The double life

Obsession

Yixing, understandably, did not trust Joonmyun one bit. After everything that kid had put him through, Yixing was not going to be trusting him anytime soon. Even if Joonmyun continuously brought him food, drink, spare clothes and dragged in a tin bath for Yixing to bathe in every few days. Joonmyun could do all he want, but Yixing was not going to become his newest friend anytime soon.

Recently Yixing noticed that Joonmyun had been staying with him longer than he had done previously. Whilst before Joonmyun would come to give Yixing the basics in order to survive, now he would often stay behind and either read a few comics or do some homework when he could be doing that just as easily at home.

No matter how strange he found it, Yixing did not question Joonmyun. Call it being afraid but Yixing didn't want to pry into Joonmyun's personal choices in case he opened up something which had been building up inside of Joonmyun for a while therefore leading to something happening to him.

"Can you please stop staring at me. I'm finding it very hard to concentrate on my homework and I don't need you staring at me like that" Joonmyun commented, looking up just in time to see Yixing blush slightly.

"D-don't you usually leave by now?" Yixing asked as Joonmyun put his work down onto his lap and nodded his head
"Indeed I do, but what's wrong with me sticking around for just a little bit longer?" he replied and raised an eyebrow. If Yixing had the courage to do so, he would try to wipe the smug little look off of his face.

"Well you can just as easily do your homework at home instead of staying here with me" Yixing explained and with a sigh escaping his lips Joonmyun's mode was able to change just as quickly as it had been a second ago.

"I don't think my personal life is of anything to concern you" Joonmyun muttered, face remaining straight
"And yet it's alright for you and everyone else out there to know everything about my life" Yixing added but Joonmyun didn't say or do anything in response to that comment. Instead he got up and gathered his stuff together ready to leave, not before tossing Yixing a carrier bag with a few thin blankets within them.

"The weather's getting colder, don't want you catching a cold do we?" and with that, left.

 

To people in the outside world, Joonmyun was a quiet boy who rarely said anything unless asked to comment on something. Whilst he rarely spoke, his actions spoke for him; smiling when someone complimented him on the work he had done, always polite, holding doors open for people. That was the image Joonmyun made sure to keep when away from his parents.

Behind closed doors it was a completely different matter. Behind closed doors Joonmyun was disruptive, never did what his parents asked of him and was a constant nuisance. Who could blame him though? Parents who only cared for his brother and seemed to forget about him, only remembering they had another son when he did something wrong... it could be argued that Joonmyun had every right to act this way towards them.

Not many people knew about that though. Joonmyun made sure to keep it a secret. What happened indoors he never reflected outdoors. Through this, it was as though Joonmyun was leading a double life; the Joonmyun was polite and shy when at school or in the public eye and the Joonmyun who argued with his parents, who never showed love for them.

 

 "Excuse me young man"

The sound of mother's voice reminded him of a screaming banshee. Not that Joonmyun ever told her; it would just set her off on another rampage which meant that Joonmyun would have to sit there listening to her voice for a longer amount of time.

"Where do you think you're going?" she asked as Joonmyun pointed towards the front door
"Out... where else would I be going?" he replied and inwardly groaned when his dad walked into the room and would, inevitably, have a word or two.

"Joonmyun, we noticed you've been going out and not coming back either late into the night or about an hour or two after school. As your parents we would like to know exactly where you're going so we don't have to sit here worrying about you" his dad said
"I find it very hard to believe that you two would actually worry about me" Joonmyun replied supressing a laugh.

"You are our soon Joonmyun we have every right to be concerned over you" and Joonmyun made sure to sigh loudly. Were his parents seriously going to start this argument again? Didn't he remind them the last time that he didn't care and that the only reason they were doing this was to show him up? 

"Look if this is all you're going to be discussing with me then I shall be on my way getting on with better things in my life" 
"See! This is what we're talking about! You keep going out and doing this and this is why we're talking to you... are you doing something illegal Joonmyun?" and even though his mum was probably being serious, Joonmyun couldn't help but laugh at her.

"Is that seriously what you think I do? Like you don't think I'm hanging out with... friends? Or catching up on school work?" but he could tell by his parent's expressions that they weren't going to believe what he was telling him. It wasn't even the truth anyway... ah well, what did they know?

"Whatever" Joonmyun muttered and began making his way to the front door
"You go out that door don't expect to be let back in later" his dad threatened as a last resort to keep his son from leaving.

"Does it look like I care?" and with no answer, Joonmyun stormed out of the house and down the road. He knew that his dad had probably meant what he had said previously, but he didn't care. It meant that he didn't have to go home and constantly feel belittled by his parents. For a while he could have some freedom to himself. He didn't exactly have a place he could stay in the meantime but Joonmyun wasn't really bothered about that for now, he just wanted to get away.

"Hello Joonmyun!"

And just like that, Joonmyun was able to turn on a million watt smile and rush forward to help his neighbour with her shopping

"Good evening Ms Kwon. Here, let me take this for you"

It was just too easy...


I think you'll enjoy the next chapter... ish... but I'm not giving anything away as to what's going to happen!

Also, I know that a few of you probably enjoy all the mini SuLay interactions that I incorporate into this, but please don't think that by the end of this they're going to end up being a couple. Sure Joonmyun adores Yixing and is absolutely crazy over him... but Yixing is not going to fall in love with some psycho who kidnapped him and left him tied up. Just don't get your hopes up, okay?

Until the next chapter!!