Mission Start: Bloody Assassination

Our Lives on the Line
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

~Chapter 22 – Mission Start: Bloody Assassination~ 

            When morning comes, Luhan opens his eyes to see the bed empty and Sehun gone. At first Luhan doesn’t quite freak out about it (although he is a bit disappointed because he wanted to wake up to see Sehun first thing) because he thinks that Sehun simply went to the bathroom. However upon getting up and checking, he sees that the bathroom is empty too.

            Confusion sweeps through Luhan for a moment as he wonders where Sehun could have possibly gone but he brushes off the feeling, 'Maybe he went to get breakfast?'

            He walks out of Sehun's room and nearly runs into Sehun's mother along the way, startling the both of them. "Oh, sorry Auntie," apologizes Luhan.

            "Oh, Luhan, I thought you were still going to be asleep," blinks Yurin, "Sehun just left not too long ago and told me that you were sleeping over."

            A jolt ran through Luhan and the alarms inside his head went off immediately, "What? Sehun left? Where?"

            "He said he had a secret mission assigned to him by the village leader so I assume he's heading there for one last check in for the mission details and then heading out," answered Yurin, "I'm worried though he acted rather odd when he left, this isn't his first solo mission but I don't know I can't fight instincts and he is my son."

            Luhan swallowed the lump that was forming in his throat and nodded quickly, his time was limited too, "So he just left right? I'm going to try to catch up to him, I'll see you later Auntie thank you!"

            "Luhan! Wait-" Yurin didn't get to say anymore before Luhan went back into Sehun's room to pull his shoes on and take his leave through the window. "Oh dear…" Yurin sighed, "These boys, I'll have to tell Fei later if Luhan forgets to mention what he's doing, she's going to be worried when she sees Luhan running wild and jumping out the window of his room…"

            Luhan relied on his speed for this as he quickly made it to his own room across the way from the Oh's residence. He rushed to the bathroom to clean himself up a bit and change his clothes before grabbing his bag with his usual ninja supplies. He's going to tackle Sehun head first and tie him to a tree if he has to, he can't believe Sehun made no mention whatsoever to him about a mission. 'Oh Sehun, you are so dead when I get my hands on you,' thought Luhan darkly, 'Boyfriend now or not, you will see my wrath.'

             Luhan was just about to head out from his window again  when his mom suddenly opened the door to his room and saw him with one leg already outside.

            They both froze and stared at one another for a second before Fei started glaring at Luhan, "What in the world are you doing jumping out of windows?"

            "…Sehun, mission, I'm going to kick his , I'll see you later!" responded Luhan before slipping out the window completely.

            "What!?" shouted back Fei as her son disappeared from her sight.

            Luhan's head popped back into view again as he added one more thing, "Oh and Sehun and I are dating now but I need to go kick his . Bye! Auntie should explain the rest!"

            "Wait! You can't leave after saying that!" shouted back Fei as she looked out the window to only see Luhan completely gone from sight, "Luhan!"

            Going as fast as his legs could take him, Luhan ran straight for Kris' office, by estimating the time it took him to get there he figures that Sehun should at the very least still be in the building he just needs to catch the other before he leaves.

            Luhan bites on his bottom lip, he doesn't understand why Sehun didn't just tell him the meeting yesterday was actually him getting assigned a solo mission and decides to leave in the morning before he could even get up. Sehun wasn't running away from him is he? Well one way to find out now is to get to the bottom of it by confronting the source with this in mind Luhan ran faster.

 

            Sehun walks up the usual stairs that lead to Kris' office and greets Suho along the way. He feels guilty about having to leave before Luhan wakes up but he's pretty certain that he wouldn't have even been able to make it out of his house if he told Luhan directly. Besides he's made a new resolve about this assassination mission; he's going to come back alive no matter what because Luhan will be here when he comes back. He just hopes Luhan understands why he couldn't tell the him and won't be too mad when he gets back.

            Sehun reaches for the door knob to Kris' office and is just about to grab it when something suddenly runs straight into him so fast that his ninja instincts couldn't have even picked up on the threat. He fell over with a loud groan as something heavy landed on top of him too.

            "Sehuuuuun," hissed in what seemed to be Luhan's very angry voice.

            Sehun opened his eyes slowly only to confirm his speculations, scratch his inability to sense a threat it was Luhan no wonder he didn't sense anything. Although an angry Luhan was a dangerous Luhan…

            "Good morning love," Luhan smiled momentarily which made

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter