09 H O M E

Father and Daughter

 

Chapter 8: It's much clearer if you ask your heart and not your mind

 

It was still dawn when Jae Eun felt the soft rays coming from the fluorescent light in the room darted her shut eyes. She opened her eyes slowly as it get used to it for quite some time. Jae Eun noticed an arm wrapped around her slim waist. Her cheeks instantaneously heated up when her brain pictured whose arm it was.

 

“I wish I could call you Jaejoong instead of ‘appa’…” her voice sulked then continued, “are you sure you really are my father?” she made a litany while puckering up her lips.

“We are not look-a-like…” was her statement, “I should be feeling I’m looking in front of the mirror when I face you, but it’s not what I see…” her hand automatically his smooth hair.

 

She continued doing that for the next few minutes while her mind drifted beyond her imaginations. After what seemed like hours, she felt Jaejoong stirred from his sleep causing her to cut her trails of thoughts.

 

“Oops! I’m sorry, did I wake you up?” she pulled back her hand.

“No, it’s okay…” Jaejoong replied sleepily, “why are you already awake?” lifting his gaze from his wrist watch, he asked.

“I don’t know? I just woke up without a reason…”

“Sleep…” he told her, “it’s still early,” Jaejoong held her right hand with his then caressed her cheek with his thumb, urging her to go back to her slumber.

 

Jae Eun did not argue with him. Hence, she shut her eyes tightly, insisting to herself she needed some more sleep as what Jaejoong have told her not too long ago. When Jaejoong saw that she had come back to sleep, he sighed and let out his thoughts.

 

“You really are the carbon-copy of your mom…” Jaejoong said looking up, “God! I miss you so much, Eunhye. I wish you are here so you could see how pretty your daughter is now.”

 

The sun is finally up! Jaejoong got her bag and prepared her things. Today is Jae Eun’s dismissal from the hospital, anyway. He couldn’t wait to take her home.

When Jae Eun woke up, she was told to prepare herself while Jaejoong takes care of the hospital bills outside.

 

“Come. Let’s go home,” Jaejoong held her beside him while they walk to the parking space where he left his car.

“I am so excited!” Jae Eun clasped her hands in too much excitement.

 

Jaejoong started reviving his engine and eventually pulled out the driveway after. He drove pass their Apgujeong, their house, which made Jae Eun scrunched up her nose.

 

“I thought we’re going home?” her naivety came out, “why didn’t you stop at our house?”

“Is that doctor sure she has this amnesia thing?” he muttered silently but still loud enough for Jae Eun to hear.

“Waeyo?”

“You seriously remember where you USED TO live?” Jaejoong emphasized those two words.

“But of course. It’s my home,” she said like a child, “and what’s with the USED TO?”

“And you didn’t even remember nor recognize me when you woke up after the accident?” he shots his eyes on her every once in a while, “I could’ve thought you’re just lying…”

“That’s not my problem,” Jae Eun crossed her arms on her chest, “it’s my brain’s fault for not remembering you.”

“Anyways, here we are…” Jaejoong stopped on a curb, “home sweet home,” he left those words hanging.

 

Their new house now resides at Gyeonggi-Do district.  Jae Eun has gaping widely at the sight of the beautifully painted white house. It wasn’t as big as the old one but she felt more comfort here.

 

“Jae-ah, close your mouth and let’s go inside, ne?” he teased.

“Ah, araseo…” she blushed due to embarassment.

 

Jaejoong led Jae Eun to her new room and both of them sat up on her bed. The wallpaper of her room was painted white and beige hinted cherry blossoms and sakura tree. It also looked even nicer when all her furnitures were decorated according the man concept of her room.

 

“Like it?” Jaejoong asked with a content smile on his face.

“Anio…” Jae Eun replied then shook her head making Jaejoong eyes popped out of its sockets, probably because of bewilderment, “I LOVE IT!!!” she giggled when she saw his indescribable expression.

 

Jae Eun then plopped herself on her bed, lying on her stomach while squealing like a child.

 

“I’ll cook food downstairs. Wanna help me?” Jaejoong earned a soft nod from his daughter.

 

Descended from upstairs, Jae Eun followed Jaejoong from behind his back. When they are already at the kitchen, Jae Eun got her apron and put it on herself, she grabbed the spatula on the counter and raised it up high.

 

“Behold!” she said, “almighty Jae Eun will be cooking! Bwahahaha…”

“Creepy…” she heard Jaejoong said, “you sounded like a monster,” Jae Eun looked at him who has a weird gaze towards her.

 

Jae Eun stuck her tongue out in return to his expression. They started with the food. Jae Eun gave all the vegetables she got from the fridge to Jaejoong. She watched him slice them skilfully when she felt a vibration from her pocket, made by her phone.

 

“Hey! Why did you call?”

“Why? You don’t want me to call?”

“It’s not that but… Aren’t you on class?”

 

Jaejoong then temporarily stopped from what he is doing when he heard Jae Eun talking on the phone.

 

“I’m guessing that’s Yoochun again,” was on his mind, “I was right, HIM again…” Jaejoong mumbled when he heard his name escaped Jae Eun’s mouth.

 

“Yoochun oppa, are you crazy? What if the teacher caught you calling me?”

“Easy, girl… The next teacher hasn’t come yet.”

“Oh, so that’s a relief.”

“Yeah. How are you?”

“I am totally fine. I have been dismissed already, by the way.”

“Jeongmal?”

“Ne.”

“So, where are you now?”

“Home…”

“I’ll pass by later after school.”

“Okay, I’ll see you around.”

 

It was after Jae Eun cut the call when she suddenly remembered she forgot to tell Yoochun about their new address.

 

“I forgot to tell him our new place…” she was about to text Yoochun when she heard Jaejoong said.

“Don’t tell anyone about this place,” Jaejoong, who continued cooking, told her, “never tell anybody, even Yoochun, about our new house yet.”

“But why?!” her voice enraged, not understanding him.

“Just do as I say…”

 

With Jaejoong’s last statement, Jae Eun stomped her feet away from his place going to the living room. She tried to make herself busy but she failed nonetheless. Her breaths became uneven. Must be because of Jaejoong’s order. Her forehead is also wrinkled. She finishes her angry-troll look with a cute pout on her face.

 

 

__________________________________________________________________________

 

 

Chapter Eight is UP!
I will be updating today, again, as soon as I finish the next one.
Hope you'll like this, mmkeii?

I SMELL WINTER IN SEOUL ON DECEMBER!
It's getting nearer :)))


MORE SUBSCRIBERS AND COMMENTS PLEASE?! ^___^
THANK YOU!

 

 

-- barbieBOO --