08 S W E E T

Father and Daughter

 

Chapter 7: Never let someone so precious diminish by your side

 

“At least… I didn’t lose her as what I have done to Eunhye, her parents, and mine…” was his last sigh after exiting Jae Eun’s room, “I’ll make sure she wouldn’t slip in my hands. I would have died as well if she didn’t survive,” Jaejoong told himself.

 

During the whole week stay of Jae Eun at the hospital, Jaejoong surely finds time to visit her as promised. He also makes it sure he wouldn’t go there empty-handed, just like now.

 

“Hello, baby…” Jaejoong went inside her room without knocking on the door, “have you eaten already?”

“No,” Jae Eun kept her stare outside the window.

“Here…” he said, pulling a chair near her bedside, “I’ve brought you porridge,” he showed her the container when her attention reverted to the food.

“I’m sick of eating porridge everyday!” whining like a child, her stomach suddenly growled making her embarrassed all of a sudden.

“Oh really?” Jaejoong , “but your tummy says the otherwise, baby.”

“Oh, come on! Not again…” words slipped out immediately after hearing him calling her ‘baby’ for the nth time.

“Waeyo?” her father then reacted.

“Don’t you call me ‘baby’…” she said while pointing her index finger to him, “I’m not a child,” and then she felt her heart beat furiously.

“Eh?” Jaejoong thought twice, “ah, araseo. Just eat, okay?” he opened the container and spooned some of the porridge attempting to feed her.

“I’ll do it,” Jae Eun caught the sppon and the container from his grasp.

 

Despite Jae Eun’s cold demeanour towards him, Jaejoong didn’t feel bad. Hence, he watched her every move with a smile plastered on his face.

 

“Aigoo~ where’s that Yoochun?” she mumbled, “aish! I miss him already,” she muttered silently under her breath but was still loud enough for Jaejoong to hear.

“Him again?” Jaejoong in his mind, pertaining to Yoochun, “if I didn’t know any better, I would really think they are an ‘in-love’ couple,” he stated in his mind.

 

Right then, he saw Jae Eun smiling crazily with her phone on her left hand. She’s probably exchanging messages with Yoochun already.

 

“Aigoo, my Yoochun oppa is really something…” she said outloud with a hint of happiness in her voice.

“What did he say?” Jaejoong became curious.

“Nothing,” his curiosity then grew on him after hearing her reply.

“Is my daughter crazy?” he furrowed his brows at the thought then shook it off thereafter, “you will be dismissed tomorrow. Are you sure it’s alright with you to stay with me?” he opened another conversation.

“It’s just fine with me. Well, I don’t know if it’s okay with YOU…” she pointed out, munching on her bagels.

“Of course, it’s fine with me.”

“Okay…” Jae Eun said.

 

The same day, it was turning 5PM and Jaejoong started to feel tired causing him to plop his head on Jae Eun’s bed. Jae Eun shook him gently and when she knew he already fell asleep, she just let his head stay there for a while.

Moments after, the door opened and there stood Yoochun. Jae Eun motioned for him to come closer to which Yoochun obliged to.

 

“How’s school?”

“The usual…” he replied putting on a tired face, “but school seems not a school to me when you’re nowhere near me there…” he added.

“You’re so absurd!” Jae Eun hit him lightly, “we’re not even twins…” she giggled.

“Yeah, I know. But I’m already used it.”

“Araseo araseo. I know,” she smiled, “I miss school so much!”

“You’ll be coming soon, won’t you?”

“Of course!” she shouted waking Jaejoong up, “oops! Mianhe…” she put on a crazy grin on her face.

“It’s alright…” Jaejoong patted her head in assurance.

“It’s nice to see you again, Sir Kim,” Yoochun bowed.

“Same here,” he acknowledged his greeting, “I’ll go home now. I still need to arrange things in the house,” he stood up.

 

After Jaejoong left, the two continued their conversation until Yoochun received a call from his mom. He was ordered by Mrs. Park to go home because of an emergency. He excused himself and told Jae Eun he is sorry that he couldn’t be with her as promised.

 

“Great!” she exasperated, “now I am all alone in this creepy hospital,” right then her mind pictured a white ghost which made her startled.

 

Out of fear, she quickly got her phone and made a text message. Her fingers are shaking a bit.

 

“ Appa, I’m alone in the hospital. Are you busy? Please come here… I am scared :’( “

 

Before she could even think of what she is doing, she had already sent the message to Jaejoong. She received a reply from him in no time.

 

“ I’ll be there. Where is he? I thought he’d watch over you for the night? “

 

Jae Eun read his reply. She sat up with her legs pulled closer to her chest. She hugged it and let her head touch her knees. Jae Eun waited till her father could arrive.

 

“Kwenchana, Jae-ah?” it was Jaejoong who just reached her place, “kwenchana?” he held her shoulders.

“I’m okay. Thank you for coming,” she hugged him tightly, still can’t manage to hide her fright.

“I thought Yoochun will be staying here?” seriousness in his voice can be traced.

“He said his mom called him because there was an emergency.”

“Araseo, you should sleep now…” he told her, “it’s already late.”

 

Jae Eun gave him a look which made him laugh at her cuteness.

 

“I’ll be here. I won’t leave you, okay?” Jaejoong patted the space in her bed, urging her to sleep.

 

As Jae Eun closed her eyes, she made sure Jaejoong’s hands are on her grasp. Jaejoong then caressed her hair gently in assurance he won’t go elsewhere. He also hummed a song for her to sleep well.

 

“Sweet dreams, princess…” he gave her a peck on her right cheek.

 

Even if Jae Eun is already sleeping, her cheeks still tinged a shade of light pink when his lips made a contact on the surface of her face.

 

 

_____________________________________________________________________

 

Okay, guys. I know this should be a good chapter but it turned out bad, I guess?
I promise I’ll post up on Sunday when I am already in Seoul, kay?
And I’ll make sure the next chapter wouldn’t disappoint you.

 

Love you all, guys :]

 

More subscribers and More comments.

Please stay tuned!

 

 

-- barbieBOO --