Mission Complete: We'll Play Together Again Soon

Our Lives on the Line
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

~Chapter 10 – Mission Complete: We'll Play Together Again Soon~

            The steps to the large castle in the town center were grand as the entire team climbed them to get to the doors. Royal guards escorted them directly through to the throne room where the four ninjas and two princesses met the King directly.

            "Father!" cheered Sooyoung and Yoona as they ran straight for the throne chair that the King sat upon.

            The King having seen both his daughters approach him, opened his arms for the two as they embraced, "Good to have you girls back safe and sound."

            Sehun steps forward and bows with the rest of his team, "Thank you for entrusting us to return the princesses to the Healer's Fields Kingdom."

            The King smiles at the four ninja, "I should be the one to thank you four for protecting my daughters with your lives and bringing them home safe and sound."

            "It was a pleasure," replied Luhan, "The girls were perfect and were always on their best behavior."

            "Were they now?" questions the King playfully as he eyes his youngest daughter in mock disbelief.

            Yoona nods enthusiastically, "Yes! Big brother Luhan is telling the truth! I was good! Ask Sooyoung!"

            Sooyoung giggles, "Yoona was pretty good."

            The King gives a light laugh at his daughters and turns his attention back to the four ninjas before him, "I'm glad to hear there wasn't any problems."

            "There was actually one particular mishap," informs Sehun, it's best that he explains this to the King before they leave so there would be no misunderstandings, "I am sure you know of a man named Kyubok, he was in pursuit of us while on this mission and had plans to kidnap the princesses but we had handled the situation before it escalated too far, the specialist squad has him and his accomplices withheld for the time being if there is anything specific you would want to do with them."

            A look of surprise crosses the King's face quickly before it's replaced by one of recognition, "Ah, I thought I wouldn't have to hear that name again after I had banished him from the Kingdom but of course ill intent would brew. You say that your village's specialist squad has him and his accomplices?"

            Sehun nodded in affirmation.

            "Very well, then I shall leave it up to your village to decide his fate. There is nothing much I can do now that he had been banished from this Kingdom," replied the King calmly.

            "We shall relay the information when we go back to our village," replied Sehun as he gives one more bow with his team, "We shall be taking our leave now."

            Yoona suddenly jumped out of her Father's arms at the mention of those words, "Wait! You're leaving?" The five year old ran up to Luhan and grabbed on to his shirt.

            A bit surprised at Yoona's outburst, Luhan crouched down and smiled comfortingly to the younger, "Yeah, now that you're home we have to go home too."

            Yoona's expression looked heartbroken, "What? But then I'll never see big brothers again… Can't you going to stay here with Sooyoung and I?"

            At this point Sooyoung also joined her younger sister and placed a hand on her shoulder, although it was clear she was sad over the four ninja leaving she still had to put on a brave face for her younger sister, "Yoona, the big brothers have their own homes to return to with their own families."

            "But-" Yoona looked close to tears now as he bottom lip quivered and her eyes became shinier.

            Kai quickly stepped in and picked Yoona up in one arm and patted Sooyoung's head with his other hand, "No need to cry! We won't forget you and if you ever need us you'll know where to find us!"

            "Yeah Yoona we'll see you and Sooyoung again some day so there's no need to get upset," added on Kyungsoo.

            Sehun stepped in front of the five year old's sight with a small smile, "You know if you're really good, we can even bring you back a present the next time we see you. Don't cry okay? We'll always be your big brothers as long as you want us to be."

            Yoona began rubbing at her eyes and gave a tentative smile towards Sehun, accepting his promise, "So you'll be my big brother forever?"

            "Definitely," replied all four ninjas without hesitation.

            Luhan grinned and took Yoona into his arms, hugging the little girl tight, "We'll be back someday and play again, so don't worry! Be good okay? So whenever we get the chance to drop by we can all have lots of fun!"

            Yoona nodded and returned the hug, "Okay."

            Luhan crouched down and held out his other arm, "Come on Sooyoung, give us a hug goodbye?"

            Sooyoung looked surprised for a moment before she realized what Luhan said and ran up to him to give him a hug, "Have a safe trip back to your village, thank you for protecting us."

            "No problem, it's what big brothers are for," replied Luhan before releasing the two so that they could give their hugs to the other three ninjas.

            The King looked on with a pleased smile as he saw the four ninja handle the entire situation well. A sudden thought hits him and he calls over one of the servants, "Can you please bring me a vial of the new herbal remedy that was recently developed?"

            The servant nods and quickly goes off to accomplish his given task.

            "Okay, we have to go now. We'll see you again some time soon," said Sehun as he gives one final ruffle to Yoona's hair.

            "Wait a moment, you are the leader of this squad correct?" asks the King as he approaches them.

            Sehun answers immediately, "Yes, is there anything my team or I can assist you with?"

            The King smiles again, "No but there is something that I would like to give for my gratitude."

            The servant at this time returns with a case in hand that contains a small vial, the King opens the case and reaches for the little bottle.

            "There's no need to give us anything, we can't possibly accept-"

            "Nonsense, you four are risking your lives on every mission you take and I surely can't have my daughters' big brothers running around without some sort of precautionary medicine," rebuked the King good naturedly as he slips the vial into Sehun's hand, "Take this, it is a special medicine that has been recently developed in our Kingdom, the girls even helped make this so it would mean a lot if you could accept it."

            "What does it do?" questions Kai curiously.

            "One drop would cure you of any poison, infection, or pain. This medicine is very potent which is why I tell you only one drop, it does not heal cuts or open wounds like a miracle but if applied to an open wound it will help to lessen the pain and prevent infection, the same goes for if you have been poisoned one drop and you'll be cured. Please be very careful with this and don't allow it to get into the wrong hands," explained the King as he closed Sehun's hands around the bottle, "The girl's and I want you to have this, know that you will always be welcomed back here as well."

            Sehun looked at the sincerity in the King's expression and nodded, "We will, thank you for this it'll surely save our lives one day."

            The King smiles, "Good, now have a safe trip back and visit the Healer's Fields Kingdom anytime you wish."

            The four ninja returned the smile, "We will," before bidding their last goodbyes.

            As they made their way out of the castle grounds they realized they had a long way back to the EXO village, oh well at the very least they had a successful mission.

            "Kai! Why the hell are you blubbering!?" questioned Kyungsoo as he looked over to his teammate to see the other sniveling into a handkerchief.

            Kai blew his nose loudly before looking at Kyungsoo, "Because we had to say bye to the babies!"

            Sehun, Luhan and Kyungsoo gave disgusted looks at Kai as the latter blew his nose again.

            Kyungsoo sighed but gave pity on Kai as he patted the younger's back, "It's not forever, we can always visit them."

            Although that small pat on the back seemed to give Kai the impression that he could do as he pleased, Kai turned and wrapped his arms around Kyungsoo, "Okay, let's go together the next time!"

            "Ew! Your snot is dripping!" protested Kyungsoo as he tried pushing Kai off of him.

            "It's hilarious how Kai is acting like this despite protestin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter