The confession

Obsession

"Go away"

Yet no matter how many times Joonmyun told them to, the person on the other side of the door would not stop knocking. So much so that eventually Joonmyun had to drag himself out of bed and ram the door open to physically push them away.

"Are you deaf or something? I told you t-" but stopped when he saw his brother stood there
"What do you want?" he asked
"To come check up on you, see how you are" his brother replied and even though he was the only one Joonmyun was truly able to bare within the household, he wasn't up for this at the moment.

"I'm fine, now leave me alone" Joonmyun replied and attempted to shut the door, however his brother had stuck his foot out and made it impossible to do so.

"I'm not dumb Joonmyun. I can see what this has been doing to you. Just stop trying to shut me out and let me help you for once" he said as Joonmyun siged and opened up the door even wider to let his brother in. He wasn't really concerned about the fact that by letting his brother into his room he could basically see just how much he liked Yixing, Joonmyun no longer cared, he just needed somebody to talk to instead of just shutting himself away all the time.

"Well, your room is a lot cleaner than what I originally thought it was, seeing as you never let anybody in here to actually give it a proper clean" his brother commented, trying to lighten up the mood of this current situation and was proving unsuccessful, only being met with Joonmyun sat on the edge of his bed looking at him with a straight face.

"What do you want to help me with?" Joonmyun asked as his brother sat down next to him
"Help you and our parents to try and salvage some sort of a relationship" he replied as Joonmyun scoffed and had to bite his lip to stop a laugh escaping.

"I don't want a relationship with the two of them" he said
"But you just shouted at them downstairs that you wanted them to love you" his brother replied with a frown as Joonmyun shook his head and was quick to correct his brother. He didn't want their love, he didn't even need their love, he just wanted to know why they bothered to have him if they weren't going to treat him as well as they treated his brother. He didn't care if it had to do with being the first born or who was going to take over the company, but at least he deserved some sort of equality that was close to how his brother was treated!

"You can't keep arguing with them like that forever though Joonmyun, they are your parents"
"I am close to turning eighteen, finishing school and going to university. When at university I will only return home when I need to and even after that I'll be old enough, and legal enough, to move out and make a living for myself" Joonmyun explained and his brother couldn't help but be slightly impressed at how well planned out his brother looked to be.

He didn't buy it though, if he knew Joonmyun well enough and knew that outburst downstairs wasn't just something stupid, deep down Joonmyun's brother knew that he wasn't being serious and that somewhere deep down he did want something from them.

"I don't really think you're being serious"
"Well believe me when I say I am" Joonmyun replied and if his brother was willing to continue like this then so be it. He was not about to admit to anything to please his brother, however at the same time he wanted him to get out and leave him alone already.

"Look, I know that there may be a slight case of favoritism in this house but-"
"A slight case? Please. In this house there is a hierarchy of favoritism and I'm at the bottom of the pile!" Joonmyun replied angrily "Now if you're just going to sit here and try to lecture me about our parents then please leave!" getting up and opening his bedroom door, but his brother didnt move and remain rooted to the bed.

"Are you doing this for attention?" he asked
"Doing what?"
"This; acting out in front of them, always being so mean and running away" to which Joonmyun laughed out loud before shaking his head.

"I don't need their attention. I've actually come to accept my place within this family" he began as his expression hardened "Now get out and just leave me alone, I have better things to do than sit here with you trying to get me to be civil to those two".

His brother couldn't quite believe that this was the person Joonmyun was growing into. Even when his parents had treated him like this as a youngester, he was still seen with a smile on his face and was always able to make those around him laugh. He could barely recognise the person in front of him now. What happened to the Joonmyun he had known previously?

"What could you possibly have to do if you're being locked up in here?" he asked
"That's none of your concern, now please leave" Joonmyun replied as he hopped off his bed and opened the bedroom door once again. Staying in his spot, his brother began to look around the room as Joonmyun's eyes followed him. Looking around, he could see his walls plastered with poster upon poster of that singer he always seemed to be going on about, schoolbag chucked in the corner with textbooks placed neatly on his desk.

"What are you doing?" Joonmyun asked
"I'm just looking around" his brother replied, eyes locking onto a journal that Joonmyun had placed on the table beside his bed
"Why? I have nothing of importance here" Joonmyun said and before he could react, his brother had grabbed the journal and held it up in the air so he couldn't get it.

"Give it back!" he exclaimed though his brother was failing to comply to his wishes. Though he didn't really want to be nosy, if he could look through this journal then he would probably be able to understand his brother better. Whether he was expecting to find out stuff his brother would never be able to tell the public, what he really felt deep down was unknown to him however he could at least try. Joonmyun was a brother he cared for dearly and he didn't want him suffering like this.

"Will you just quit it and give it to me!" Joonmyun exclaimed as a few loose pieces of paper fell out, his brother bending down to pick them up
"What are these?" he asked as Joonmyun's eyes widened and he began to become frantic in getting it back
"You don't like it when I look through your stuff so don't look through mine!" he begged as his brother began reading through the various pieces of paper that had fallen about. 

"Are these reciepts for something?" he asked out loud, the papers proving to be a good enough distraction for Joonmyun to race forward and snatch back the journal as well as recovering some of the papers that had fallen out. 

"Joonmyun what is all of this?" his brother kept questioning, sifting through the papers. Slowly Joonmyun could feel the anger rising inside of him. For so long he had kept in what he had been doing when he wasn't at home, vowed to himself that he wouldn't tell a soul for the sake of Yixing. Over the days he had been kept in the house, having people constantly be with him, it was driving him mad. He was beginning to lose the battle and with his brother being in his room, unintentionally uncovering all the pieces of information that pointed towards Joonmyun being the reason behind the idol's disappearance was enough to finally make Joonmyun crack. 

"I have Yixing!" he shouted, making his brother look up from the papers and frown 
"What are you talking about?"
"I have Yixing! I'm the reason as to why he is missing and I have been keeping him with me for the whole time he's been missing... are you happy now?" 


I left this for a whole freaking month D: 

I'm sorry if this chapter ! I had serious writers block with this but if I didn't start writing soon then this fic was never going to be updated. I'm sorry if you're disappointed with this update and I promise I shall try to make the next chapter a whole lot better!! 

Until then!!