The hardworker

Obsession

Zhang Yixing grew up in China as a young boy who wanted to perform. As a child he could always be seen singing and dancing to his mum and grandparents whilst his dad looked on recording the mini performances to embarrass him with in the future. Whenever his school put together a performance or two, he was always there playing either the role of a major character or as a background character.

Yixing knew that he wasn't the best singer or dancer out there and knew that he had a lot to work on before he could be considered as one of the best. That didn't stop him from going on local television shows; it was about having fun, not showing himself off and becoming cocky about it.

He knew that he was older, he wanted to be out there performing. He didn't care whether he was out on stage or performing on the streets, he just wanted to do something he loved rather than something he hated. It was no surprise that when his company came knocking on his door for an audtion that Yixing did not hesitate to do so. After passing a third audition and with his parent's blessings, he was on his way to Korea and potentially on his way to achieving his dream.

 

"Yixng step on your left foot!"
"H-huh?"

Being a foreign trainee was never going to be easy. For starters there was the prospect of living away from home for probably the first time in the trainee's life. If they couldn't speak Korean, well they were going to have to learn for their stay as a trainee. The amount of free time they had was cut down significantly and they knew that they would possibly have to work a lot harder than the Korean trainee's if they were to have any chance of making their debut.

There were times where Yixing felt like giving up. Those were the times where he felt as though all the hard work he was putting in wasn't paying off, where he struggled to make friends, keep up with what was expected of him and the overall feeling that this had all been just a waste of time.

No matter how many times he felt like it though, he was always reminded of his dream, of what he had sacrificed and left behind in China to get to where he wanted to be. No matter how many times other trainee's told him he should have just given up and gone back home, he was never going to give up. All good things come to those who wait, right?

 

First it was appearances in various advertisements, then there were the cameo appearances in different dramas to build up the hype around him; who he was and what he would do next. By the time it actually came around to his debut, Yixing still couldn't believe it; one minute he was still a trainee working into the early hours of the morning and the next he was recording songs, being taught how to look during photoshoots and shooting his own music video.

Truth be told, Yixing could hardly remember anything of his debut year. To him it was all just a blur, he couldn't even remember crying over his first few major awards... though his fans were always there to remind him through various videos and gif's that were circulating on the internet.

Even though Yixing was quick to rise to fame, it was so quick that he didn't really have a minute to just sit down and think back to everything that had happened to him in his career so far.

Though he was always active and didn't really have much time to rest, Yixing knew that he had worked hard to get to where he was today, something which he was always greatful for.

 

Since being held up in the place he currently remained, Yixing had a lot of time to think. He always thought about whether there were people out there looking for him, whether people were making up stories to try and cover the truth of what was really happening.

What about his parents? How were they feeling knowing that their son was nowhere to be seen and not knowing whether he was well and safe?

All of these and more constantly ran through his mind as he sat there, waiting to see what Joonmyun's next move was

No longer was he scared of what was going to happen to him next. He had gotten over whatever fear he had quite a while ago and instead just passed every day trying to get to know Joonmyun- what the real deal was with him, what he was going to do next, trying to get into the mind of the boy to see what was really going on.

What really frustrated Yixing though was that after all the hard work he had done to debut and become the success he was, this was the thanks that he got from his fans and others around him alike.

But, all good things come to those who wait. Right?


Phew!

I wasn't really sure on how to carry on from the previous chapter, but I decided to just do this chapter to get a little back story into Yixing's life and a possible hindsight into any future chapters? *shrugs*

Until the next chapter!!