The runaway

Obsession

Until Joonmyun had given him the newspapers, Yixing had no idea that it had now been over a month since he was last seen by anybody. Reading the different stories, there were some which suggested that Yixing had enough of the pressures of being an idol and had ran away, other stories painted a more grim storyline of what could have potentially happened to him.

Allowing him a brief chance to look on his phone, Joonmyun had managed to find a Chinese article written about how Yixing's parents were coping with the situation. The other articles didn't bother him, but this article did. Seeing the picture of his mum crying whilst his dad comforted her broke Yixing's heart more than anything... but what could he do? It wasn't as if he was going to be planning an escape anytime soon; he had to learn the hard way as to what could happen to him if he ever made such an attempt.

"How long do you plan on keeping me here?" he asked once he had finished reading the article
"When I feel that I have taken care of you as others should have done" Joonmyun replied, but Yixing couldn't quite understand by what he meant by that.

 

It was on one of Joonmyun's regular visits where Yixing had noticed the inflatable matress that Joonmyun was blowing up
"What are you doing?" he asked as Joonmyun finally finished and set it aside.

"You ask too many questions" he replied grumpily and continued with what he had been doing previously, ignoring the look on Yixing's face
"Don't you usually leave by now?" Yixing asked and Joonmyun shot him a look to back up the point he had made previously, but nonetheless answered Yixing's question in the hopes that it would shut him up.

"I have no intention of going home" pulling out some spare clothing and began changing, smirking when he saw how quickly Yixing had covered his eyes 
"Oh come now Yixing, is there really any need to do this?" he taunted, enjoying how quickly Yixing was able to blush over the comment.

"First of all you are younger than me by a few years may I point out. Secondly, I'm not about to go staring at some guy who kidnapped me and is keeping me held here or whatever sick fantasy you may have planned out in your head!" Yixing replied, hearing no more from Joonmyun until he was told that the boy was fully dressed, even then hesitating in taking his hands away!

"I haven't been that bad towards you" Joonmyun muttered
"That bad? You drugged my drink to kidnap me, you tie me to this bed and when I tried to escape you ended up hitting me and threw me back on the bed like a rag doll!" Yixing countered angrily as Joonmyun smiled softly.

"Apart from those times, come on, I haven't been that bad. After all, I have brought you food and drink, extra clothes to change into, let you have baths here and there to stay clean. I could have been completely evil and done none of those things. I could have left you to suffer or, as you put it, play out anything I have planned out in this sick head of mine" he explained and Yixing had to admit, he had a point there.

"Why are you doing this?" Yixing asked, hoping that Joonmyun could give him some kind of answer
"Have you done it for bribery? To get money? To expose some sort of secret to leak to the press? Please just tell me so that I have some kind of answer!" he pleaded but instead of getting one, all he got was Joonmyun shaking his head before proceeding to lie down on his matress and falling asleep shortly afterwards.

 

Yixing quickly learnt that when Joonmyun explained to him he had no intention of going home, he really did mean it. The next day after the initial chat, the day after that and the day after that Joonmyun would continue to stay with Yixing and fall asleep on the matress he had laid out on the floor.

"Won't your parents become worried that you haven't come home for a few days now?" Yixing questioned one evening
"They probably wouldn't even care. They haven't cared so far so what's going to stop them now?" Joonmyun replied stubbornly. 

"If I remember correctly, your dad is stinking rich and quite popular with his restaurant chain, right?" Yixing asked
"So what?"
"So, it'll look quite bad if people were to find out if his son had ran away for whatever reason there was. I bet he'll pay quite a bit of money to have people search for you, bring you home and continue this happy family image which will keep him looking good" Yixing explained.

"You sound as though you know this from experience"
"I'm only telling you what is probably going to happen" to which Joonmyun smiled bitterly before shaking his head slightly.

"Well then, at least this will be the last place they'll expect to find me" and with finality in his voice, the two didn't speak of it again for the rest of the evening. 

This boy was difficult to understand and Yixing was sure he was never really going to understand him. He was unable to understand why Joonmyun had taken him in the first place, what he planned on doing with him and now he was unable to understand why Joonmyun had ran away from home and had chosen to stay with Yixing rather than stay somewhere else.

This didn't stop Yixing from leaning over as best as he could to take a look at Joonmyun. Watching him sleep, he no longer looked like the psycho who had kidnapped Yixing, but instead looked his age and looked... vulnerable. Seeing him shiver and gather himself in a ball to keep himself warm, Yixing grabbed one of the blankets that Joonmyun had given to him previously before laying it over the boy as best as he could with the one arm he had available.

Only when satisfied with his work could Yixing lay back and finally fall asleep.

What?

He wasn't going to be evil and let the boy freeze down there during the night was he?


A chapter full of Sulay interaction? Wah, get me!

Also I'm on Christmas holidays! Which means that I get two weeks off of school and you know what that means; UUPPPDDAAATTEESSS

Until the next chapter!!