Twenty

Unconditional

After a year of their marriage, the couple has not gifted to have babies. Hyun went to the hospital to meet her gynaecologist. It had been months that she went meeting her gynaecologist for help without Kyuhyun knowing. She knew that Kyuhyun really want kids of his own since he always mention it off and he had been working hard trying to make babies. 

"How was the test, doctor?"

"I'm sorry, Hyun. I'm afraid you're sterile. You can't have baby."

"I'm sure there will be some ways for us. Please, doctor."

"I'm really sorry, Hyun." the doctor said. "Thank you, doctor." Hyun stood up and bow before she left the room. 

 

Kyuhyun came home to Hyun as she was preparing dinner. "Honey." he backhugged her.

"Hm?"

"Today I met the Hwijae hyung's sons.They were so cute. I can't wait to have our own babies." he chuckled. "We're gonna have cute kids of our own right?" he added. Hyun didn't have the heart to tell that she was informed that she is sterile. "Yup. We will. As cute as you." Hyun smiled forcefully and pecked him a kiss. "I love you so much, my dear." Kyuhyun expressed. Hyun just nodded at his words as a sign of yes before she said the same thing to him. "Go and get your shower first. We will have dinner later." Hyun his cheeks. 

"Sure." he grinned as he went into the bedroom. 

 

"Honey, what is this?" Kyuhyun came out with only towel around his waist holding a bottle of medicine. "Ah--that's mine." she replied almost stuttering knowing that it was the medicine she bought from the unknown lady she met that told her it could work.

"I know. But what for? Are you sick?"

"No. It's just---a supplement." she forced a smile. "Are you sure?" Kyuhyun assured. Hyun nodded several times. 

 

Kyuhyun finished his book and noticed Hyun had been asleep beside him. He put the book on the table beside the bed and her hair. "You're such a terrible liar, my wife. You hid the confirmation letter in your ped bag. I'm sorry for what I said today. I know, you're strong enough to face this. You always have me.  I love you so much, my soul." he kissed her head. Kyuhyun went to get the bottle of medicine and put it in his bag. The next day, he went to meet the gynaecologist whom Hyun has been meeting. "Hello, doctor." he opened the door.

"Hello. You must be Cho Kyuhyun. Hyun's husband." 

"Yes."

"What is it you want to see me?"

"I want to have a confirmation. What is this medicine for? I suppose you prescribed it?" he showed the bottle.

"I didn't prescribe her any." she replied as taking the bottle and analyze it. "This is not from me. I think you shouldn't let her eat this. It's not from me." 

"Then what is it?"

"I'm not sure but it doesn't have the medical certified stamp. I haven't heard of it either."

 

Hyun went out of the room to her husband who is watching the TV looking for something. "What are you looking for?" Kyuhyun asked. "The medicine. The one from last night." she said while flipping all the pillows on the sofa. 

"I threw it."

"What?! Why?! That's mine!!"

"You shouldn't eat it."

"Cho Kyuhyun!! I bought that for---"

"For what?"

"Ugh nothing!" she went into the room and smashed the door. Kyuhyun came in seeing Hyun was looking into the dustbin. Unfortunately, she found the bottle. "I said you shouldn't eat this!" Kyuhyun hit her hand that opens the bottle causing all the pills to spill on the floor. "What's your problem?!" she yelled. 

"What's your problem?! Where did you buy this?!"

"It's not your deal."

"I'm your husband!"

"Still.." she was picking up the pills back, Kyuhyun suddenly said "Am I not that important to know that you can't have babies?" Hyun stopped collecting the pills. "Am I not?!!" he raised his voice enough to make the neighbour heard him. "How did you know?" she asked.

"Isn't it enough you left me when we were dating, you hid that you regained your memory and made me almost leaving you? And now this?! Who am I to you?!!!!!" he screamed. His voice had never been as loud as it was on that night. "You don't understand what I'm trying to do. You don't know how I'm feeling." she replied, her voice was low. 

"Then, you act you know how I feel!! Do you know how much Is suffered when you left?! When I saw you thrown off the van in front of my eyes?! When the doctor said you couldn't survive from the accident?! I almost lost my hope on you seeing you suffered so much from countless surgeries! You woke up and went paralyzed, you had amnesia! YOu regained youre memory but I didn't know, instead, you were planning to make me leave you!! Now what?! After so much, this is what you pay for me? Do you know how much guilt I'm feeling towards you for all these?"

"Then divorce me." 

"What?"

"You brought everything up and I realized, I had been troubling your life. I'm sorry." 

"I will never divorce you. I don't want to lose you." 

"You expect me to tell you everything, then when are you going to tell me that you're having leukemia?" Hyun looked at him. Kyuhyun went speechless. "Sungmin oppa told me you had it diagnosed in Fukuoka. It has been a year!!" she cried. "Hyun.." he called. She didn't reply, instead she went out of the room. 

That midnight, Kyuhyun went to Hyun that slept on the couch. He was about to pick her up, Hyun pushed him slightly. "Don't disturb me." she turned her back on him. The pillow was wet with tears. "I'm sorry." 

"It's okay." she mumbled to the pillow. 

"I'm trying my best to survive. I'm sorry." 

"You know I don't want to lose you. I was trying to give you what you wish."

"I'm really sorry." he pleaded. "Go have your rest." she pushed his chest. "I--"

"Go."