward Sehun's bed.

            "Yeah, I woke up about an hour and half ago. The nurses and doctor just left after checking up on me-" Sehun stopped mid-sentence as Luhan ran straight into his arms and hugged him tight, being careful not to aggravate any of Sehun's still healing wounds. Sehun held Luhan gently as the other shook a bit in his grasp, he couldn't really see but Luhan was probably holding back tears. "Hey, it's okay Luhan. I'm awake and we're okay, it's going to be okay."

            Sehun heard Luhan sniffle a little before talking, "I thought you were going to be stuck in that coma forever, you lost so much blood and were on the brink of death. Why are you so stupid!?"

            "Sorry but I couldn't fight my instincts I was going to protect you at all costs that was a promise that I made to myself when we started the mission. But even though I'm so stupid you love me anyways right?" replied Sehun fondly. He's genuinely relieved that they've made it out of their mission alive together and despite being in a coma for a week he couldn't be more thankful for the way things worked out for them. He remembers most of what happened despite having been passed out and during the time that he wasn't conscious he had plenty of time to think everything over.

             Luhan pulled back from their embrace to glare at Sehun with watery eyes, "Yes, I love you and that's never changing."

            Sehun leaned his forehead on Luhan's, "Good because I know I'm not loving anyone else but you either."

            Luhan felt his cheeks heat up at their small confession towards each other and leaned forward to kiss Sehun to just shut him up already but Sehun leaned away from the kiss before their lips could meet. Luhan pouted and Sehun grinned.

            "Why are you teasing me right now?" grumbled Luhan as he leaned in again.

            Sehun turned his face so Luhan kissed his cheek instead, "I don't want to be distracted just yet."

            Luhan narrowed his eyes, "Distracted by what?"

            "Your amazing kisses," replied Sehun seriously before pecking Luhan on his blushing cheek as well, "I want to get up and go outside first."

            Luhan shook his head immediately, "No, no way, you just barely woke up! Your muscles haven't been in use for a week and your injuries are still healing! Why do you want to go outside? Just stay in here and recover quickly, then you can go anywhere you want after you're discharged from the hospital!"

            "Luhan it's fine, the doctor told me earlier that my injuries are healing well," replied Sehun as he began shifting about, "I'm sure it's fine for me to go outside besides you'll be there to help me."

            "Sehun no," insisted Luhan firmly, "I don't want your injuries getting worse or anything while we're outside or on the way going outside. Please just stay here and rest."

            Seh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter