03 M I S E R Y

Father and Daughter

 

 

Chapter 2: I might have not ended up this way if you didn’t push me away

 

That same day, Jae Eun spent her time with Yoochun walking side by side together along the Hanyang River. They were holding hands during the process.

 

“Jae Eun-ah…” Yoochun broke the silent atmosphere that hovers both of them while feeling the cool breeze of air coming along their way.

“You know, it’s been quite some time now since I last heard you call me by my name,” she replied a matter-of-factly while swaying their hands freely.

“Really?” Yoochun turned his head to her side.

“Ne. You often call me ‘Cheonsa-Eun’ eversince we’ve become closer,” Jae Eun told him as she reminisces the past.

“Old times, good times,” his statement had reverted Jae Eun’s cheerful attitude to a different one to which caught Yoochun’s attention.

“I agree. Yesterday seemed better than today,” Jae Eun let out a sigh― a mixture of grieve and frustration, “I wish dad didn’t push me away from him. Because if he ever didn’t, nothing will have probably changed between us.”

“You miss him, don’t you?” Yoochun asked earning an unexpected nod from the girl beside him.

“I also miss the way how he and I bond together in the past.”

“Then reconcile with him just like what your mom told you in your dream,” he encouraged her.

 

Jae Eun is already contemplating whether she’d do so or not. She’s in the verge of telling herself ‘yes’ when her pride grew stronger both in her heart and mind than her forgiveness and acceptance.

 

“No…” Yoochun was taken aback by her sudden decision, “I admit I miss him but it’ll only remain as it is.”

“You know what? Sometimes I don’t get you,” he led her to the nearest bench and they both sat as he continued telling her, “you change plans and decisions in no time. Just like earlier, you were about to make a reconciliation with your dad but then, it suddenly turned out different.”

“Yoochun oppa, please understand my situation,” her eyes searched for his,” why do I need to reconcile with him when he was the one who made all these present things possible? Doesn’t it have to be the other way around?”

“You gotta point there, missy. But it won’t hurt if you initiate it instead or at least just try.”

"Oh! No no no,” Jae Eun sarcastically sang.

“Tsk tsk~ you and your pride, really. Partners-in-crime…” he smiled sourly unable to like that side of her, “let me take you home now,” Yoochun got to his feet.

“Huh? What time is it now?” her head lift up a bit while peeking through Yoochun’s wrist watch.

“8:30PM.”

“Don’t take me home yet,” Jae Eun sounded demanding than asking.

“Why?” his forehead wrinkled.

“I obviously don’t want to be only squared around inside one house with him long enough,” right then, her other side appeared.

“You’re such a brat. You always turn out like an evil everytime you hear or know you already have to go home.”

“Hmph! If you don’t want me to stay with you for a bit longer, then just say so,” Jae Eun and her tantrums, really.

 

Jae Eun’s feet immediately found their way away from Yoochun. She planned to go anywhere else without taking him but to no avail. Her arms were pulled by Yoochun’s big hands.

 

“You know too well I don’t mean it that way,” he gently told her.

“I know. And I am sorry,” her head flung low, “it just irritates me when I hear you calling me such names,” she pouted.

“But you are…” Yoochun crept a smile, “my angel,” then he interjected it to prevent her from heating up again.

 

The two of them made up thereafter as Yoochun decided to drive out through Hyewa which is near Namsan. There they watch the stars lit up the dark sky and the colourful lightings everywhere Seoul. It is already past 11:15PM when Yoochun noticed the time and Jae Eun had already slept on Yoochun’s shoulder.

 

“Jagi…” he mumbled, gently waking her up, “jagi, wake up. We need to go home now,” Yoochun gave her a peck on her forehead when Jae Eun woke up still feeling sleepy.

“Hmmmmm~ what time is it now? 11? 12? 13? 14?” she rubbed her eyes when she suddenly felt Yoochun flicked her forehead, “YAH! WHY DID YOU DO THAT?! Aish~~”

“Are you babo? There’s neither 13 o’clock nor 14 o’clock…” he giggled at her cuteness.

“Of course I know that. Who told you there’s such thing as 13 or 14 on the clock, huh?” her chinky eyes became even narrower.

“Ms. Kim Jae Eun just told me not too long ago.”

“Eh? I did?”

“Yes, you did, my sweet.”

“Oh my God! What is happening to me?”

“Haha, let’s go home now or you’ll add 15 and 16 sooner on the clock,” he wrapped his right arm around her shoulders.

“Sheesh~”

 

After a few minutes of drive, Yoochun stopped by the front of her house. He didn’t pull away from the driveway yet until he’s sure enough she safely got inside.

 

“Where have you been all day?” Jae Eun’s sweet smile quickly wiped out when she heard Jaejoong spoke icily.

“You don’t need to know…” she went to the kitchen and got some cold drinks from the fridge.

“You didn’t answer my question. I asked you… Where have you been the entire time?” anger etched on his face.

“Do you really need to interfere with everything I do?” she faced him with iness building up inside her.

“You ungrateful child…” Jaejoong put his index finger near her face.

“Yeah, right. Call me names all you want. As if I care…” she let her eyes roll still managing to put up an act.

“You are only asked to answer my question. Is it a hard thing to do?”

“Jaejoong-ssi, you never really needed to ask me where I have been. It’s no longer your responsibility, remember?” Jae Eun said that hit Jaejoong really hard.

 

She was right! It’s no longer his responsibility to know where she goes, how often late she goes home, and who she is with. But Jaejoong still didn’t want to let her win over him so, he said.

 

“It still is my responsibility,” he said, “you live in my house. MY HOUSE, MY RULES! If I asked you questions, answer me…” he said through his gritted teeth.

“You can do things you want on your own when you are no longer inside this house and when you are already able to feed yourself on your own. UNDERSTAND?!” Jaejoong shouted right in front of her.

 

The ever-rock-like-looking Jae Eun fought for her emotions to hold on. She doesn’t want to answer him or she’ll explode sooner.

 

“Do you understand, you ?!” he repeated, but this time, Jaejoong ended it with a hurtful word.

 

Unable to contain her emotions anymore, instead of still putting up on her act, ran upstairs towards her room and locked herself inside as she herself felt tears spilled her eyes. She cried silently as she could still hear Jaejoong’s painful rants from downstairs.

 

“You don’t deserve to be my child…”

“If only I have the will to change our relationship, then I would no longer be your daughter anymore…” she said in between her cries.

“I shouldn’t have wished for a daughter!”

“Forgive me for I have appeared in your life,” Jae Eun pitied herself.

“You shouldn’t have been part of our life!”

“I know. I have ruined everything!”

“I hate you. You’re the reason why I lost my wife!”

“You always tell me that. Maybe if I was the one who have passed away and not mom, you wouldn’t exasperate too much,” from then, her vision turned dark.

 

 

_______________________________________________________________________________________

 

OH MY GOD! I totally forgot about this ff.
I am so sorry guys for not updating this one.
I got so engrossed working with my paperworks for the past two weeks.

Well, uhm, here’s an update for you.
Hope you’ll all like it.
I will be posting the next chapter in a bit :]

Oh and, thank you everyone.
I am so surprised with the number of subscribers I got, so far.


MORE LOVE!
THANK YOU SO MUCH.

 

-- barbieBOO --