Twenty three

Unconditional

NARRATOR POV

"Be safe." Kyuhyun Hyun's hand gently with his thumb. "I will. You must be healthy again. I will always love you, till forever. Till heaven." Hyun smiled as the nurses pushed them both into operation theatre. Kyuhyun who was watching the operation from when Hyun was injected with anaesthesia, he was constantly looking over Hyun when she was under the knife. Suddenly the machine beeps loudly. "Her blood pressure dropped!" the nurse informed. Dr. Kim tried to stop the bleeding but then the nurse exclaimed that Hyun was having cardiac arrest. Kyuhyun was about to get up but he couldn't due to the pain of his operation is still there. Dr. Kim did CPR trying to get Hyun's heart beat again. "Hyun! Wake up!!" Kyuhyun shouted. "Please wake up, Hyun." he pleaded as he cried. After 20 minutes, nothing changed. "Doctor.." the resident doctor called out.  

"Time of death, 1:46 PM." Dr. Kim announced as she sighed. Kyuhyun went speechless. He felt his body weak, he couldn't move after seeing his wife died in front of his eyes for trying to save him. 

KYUHYUN POV

"Time of death, 1:46 PM." I went weak hearing Dr. Kim's announcement. Hyun died in front of my eyes because she tried to save me. I'm really sorry, Hyun. I'm sorry my love. Forgive me.

The operation on me still went on as it was scheduled. The next day, the Super Junior members did everything needed for Hyun's funeral as I wasn't able to do it. I was on wheelchair in front of her memorial. They put up the picture of her when we debuted as duo. Hyun looked so happy. I couldn't stop my tears along the funeral. I was hoping I could be the one to arrange everything but I couldn't. "She's waiting for you in heaven. Make her happy here seeing you healthy again." Leeteuk patted my shoulder. I just nodded to his words. 

It had been 4 years since Hyun left. I moved in with my family as my mom takes care of me. 

NARRATOR POV

"I'm meeting Hyun soon, mom." Kyuhyun said as he smiled with his weak and pale looks. He is now in his final stage of his cancer. He couldn't do much as he was too tired to do anything. His mom takes care of him at the hospital all day since then. "Don't leave me, my son. Please be strong. You need to be healthy." his mom cried. "Soon enough, mom. I miss my wife so much." he coughed. Mrs. Cho his hair gently. "You need to stay strong. You must fight this. For me, for your daddy, for your noona. Okay?" 

"I dreamt of my wife last night. She was in all white dress. She said, she was waiting for me. She missed me as much as I do. She was beautiful, mom. She is an angel up there now. I can't wait to have her in my embrace again. There will be no more pain, just happiness." he told. His mom couldn't say much but crying seeing his dying son. Ahra held her tears behind seeing her brother. 

Ahra held Kyuhyun's other hand. "Hyun wants you to be healthy. Don't give up. Promise me?" Ahra pleaded. "There's too much pain in this world, noona. I couldn't bear much. I'm meeting my wife soon." Kyuhyun smiled at his sister. "Take care here. I'm going first. Both of you and dad come with us okay? Thank you for everything. I love you mom. I love you noona. Tell dad, I love him too." 

Kyuhyun suddenly arched his back in terrible pain. Mrs. Cho and Ahra stood up in shock chanting his name. Dr. Kim rushed in, but it was too late. Kyuhyun slowly closed his eyes and his body lowered on the bed. The machine sounded beeps. "Time of death, 1:46 PM." she announced. "It was the same date and time as Hyun's death." she said lowly. "They're finally meeting each other again. Be strong, Mrs. Cho. Your son went first for good. He does not has to deal with the unbearable pain anymore. He will be fine in heaven with his only angel." Dr. Kim comforted.