02 P R E S E N T

Father and Daughter

 

Chapter 1: I'm only a different person when you're around me— rebellious and devil-like

 

 

It has been a decade ago since the accident happened.

Neither Jaejoong nor his daughter spoke to each other. If ever they would, it would all because of him blaming Jae Eun for her simple mistakes and shortcomings. Since then, near the Kim’s residences, all what the neighbors could hear are loud bickerings being thrown to each other.

 

“Jae Eun-ah…” a whisper-like voice called her from behind, “Jae Eun-ah, my baby…” she heard it again.

“Umma?” Jae Eun recognized the voice so she looked for where it is coming from, “umma!” she ran towards her with arms widely opened.

“How have you been, my baby?”a soft wind passed around the two of them.

“You are alive!” she exclaimed, patting her shoulders and face if she’s right, “umma, why didn’t you come back earlier?”

“My baby, you are a grown up now,” her eyes welled in tears, “also, I just came to see you for a while.”

“Wae? Aren’t you going to stay with us for a long time?” Jae Eun looked through her mom’s tantalizing eyes with sadness written her face.

“No, my baby,” Eunhye shook her head then said, “I want you to take care of your father…”

“But mom…” for once, she called her mom and not the usual, “we are…” she was cut off.

“I know,” Eunhye’s lips formed a curve, “that’s why I am here, to remind you to reconcile with your father as soon as you can.”

“Umma, I can’t,” she mumbled under her breath and looked down to her feet.

“You can,” she encouraged her child, “remember, we raised you to be a humble, respectful, and loving child?”

“Mom, it’s a hard thing to do. He hates me more than himself. He despises me,” Jae Eun opened up.

“I know you have been treating each other strangers,” the mom said knowingly as she was watching them from the sky, “and it’s my fault I didn’t fight my will of death and just gave up that easily,” she then tended to blame herself.

“No, mom. Dad is right… I was the one who brought you in this state,” a hint of disgust to herself in her voice can be traced.

“Don’t blame yourself, my child,” she hugged her making Jae Eun cried her eyes out on her mother’s chest, “no one is to blamed, afterall, it might be one of God’s plan for me,”  she explained.

 

Jae Eun nodded her head on her chest. She kept crying until she heard Eunhye told her that she’ll be leaving soon.

 

“Jae Eun-ah, I will be leaving,” Eunhye bid her first farewell to her daughter, “remember, reconcile with your father as soon as you can. You’ll never know what will happen.”

“But mom…” she was cut off.

“It’ll be worth it, my child,” Eunhye smiled angelically, “now, off I go…” she moved backwith a smile etched on her face as the white light from the heavens took her.

“Mom!” Jae Eun tried to run for it but to no avail.

 

“Umma!” Jae Eun automatically opened her eyes and sat up abruptly on her bed, “it was just a dream…” she convinced herself nodding her head as beads of sweat ran down from her temple.

 

She then picked up the ringing phone from her bedside drawer, which eventually woke her up from her dream.

 

“Yoboseyo?” her voice croaked a little, which was the reason she heard a laughing voice from the other line, “what now Yoochun oppa?!” it made her a little agitated.

“Mianhe, dongsaeng-ah,” a smile then crept on Jae Eun’s face, “well, you just woke up, I guess?"

“Ne. Is it that obvious?”

“Not really. I must say I just know you quite well,” Yoochun told her sweetly, “well, aren’t you forgetting something, my dear?”

“Hmmm~ I don’t know. What did I forget?” she asked unable to remember.

 

Meanwhile, during the duration of her running thoughts, Yoochun’s ears had already left the phone’s receiving surface a bit. As soon as he did, he heard a loud scream from the other end of the line.

 

“Oh my God!” Jae Eun quickly went her way to the bathroom, completely forgetting about Yoochun and the phone thing.

 

Yoochun shook his head both in amusement and happiness. He just knows her too well. He ended his call and decided to send her message, instead.


To: Cheonsa-eun

Eun-ah, I will be waiting for you at Time-Out, ne?
Be there on time. Strictly, don’t be late! :D
Take care and please be safe!

 

Just when Jae Eun finished doing her daily routine, she pulled out a y yet not revealing dress from her wardrobe. She put final touches on her face and began to walk out her room.

