Sixteen

Unconditional

Kyuhyun finally debuted as a solo singer. Hyun didn't give any reaction nor showed any support to him. The second week of his solo debut promotion, Kyuhyun won most of the music charts and it was an all kill debut. He was on Music Bank that Kyuhyun was announced to be the winner of the week. Donghae suddnely appeared to hug him on stage. Kyuhyun was shock but managed to control it. "Stay calm and smile. Hyun is in the hospital. She fainted." Donghae whispered. Kyuhyun forcefully smiled and finish the encore stage. The two then rushed to the hospital. As they arrived, everyone was already there. Mr. Park, Miss A and Super Junior are all outside of the room. "Where's she?!" Kyuhyun exclaimed in worry.

"Stay calm, Kyu. She's inside." Sungmin ease him. 

"What happened?" Kyuhyun asked. His voice was faint. "Blood came out of her nose and she had headache. There was so much blood and she just fainted." Min explained. Everyone went silent. Kyuhyun look through the window of the room as the doctors and nurses are checking and treating her. "I thought you wouldn't come, oppa." Jia suddenly said. Everyone was shocked by her words. Kyuhyun looked at her. "What are you talking about, Jia? Kyuhyun oppa is Hyun's boyfriend. Of course he would come." Suzy said. 

"Yeah. Hyun is his girl. It's ridiculous that he won't come." Leeteuk added. 

"Because he said, he is going to leave her. He's going to USA." Jia answered. Kyuhyun and Sungmin went speechless that Jia knew Kyuhyun's plan about leaving Hyun. "Is that true, Kyu?" Eunhyuk asked. Kyuhyun remained his silence. 

"She heard you that night you talked to Jihye over the phone. She didn't have her medicine, she didn't eat well. Don't you notice she never ate with you anymore?" 

"I thought she hated me. She wouldn't care. I mean, she's cold to me. She's not the one I used to love anymore." 

"Have you ever been in her room?"

"What do you mean?"

"She had 3 album of your solo debut to help your album sales rate. She watched your every solo debut promotions. She voted for you all night, all day."

"I don't understand. She hates me."

"No. She had regained her memory but she insisted to keep it secret from everyone. Yes, she wanted to make you leave her. Because she felt that she had been a huge burden to you. She didn't want me to tell you but I don't think I should keep this any longer. She shouldn't suffer. And Jihye. Why did you even---" Jia didn't finished her words then the doctor came out. 

"Doctor, how's she?" Mr. Park asked. "She is having a brain failure due to pressure. She woke up and we ran some tests. I identified that she didn't have her medicine. In usual cases, patients lose their abilities. I mean, to talk, to move. They might be able to respond to you just by looking. Maybe a smile, tears. Just some small reactions. If she's unlucky, we might lose her." the doctor explained. 

Jia glared to Kyuhyun. "I guess you shouldn't wait till a month." she mocked. 

KYUHYUN POV

I looked into the room, Hyun was coughing. She looked weak. "May I see her?" I turned to the doctor. The doctor nodded approving me. "Thank you." I thanked and was about to go in, I was stopped. "Stop hurting her. Just leave." Jia said. 

"Jia, let him." Fei said. 

"He's gonna hurt her more."

"Let's go first. Kyuhyun, go on." Mr. Park smiled at me and pulled Jia. The rest followed them. I went into the room. "Hyun.."

"What the hell are you doing here?" she replied. 

"Why didn't you tell me?"

"What?"

"You regained your memory." then she didn't reply me. "I'm sorry." I apologized. 

"I have nothing to forgive you on."

"I was---"

"Kyuhyun, you can go. Leave me. Jihye is waiting for you. I don't mind. I dont' want to be a burden anymore."

"I broke my promise. I'm really sorry."

"That was my plan."

"Honey--"

"Stop calling me by that."

"I hurt you. I'm really sorry." I held her hand. It was cold. "Kyu, I don't want you to burden yourselves anymore. My condition now, it's troubling you. I love you. So much. But we can't continue like this. You can have a better girl." she looked at me. Her eyes were teary. "Go." she let go of my hand. 

"Then marry me." I proposed. "Kyu, I told you this is impossible." she denied. 

"I will take care of you. I know I broke my promise. But now, I promise you again that I won't let you go anymore. I will take care of you regardless of what happens to you. I promise you. I will love you unconditionally." I kneeled by her bedside. "Marry me, Nam Hyunsoo." 

"I---"

"Marry me." I insisted. She smiled weakly and nodded as a yes. I smiled and stood up, hugged her tightly. "Thank you, my love. Thank you so much." I kissed her head.