01 P R O LO G U E

Father and Daughter

Prologue: ONCE that could no longer be turned back from the start (It shouldn't have happened)

 

 

Being the type of a typical mother, Eunhye went to fetch her daughter from school. She was welcomed in through the gates. Trails of unusual thoughts entered her mind but were immediately shrugged off when a cute girl around six years old popped out of nowhere.

 

“Umma…” Eunhye was greeted by the little girl with a warm hug, “annyeong!”

“Oh my, Jae Eun!” her reflexes automatically reached for her and carried her with her arms, “I missed you my baby.”

“I missed you, too. But umma, we just saw each other this morning,” Jae Eun thought hard if something went wrong, “waeyo? What’s wrong? Did you and appa fight?” she bombarded her consecutive questions to answer all of her confusions in her mind.

“Why? Can’t I say I miss you when I really do?” her eyes searched for the little girl’s.

“You can but it’s so unusual of you.”

“Don’t worry, baby, nothing bad happened. I just really missed you,” Eunhye snuggled at the crook of her neck and kissed her gently, “want to go for some ice cream?”

“For real?” Jae Eun forgetting about her mom’s recent behaviour, got all excited asking her to which she just nodded happily to, “yeahey! To what ice cream shop are we going?”

“Where do you want to eat your ice cream?” she let the girl down to her feet and faced her, “Baskin Robins or Time-Out?”

“Let’s go to Time-Out!” Jae Eun raised her hands up in excitement, “Yoochun oppa and his family owns the shop at Apgujeong, umma.”

“Oh, Apgujeong. It’s just near our house. Okay let’s go there,” then they exited to school gates, “and I really want to meet this Yoochun you are always talking about.”

“Why do you want to meet him?” the little girl furrowed her eyebrows.

“Well, I could see my baby likes him…” Eunhye when all she got from her is a shriek.

“Umma, what are you talking about?” you could see her eyes widened in surprise, “I don’t like him.”

“Really now, huh?” the older woman kept on teasing her.

“I really don’t,” she defended herself, “it’s just that he’s the only kind person in our class who became a very a closed friend to me,” talking like a matured lady, her mom laughed out heartily.

“Alright, my sweetie. No need to lose too much breath because of that.”

“But I needed to prove myself to you that I only see him as a friend,” she pouted her pink lips cutely.

 

The two of them are presently walking side by side the roads leading Apgujeong. Suddenly, Jae Eun got off the tight grip of her mom and happily crossed the road ahead of her mom. Unknown to her, there was a car who sped up the road not even caring if there are people crossing the street.

Eunhye’s gaze fell on the car speeding up Jae Eun’s way. She was able to push her back but wasn’t really able to save herself from the car crashing her body. The tall man went out his car and ran near the body of Eunhye like what everybody did, who also saw the commotion.

Jae Eun then got shocked to see her mom’s body covered with blood. She yelled and cried loudly.

 

“Umma! Yah, wake up!” she screamed to her while shaking her body lightly, “wake up! You can’t sleep on the floor. Everybody’s looking at us. Wake up, that’s not our bed,” she continued venting out.

“Child, I’m so sorry, I didn’t mean to…” the man felt apologetic to the innocent child trying to wake her mom up, “I already called an ambulance. Don’t shake her too much.”

“Ahjussi, please help my mom,” Jae Eun reached out for the man of Eunhye’s age.

 

On the other hand, hours have already passed and it started to bother Jaejoong, who got home from work very early since it’s a Friday. He kept on glancing at his wrist watch.

 

“Where are they? It’s already 4PM yet they still aren’t home,” he breathed.

 

A few more minutes of pacing to different directions, an unknown number flashed on the screen of Jaejoong’s phone. He hesitated to answer it at first but he picked it up thereafter, thinking it’s important.

 

“Appa!” he heard a shaking voice over at the end of the line, which he recognized immediately.

“Jae Eun-ah?” Jaejoong kept hearing her cry, “why are you crying? Where are you? Where is your mom?” the thought he has on mind worried him a lot more.

“Umma…” Jae Eun couldn’t tell him straight, “s- she’s…”

“She’s what?!”

“She’s covered with blood,” the verge of all her tears finally broke down.

“WHAT?! Where are you now?”

“A man took us at the hospital.”

“Where is it?” Jaejoong got his keys and went to the car park to get his car, waiting for her reply, “hurry up!”

“It’s in Young-Ae General Hospital!”

 

Jaejoong drove his car fast but with full of care. He reached his destination in no time. He went rushing all the way where Eunhye is.

 

“Jaejoong Appa!” Jae Eun was the first one he saw when paced slower.

“Baby, where is your mom? Is she okay?”

“I don’t know,” a man then replied on behalf of her.

“Hyung, I’m so sorry. She suddenly crossed the street without even looking at the stop light,” he felt sorry.

“What? Sorry? You’ve already endangered her! You should’ve stopped driving even before she collided into your car!” Jaejoong nearly punched the guy.

“Look here, I said I’m sorry. If it weren’t because of her baby who didn’t cross the street all of a sudden, then this might not have happened,” he put all the blame to Jae Eun.

“What?” Jaejoong’s glance shifted to Jae Eun and shook his head in disbelief, he was about to question her when the doctor came out the operating room.

“How is my wife?” he walked nearer, waiting for a good answer.

“Are you Mrs. Kim’s husband?” the doctor in white uniform asked receiving a nod from the man he asked, “I’m so sorry, we couldn’t save her. Her brain was badly damaged due to the car accident,” he announced feeling sorry.

“Why didn’t you do your best to save her?”

“We did. But then, she didn’t survive longer,” with that, the man walked away.

“NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!” Jaejoong broke down.

“Appa!” his little girl went to hug him but he pushed her.

“Get away from me! You were the cause of all this!” he blamed the crying girl, who cried even harder.

“No, appa. I’m so sorry.”

“I thought we reminded you not to cross the street by yourself especially when the cars are moving?!”

“Sorry, I didn’t know.”

“It can’t take back your mom’s life.”

“Sorry, appa.”

“Stop it already! From now on, don’t you dare call me appa,” he reminded her while pointing at her.

 

They waited for the day of her burial. Her cremated body were turned to ashes placed in a special container. It was placed inside an enclosed wall in the area of those who died. With one last glance to Eunhye’s container, he left.

Eversince then, Jae Eun tried to distance herself from her dad, Jaejoong, who also did the same. Never would she call him dad since the day he told her to refrain from calling him so.

 

 

_______________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

Wow! I was surprised with the number of subscribers I got, although it was only foreword I've posted.
Well, thank you so much! I'm really surprised.
I posted here the prologue of the story. Hope this won't ruin your expectations to this story.

Hihi, I will be posting the first chapter in a bit.

 

Thank you again, guys :)

More subscribers and comments to come!

 

-- barbieBOO --