The famous

Obsession

Men envied him and women adored him 

For any artist it was extremely difficult to try and make it into the k-pop scene, let alone become a huge success within it. For any foreign artist hoping to make it big, their chances were just small as those native to the country. For Zhang Yixing though, he never seemed to have that problem. In fact, it came pretty easy for him; all he had to do was star as back up dancer in a few videos, do some small cameo appearances in dramas and adverts and bam!  

To say his debut was a success would be an understatement 

Not only did his popularity begin to quickly escalate in Korea, but it blew up across Asia to the point where he was also famous back in his home country of China! Finally all of the hardwork he had put in over the years looked as though it was beginning to pay off. 

Being famous wasn't easy though. Everyday there would be a schedule to go to, a fashion shoot to attend, new choreography to go over. Yixing's life was in constant motion and looked as though it didn't plan on stopping anytime soon. 

He never had a break. He was constantly working. Even when he was injured or ill he was still expected to go out and put on a show. Sometimes he hated it and just wished he could rest for the day, or go home and visit his family once in a while. He wanted this, this is what he worked for and if he wanted to continue with this dream of his, he was just going to have to live with it.

 

"Come on Yixing or you're going to be late!" 

It was very common that Yixing would always carry a pack of painkillers around with him. In the pockets of his bags to the pockets of his stage pieces, he always had the painkillers around him because he was always injuring himself. Why couldn't his management just wrap him up in bubble wrap instead of letting him continuously put his body through hell?

This time it was a waist injury picked up in practice. Nothing a few painkillers could fix. 

It wasn't as if he would have the time off to get over the injury. For the rest of the week his schedule was jam packed and didn't plan on stopping for another month. Tonight it was the invitation to attend an event being held in one of the biggest restaurant chains in the country that had Yixing's manager pounding on the bathroom door that if he didn't hurry they were going to be late. 

"Alright I'm coming!" 

Tonight's event was to be held in the restaurant in Seoul. The event itself was extremely exclusive, only the richest and most famous people of the moment were invited to event held by some Kim guy Yixing never really bothered to research into. All he had to do was turn up, act polite and try the food and drink before being ushered away to attend aother late night schedule. 

The only part that Yixing enjoyed about any event was seeing his fans, how commited they were to stay out this late at night- a particularly cold and windy nigt for that matter- just to see him. Yixing was known to be a bowing machine, constantly showing his love for the fans, being the first one to greet them and the last one to leave. 

"Come on or we shall be keeping everyone held up" his manager muttered into his ear and, reluctantly, Yixing had to leave and follow the long strem of guests into the place.

 

The event itself was being held in celebration for the chain finally breaking out of Korea and into other economic power houses of the world. Sure it was a restaurant or two, but it was huge progress. 

Yixing just didn't understand why he had to come along to this. He was pretty sure that he was only invited to the event to garner wider public interest that would draw more customers into the place. 

The restaurant itself was owned by a man who went by the surname of Kim. Yixing didn't really know much of the guy other than he was bossy, rude and arrogant, reflected in some of those who were also invited along to the event. Nobody really showed any interest in Yixing; they would make small talk, take a few pictures and then leave him be and throw him to the side like he was a nobody. He was sticking out like a sore thumb. 

"Excuse me", the voice snapping Yixing out of his thoughts as he turned around to find a guy around his age smiling at him 

"Care for a drink?" he asked, holding up a glass as Yixing slowly reached out and took it from his hands 
"Cheers" the guy said, holding his glass up, waiting for Yixing to clink his glass with his 
"C-cheers" Yixing replied, sipping his drink as the guy nodded his head and took a sip too before turning around to walk away. 

 

"Hey Yixing, where are you going? We have to go!" his manager called after him as Yixing began to stumble away 
"I-I'll be back in a second, I don't feel good that's all" he replied, making his way over to the bathroom and throwing himself in one of the stalls. 

Since when had he ever felt as horrible as this? 

He hadn't eaten anything that was badly cooked tonight, he was pretty sure he didn't have that much to drink either... so why did he feel so freaking horrible 

"Oh man" he groaned out loud, standing up and stumbling out of the stall and falling back against the wall, his legs failing to give him any kind of support as he found himself beginning to slump towards the floor. 

Something was definitely wrong. It was beginning to scare him 

"Are you okay?" came a voice and Yixing heard someone run over to him 
"I-I don't f-feel-" Yixing began but couldn't get the words out of his mouth, his vision swimming in front of him. 

"Pardon?" the voice asked and Yixing could see a blurred figure now in front of him, he couldn't make the face out but he was sure that he recognised the voice from somewhere. 

"I-I don't-" but he couldn't continue as he felt his vision get darker and darker 
"Hey, hey!" the voice said, lightly tapping Yixing on the cheek in some sort of attempt to keep him awake. Maybe now that they saw that something was wrong, they would go get his manager or help Yixing in some sort of way. 

"Yixing, Yixing can you hear me?" 

That was the last thing he could remember anyone saying to him before his world finally became black...


So uh yeah... first chapter is up!! 

So this is to kind of introduce Yixing to the story and what his role is damsel in distress and a little thing going on at the end... 

You can imagine what the next chapter is going to be about then don't you? 

Until then!!