The fans

Obsession

The first time Joonmyun laid eyes on him, it was through watching some drama everyone was raving about. Though his appearance was only a few seconds long, it was long enough to grab his attention. 

The second time Joonmyun laid eyes on him was through some facial cream commercial- this time he had a longer role and even a speaking part! Joonmyun didn't know his name, so he settled on calling him 'Dimples' for the meantime, reminding himself to stop by some shop the next morning to make sure he bought the product for himself. 

The third time Joonmyun laid eyes on him was when he was preparing to make his debut. This time Dimples had a name, this time Joonmyun was able to search up pictures of him online as well as watching his teaser videos over and over until his music video was finally released.  

This is where Kim Joonmyun's infatuation for Zhang Yixing first began 

In the beginning it was nothing more than being a harmless fan. He would buy the albums, donwload the songs and voted when he needed to in order to ensure that Yixing won the awards he was nominated for. Then came the days where he just spend it all inside; reading fan accounts of run in's with the guy himself, watching back live performances as well as the most recent interviews or television appearances. 

Slowly it began to consume his life where every day would be spent just looking him up. Even when he was at school and was suppose to be studying, he would have his phone out during lessons searching up the guy! Once or twice he thought about skipping school just to go see the guy at the airport or at a mini fan meeting event. He never did though, if his parents ever found out he was sure that his dad would murder him for wasting his time and ruining his education over some celebrity! 

If anyone asked him, Joonmyun would be able to tell them where Yixing was born, his height and weight, favorite colour, ideal type and whether he was right handed or left handed. Joonmyun could even tell when Yixing was carrying an injury or not, and that was very often. Even other fans were able to pick it up from watching his live performances. It was those times that Joonmyun pitied Yixing; seeing how he was suffering and how he was not able to do anything about it kind of reminded Joonmyun of himself just that little bit... 

To anyone who would listen to him, it seemed as though Yixing and everything about him was the only thing Joonmyun would really talk about. It never clicked to any of them that this slight infatuation may have slowly begun turning into a obsession... 

 

"You are going to this event on Friday whether you like or not!" 

Usually when his mum got a say on things that would be it. Nobody, not even Joonmyun's dad, would be willing to argue back with her. Joonmyun was not going to give up that easily though, he was just as bad his mum. 

"I just don't see why I need to go! I'm not the one who's getting the whole chain passed on down to me when dad keels over anyway" he tried 
"Don't say something like that about your father mister!" his mum snapped, lightly slapping him on the arm "And besides, I want this to be a family occassion. One where we celebrate the fact that finally your father's business is becoming a success after putting in all that hard work over the years" 

"So inviting a bunch of press and celebrities is making this a family occassion?" Joonmyun asked not even phased by the look his mum shot him as she sighed and continued with what she was doing previously. 

"I should seriously consider going Joonmyun, especially since we went to all that trouble in getting that celebrity you're always flapping over"  
"What celebrity?" Joonmyun asked 
"Oh you know... what's his name? Yesing... Yisung" to which Joonmyun's eyes widened. His parents hadn't seriously done it had they? 

"You mean Yixing?" he asked as his mum clicked her fingers 
"That's it!" she exclaimed. 

"Woah, wait, you guy have actually managed to get Yixing, the biggest idol at the moment, to come along to the event?" Joonmyun asked 
"Well I didn't really see the point in him coming if I'm quite honest with you. But your father, he see's it as a key oportunity to attract younger audiences to the place" his mum replied and that was all Joonmyun could hear before he started jumping about and cheering into the air. 

Zhang freaking Yixing was actually coming to the event. He was actually coming! This was... this was huge! Never before had Joonmyun even been within a one mile radius of the guy and now he was going to possibly be within meer inches of him? Joonmyun just couldn't comprehend it! 

Admist the jumping and cheering, an idea had popped into his mind. An idea that most people would have seen as truly shocking and horrifying, but for Joonmyun it was perfect. So perfect in fact that a grin appeared on his face and he was practically sprinting about to find his coat before heading out the door to get phase one of the so called 'master plan' in place. 

 

By Friday evening, Joonmyun could no longer contain his excitement. Watching all of these celebrities walk into the restaurant, watch all the press surround them for pictures, it was only a matter of time before Yixing would arrive. 

When he did finally arrive, Joonmyun's breath caught and he could swear his heart skipped a beat. Watching the guy bowing to others around him, taking pictures with them... he looked so much better in real life than he did in front of the camera! 

Seeing his idol so close to him, he almost forgot of his plan until he saw a waiter walking around with drinks, grabbing one for himself and going to grab the one he had prepared previously. Getting closer and closer to Yixing, he could feel himself begin to chicken out numerous times and had to keep telling himself to man up if he wanted to get through with this. Taking a deep breath, he just hoped that his voice didn't crack or show nervousness. 

"Excuse me" he said gently and felt his heart beat increase as Yixing turned around to face him. Fearing that he would forget what he was going to say next, Joonmyun smiled at him to allow himself time to think of what he was going to say next. 

"Care for a drink?" he asked, holding up the glass and watching Yixing reach out to take it 
"Cheers" he said, holding his drink up and Yixing clinking their glasses together 
"C-cheers" he replied and it wasn't until Yixing began taking sips of his drink did Joonmyun drink his, eventually walking away. 

He wouldn't have to wait for long until Yixing began to feel the effects of the drink he was given. Until then, Joonmyun kept a tight eye on him, following him into the bathroom, pretending to be a worried passer by until the drink came into full effect and Yixing passed out onto the floor. 

"There, there Yixing. There, there" he muttered, patting the guy on the cheek as he got up and walked out into the hall to signal for some help 

Phase two of his plan was now complete... 


And with that Joonmyun is introduced to the story! 

But don't worry, we'll be finding out a lot more about him as this fic progresses! 

Until the next chapter!!