Jae Eun stood up by the end of the top stair for a while. She puffed air to get more courage. When she descended the staircase, her sweet and caring aura turned to a rebel one. In her mind, she did not want to let her father see the same old her.

 

“Yah! Jae Eun, did you really clean the house?” Jae Eun was already by the door when Jaejoong, her appa, asked with his cold voice.

“I did,” she said avoiding his killing gaze, “now, I have to go. Yoochun is waiting for me,” she grasped the door knob leading its way out the house, Jae Eun heard him say.

“Clean your mess before you go out. I wouldn’t want to live in a filthy place of my own.”

“If you’re not satisfied with my cleaning, then I suggest, you do it yourself next time,” her body was now out the door, but before completely leaving, she said, “this is your house like what you said, anyway,” then with that, she left him.

“What the hell! Yah! Come back here and clean the house!” Jaejoong shouted but never once Jae Eun did look back again.

 

Talking to herself like a fool while waiting for the bus at the bus stop, she didn’t mind the people around her.

 

“As if! That old man, really!” Jae Eun scoffed loudly, gathering many eyes to look at her weirdly, “what the hell is wrong with them?” she asked herself mentally when she noticed many people looking her way.

 

She later on shrugged it off when the bus going to Apgujeong finally arrived. She got her seat near the bus’ door and leaned her head on the window as her earlier dream drifted to her mind once more.

 

“Jae Eun-ah, I will be leaving,” Eunhye bid her first farewell to her daughter, “remember, reconcile with your father as soon as you can. You’ll never know what will happen.”

“But mom…” she was cut off.

“It’ll be worth it, my child,” Eunhye smiled angelically, “now, off I go…” she moved backwith a smile etched on her face as the white light from the heavens took her.

 

Jae Eun snapped out of it quickly not even thinking twice to consider her mom’s request. In her mind, she’s telling herself it would no longer be the same as before anymore. She shrugged the thought of apologizing to her father for the way she treat him now.

The bus stopped at Apgujeong. Jae Eun still had to cross the street to be able to make it to Yoochun’s place. After carefully making it across, she made her way through the glass doors and her eyes scanned the place only to see Yoohwan over the counter.

 

“Yoohwan!” girls who are seemed to be head-over-heels of the guy in front of them, they were suddenly taken aback by the lady who just shouted.

“Oh~ noona-ah, how are you?” Yoohwan asked Jae Eun, who is now beside him at the counter area.

“I’m perfectly fine, you know,” she poked his side.

“Yeah, I can see that,” he , “oh, by the way, you can go to Yoochun hyung’s room over there,” Yoohwan showed her the way.

“Alright then, I shall see him myself,” Jae Eun patted his head, “later, Yoohwan,” she smiled causing him to smile back.

 

When she was lost in sight, the girls drooling over Yoohwan came to life once more. One from the bunch even dared ask him something.

 

“She isn’t someone very important to you, is she?” the lady with the curly-wave her asked with wide eyes.

“She’s my hyung’s special someone,” he answered making all the girls sighed in relief.

 

On the other hand, Jae Eun planned to surprise Yoochun. She quietly went inside the room where he stays, not even making a little sound and she covered his eyes with her pair of hands.

 

“Cheonsa, I know it’s you,” he called her angel.

“Eh, why do you keep on calling me angel when I am totally the opposite of it,” she sat down beside him.

“Says who?” he looked at her seriously, “your father? Oh come on! Do you even believe him?”

“Even if he doesn’t tell me, I know I am. I’m being a rebel child towards him.”

“That doesn’t make you a devil…” Yoochun said.

“That doesn’t make me an angel as well,” she stuck out her tongue.

“Until when do you plan to act like that in front of him?”

“As long as I could keep having a poker face in front of him, I can do it long enough.”

“You really didn’t call Mr. Kim your father eversince he told you not to, huh?”

“Of course, he’s like he disowned me since then.”

 

 

__________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

Annyeong, guys! Chapter 1 is up.
I don't know if it's short or long enough.
Also, sorry for not posting it yesterday as I promised.
I got something important to finish yesterday at our headquarters.

 

But I hope you'll somehow enjoy this one! :)

 

Thanks for subscribing and commenting.
I appreciate it so much.

 

-- barbieBOO --