The freedom

Obsession

Joonmyun knew that it would be stupid to stand there and start denying everything he had just blurted out to his brother. Even as he stood there listening to his brother telling him he was crazy, telling him he was only lying and it was just a stupid spur of the moment thing he should take back, Joonmyun couldn't do it. 

"I'm not... I'm not lying" 
"Come on Joonmyun this is getting stupid now. Just stop lying!" his brother implored 
"I'm not lying! I'm telling the truth... I-I have him" Jonmyun replied as his brother stared at him, stared at him with an expression as if implying that he was hurt by what Joonmyun had told him. 

"This is some kind of cruel joke. It has to be! You're angry at mum and dad and now you're taking it out on me" 
"I'm not! I'm telling the truth! Those pieces of paper and that journal are everything to do with what I've done. Payment slips for the people who helped me get Yixing to where he is, plan detailing where I would take him... i-it's all in there. Why don't you believe me?" 

"You're not capable of doing something like this!" his brother shouted "Y-you're not someone who does this! You're my baby brother and you're just not capable" his brother said but Joonmyun just stood there shaking his head, indicating that he was indeed telling the truth. 

As a kid he was told by his grandmother that the truth could sometimes hurt someone, that it would be better to lie than to reveal the truth to protect them from the pain that came with it. Joonmyun at the time could never understand why she would tell him this, yet as he grew older he understood why, seeing the hurt that his brother was expressing was enough for him to realise that maybe he should have just made up some lie, but he didn't and now that everything was out he just had to keep going. 

"Why are you doing this?"
"Because I see him in me; the way people think they can control him and push him around, they don't seem to listen to him when he tells them he's hurt or he doesn't want to do something. The only difference between him and I is that his parents seem to love him more than mine do. I-I thought that if I took him I could protect him, let him rest, escape from the world and treat him how I wish others would treat me sometimes... though it hasn't exactly gone to plan" he explained. 

"Is he safe? Is Yixing safe?" his brother asked 
"H-he was when I left him... but do you know how long it's been since I last saw him? T-that's what drove me mad... not being able to see him... and I need to get to him because I don't think I left him with enough" Joonmyun replied as his brother set the journal down and nodded his head. Though not entirely convinced that Joonmyun was indeed telling the truth, the story he was telling him sounded good enough. 

"We need to get a hold of someone, the police or somebody and th-"
"No! We cant have them there! They cant be the ones to find him I need to go get him!" Joonmyun exclaimed 
"What? Joonmyun the guy has been 'missing' for over a month, there are people looking for him... wouldn't it be better for the police to go find him so that they can put his parents out of misery? We could get help for you, without mum or dad knowing!" his brother pleaded as Joonmyun's expression darkened. 

"You think I need help? Y-you think that there's something wrong with me so I need to go get help?" he asked as his brother sighed 
"Joonnmyun pl-"
"You don't understand. None of you understand! I need to be the one to get him. There will be no police and I will not be needing any help" and with that turned and charged out of his room. 

Ignoring his brother's cries to come back, Joonmyun ran down the stairs and out the door. Realising that Joonmyun was gone, his dad began to chase after him whilst his mum shouted at him to come back. Joonmyun could easily outrun his dad, he could most definitely ignore him mum. He just kept running and didn't stop, he needed to get to Yixing and he needed to get to him now! 

 

Sensing that something was wrong, Yixing slowly opened his eyes and jumped when he saw Joonmyun standing there in front of him, staring at him. To begin with Yixing thought that this was some nightmare similar to the ones he dreamt about since Joonmyun had left; that he was going to come back, wearing the same expression as he did right in front of Yixing at this moment and get him. Whatever that meant Yixing wasn't so sure, but felt that he was about to find out. 

As Joonmyun began crawling up the bed, Yixing closed his eyes and waited for what was about to happen to him. Reaching over, Joonmyun untied Yixing wrist and left it fall down onto the matress as Yixing opened his eyes in time to see Joonmyun chuck the rope down onto the floor. Looking over, he frowned when he saw that Joonmyun had left the door wide open. 

"Wh-what's going on?" he asked 
"What does it look like? I'm letting you go" 

Was Yixing dreaming? Did Joonmyun just tell him he was letting him go? He wasn't so sure as to whether he should believe him or not, his lack of acknowledgement to Joonmyun's words clearly beginning to frustrate the latter. 

"Didn't you hear me? Go! I'm letting you go, the door is open and everything!" he exclaimed, reaching into his pocket to pull out his phone, chucking it onto the bed 
"Here, y-you can even use my phone to call the police to take me away if that's what you want!" 

"Why are you doing this? Letting me go all of a sudden?" Yixing asked as Joonmyun paused, glaring at him. his resolve crumbling with each passing moment. 

"I told my brother what's going on. M-my parents kept me as a prisoner i-in my own home and I hated it. I realised that what they were doing to me I'm doing to you" he began letting out a shaky breath and blinking his eyes rapidly to stop the tears from falling. 

"W-when I saw you, saw how you would always carry an injury, how there were those who never really listened to you... I don't know it kind of reminded me of myself. S-somewhere in my mind it made sense to just take you away and treat you how you sh-should be treated... how I wish I was treated" 

"Drugging my drink, tying me up and hitting me when I tried to escape wasn't exactly taking care of me" Yixing pointed out 
"I know that now! Cant you see this is why I'm letting you go? I've realised... though it took me long enough, that this is wrong! That everything I've done is wrong a-and all it took was f-for my parents to treat me like I've been treating you..." 

Now Yixing was really believing that this was a dream. He was not willing to believe for any second that whatever Joonmyun was spewing from his mouth was indeed the truth. 

"You don't believe me, do you?" Joonmyun asked when he saw the expression on Yixing's face before laughing hollowly "I wouldn't believe myself too... but I am letting you go. Over these past few days I've been able to sit down and finally think things through. I've realised that no matter how much longer I kept you here, it wasn't going to make much of a difference... I wasn't really caring for you was I? I-I've also realised that though I-I can create a perfect scenario for my life... my life is anything but perfect and everything is just crumbling around me... a-and I can't take it anymore". 

Of all the things Yixing never thought of witnessing, seeing Joonmyun sit there and begin to cry was one of them. Seeing him cry, he began to believe that Joonmyun was telling the truth, that he was going to let him go. He just couldn't believe that this day was finally here; after dreaming of it for so long, he was finally getting the freedom he had craved for so long. 

Seeing Joonmyun cry, something deep down in Yixing stirred. It wasn't of pity or feeling sorry for the boy, but something stirred in him and very slowly he reached out for the boy and pulled him in for a hug that looked like he so desperately needed at that moment... 

 

 

BREAKING: IDOL STAR ZHANG YIXING FOUND ALIVE AND WELL 

Singer Zhang (23) found alive and well after a phone call to police lead to his location. A suspect found at the scene has been arrested in connection to his previous disappearance.