Twenty two

Unconditional

NARRATOR POV

"Your medicine." Hyun said as she sat by the bedside. "Thank you, sweetheart." Kyuhyun smiled as he took and eat all 13 pills Hyun gave him. "I cooked your favorite grilled meat, but in a healthier way." Hyun grinned

"Please say that it will be delicious." Kyuhyun pouted. Hyun chuckled and just nodded. "You finish the herbal tea first, I'm going to prepare the food on table. Can you?" Hyun asked as she handed a cup of green herbal tea to Kyuhyun. "Sure, honey. Thank you." he smiled and kissed her forehead. Hyun flashed him a sweet smile and went out of the room, immediately to the kitchen setting up every single plates on the table, pouring soup into two small bowls for each of them. 

Kyuhyun went down to see all the food are set up on the dining table. He saw Hyun was eating some pills and drinking herbs. 

KYUHYUN POV

I went down, seeing Hyun was eating several pills and drinking some kind of herbs. She was trying hard to get herself to be able to get pregnant again. I went to her and backhugged her. "Stop drinking all these. I know it tastes bad." I assured. 

"Kyu. Have you finished your tea?"

"I did. Didn't I say that I'm totally fine with us not having babies?"

"But I'm going to try. Who knows---" I cut her by kissing her. I hugged her closely and let off the kiss after 30 seconds. "Just be by my side. It's more than enough. Love me, be with me, till my last breath." I smiled as she nodded to me. "Can we eat? I'm starving. It smelled good." I teased. Hyun pulled me towards the dining table as we have our dinner. "Kyu.." Hyun looked at me. "Hm?" I raised up my chin. 

"I checked with the doctor. She said that my bone marrow is compatible for you. So I'm donating."

"I told you I don't want to burden you."

"I will do whatever to save you."

"But---" 

"Please let me, Kyu." 

"Hm okay then." 

"Thank you." 

We went to bed right after cleaning the kitchen. Hyun went to sleep fast as she was too tired of her routine everyday. She went out to work at 5 am, home by 4.30 pm. When she gets back, she start to prepare dinner, get my medicine correctly, cleaning the house. I couldn't help much as I would become exhausted with activities and might pass out.

My honey, I'm really sorry for burdening you. I love you so much, my wife. You will forever be my wife here in this world and the heaven. Forever. I promise, we will be together till eternity. Thank you so much. 

I kissed her forehead and went to sleep. 

Today is my bone marrow transplant. Hyun went into the operation theater first and then followed by me. Everything went well as the operation for both of us are over. I woke up seeing Hyun was sitting on the wheelchair by my bed. "How are you feeling?" she immediately asked. "Still painful on my back. Why are you going around? You should rest." I patted her head weakly. "I'm worried of you." 

"There are nurses here, my love." 

"I want to be with you." 

"Come and lay down with me then."

"Nope. You rest. I'm waiting for you here." she smiled. I sighed and pinched her nose. She grinned as she played with my fingers. I suddenly felt that I couldn't breath. "H--hyun.." I panted. "Kyu!!" she blurted out as she pushed the help button. I held her hand tightly. "Wait, Kyu. I'm here. Don't worry." she patted my hair. The nurses came in separating our grip and brought Hyun was on her wheelchair out of the room as another nurse gave me CPR and Dr. Kim came in. I could hear Hyun's voice helplessly begging for them to save me. I passed out from the critical minutes and was awake the next morning. I saw the resident doctor was checking my vitals. "Where's my wife?" I asked. 

"She's waiting for the doctor to come. We made some tests on you and Dr. Kim is analyzing. They will come here." she informed. A few minutes later, Hyun came in with Dr. Kim. "Are you okay? Why are you walking?" I assured. "I'm fine." she smiled and held my hand. Dr. Kim started talking. "What happened yesterday lead us to make some tests on you. Apparently, your liver is not working well. So, your kidney level is increasing that it might cause other organs to fail. Therefore, I put your name on the donor list. But Hyun is offering half of her liver to be donated to you." 

I looked over Hyun who was standing silently. "Honey." 

"I'm doing anything I could to make sure you continue living. The world needs you. You're an inspiration." she replied, gripping my hand tighter, trying to assure me that things will be fine. "We will start the operation this afternoon." Dr. Kim added. I just nodded.