The second chance

Obsession

"When they told me I had a visitor, I would never have expected to see you here waiting for me" 

The last time Yixing had seen Joonmyun was a couple of years previously in court. The media attention that surrounded the case had been extraordinary and whilst the public knew that somebody had been able to keep Yixing locked up the whole time he had been missing, it was never revealed to them just who had done it and what their intentions were of doing so. Heck, even if it were revealed, who was to say that the public would believe that somebody such as Joonmyun was even capable of doing something like that? 

"I never thought I would be seeing you again, yet here we both are" 

Compared to the last time he had seen Joonmyun, nothing much had changed. He still looked the same, though his hair had been cut and was a lot shorter than what it had been previously, and he looked happier than what Yixing had remembered. 

"My mum came to visit me just yesterday. Up until then, it had always been my brother and my grandparents who would do the visiting. I wont count on my dad coming anytime soon, he has too much of his so called pride at stake to come visit me. Instead he tells everybody that I've gone to finish my studies abroad and I won't be back until the time of my release... that's if I've behaved well enough" 

"Well I'm sure if you give it time he'll come to see you just as your mum did". The two of them sat together like this, having a normal as it can get conversation, it would be hard to believe that Yixing feared Joonmyun at some points, that he feared he was going to kill him in some rage of his or something of the sort. The two of them sat there conversing like so, if they had been outside in a normal public situation, it would look like two friends just casually conversing with each other. 

"I read a few days ago that you won the lawsuit against your company" Joonmyun pointed out 
"I did. I realised that what you said, the day you let me go, was right. That I was carrying too many injuries all of the time and that I wasn't being treated as well as I should be. The lawsuit was long and sometimes dirty, but I'm in a much happier place now" Yixing replied as Joonmyun nodded his head. 

"And do they treat you right? The people at your company" 
"They do" as Joonmyun smiled and leant back in his seat, studying Yixing for a moment before he spoke again. 

"Why exactly are you here?" he asked "Surely you would never want to be within a five metre range of me after everything I put you through"
"I was asking myself that on the journey here. I guess I'm here because what you told me has just stayed in my mind; how you're parents treated you, how you wanted to care for me as you wished others would have I guess..." but Yixing just couldn't quite find the words to explain himself. 

"You're here because you feel sorry for me is that it?" Joonmyun asked "If so I don't need your pity alright I'm ac-"
"No, no not because I feel sorry for you" Yixing quickly clarified "I guess I just had to see you after everything that had happened. Even if it was just us bumping into each other randomly on the street in the future or something like that, I just needed to see you again". 

The Joonmyun in front of him was definitely a different Joonmyun he had last properly seen crying on the day he had let him go. This Joonmyun looked a lot more mature, happier and healthier than the one he had seen previously. Though Joonmyun was locked away and getting whatever help he needed to have to be deemed fit to be let back out to the public, Yixing was happy for him because he looked happy with his life for once. 

"Do you think that'll ever happen? That one day the two of us will just randomly bump into each other on the streets and never think anything of it despite what we've been through?" Joonmyun asked

"It might. You can never say never to the possibility of it happening. I think the two of us know, however, that we won't be able to be best friends or anything like that... but I won't hate you neither. I guess it's in my capacity to not be able to hate people, no matter what they put me through. Everybody deserves a second chance at life and it's not my place to try and deny you that chance" Yixing replied as Joonmyun smiled and silently thanked him. 

Yixing didn't stay for much longer. As well as visiting times within the facility being short, he also had a number of schedules to attend throughout the day. When it was time to leave, the two wished each other good luck and with that Joonmyun was taken one way whilst Yixing walked the other...