07 M E M O R I E S

Father and Daughter

 

Chapter 6: He, who couldn't be remembered

 

After the accident, people started to hover around Jae Eun’s seemingly lifeless body. One from the bunch didn’t lose the presence of mind as he himself calls for a help. As soon as the ambulance arrived, Jae Eun was rushed in to the nearest hospital.

She was immediately admitted in an operating room so that they could save her. Right then, during the process, the hospital secretary called two persons from her contacts― (1) Jaejoong, who is the first person in her speed dial, and (2) Yoochun, who is the only person in her recent log, and is the second in her speed dial.

Yoochun, upon finding out about it, excused himself from school earlier before the school’s usual dismissal. While, Jaejoong, thought twice at first before going to the hospital.

When Yoochun and Jaejoong reached the given place of the hospital, Jae Eun just survived the operation and was already led to her private ward. Yoochun ran to where her room is. Jaejoong, on the other hand, came later than Yoochun did. He made few paces outside her ward before finally giving up, and just go inside to see her.

 

“H- How is she?” Jaejoong, from behind, pronounced the words nervously seeing his daughter in this state.

“She’s…” before replying, he looked at his back, “obviously, not okay,” he gave him a cold answer.

“Jae Eun…” Jaejoong whimpered, running beside Jae Eun, holding her hands tightly, “I’m happy you’re safe…” he let his forehead touch her arms, bowing it slightly.

“I guess… You already realized the things you have done to her?” Yoochun’s statement came out as a question instead, not certain for what he is saying.

 

Jaejoong didn’t answer instead, he just nodded his head, agreeing to what his daughter’s friend said.

 

“That’s good!” he said, “my bestfriend will be very happy…” he flashed a sweet smile while looking at Jae Eun’s sleeping figure.

 

A few more look at her, Jae Eun seemed feeling the stares Yoochun is sending her, she stirred from her sleep and voiced out a groan. Later on, she woke up from her rest and tried to sit up while holding her aching head.

 

“JAE EUN!” both Yoochun and Jaejoong exclaimed, happy to see her alright.

“Yoochun oppa!” her gaze fell upon the standing figure of her friend, “what happened to me? And why am I here?”

“You had an accident a while ago. And thank God, you’re safe!” Yoochun shoved Jaejoong away from her bedside and hugged her tightly.

“Too tight, oppa!” Jae Eun exclaimed letting Yoochun loosen his hug.

 

In the middle of their conversation, Jae Eun noticed Jaejoong, who is sitting in a corner of the room, silently watching them with jealous eyes.

 

“Yoochun oppa, who is he?” she pointed to the man, narrowing her eyes from thinking he is someone familiar.

“What do you mean who is he?” Yoochun raised his eyebrows, “you don’t know who he is?”

“Waeyo? Is he someone that I know?” Jae Eun argued with him, “perhaps, he is the one who helped me here???”

“Baby, don’t you remember me?” finally, Jaejoong asked her, certain that she is not acting.

“BABY?!” she shrieked, “who the hell are you?! Why are you calling me baby?!”

“Eun-ah, calm down!” Yoochun waved his hands in front of her, “he is your father. You really don’t remember him?” his eyes widened.

“My father?” her gaze softened then, “who do you think you are kidding, huh?”

“Kim Jae Eun!” holding his head in confusion, Yoochun addressed her whole name, “nobody is kidding around. Trust me!”

“Then why doesn’t he look like one, huh?”

 

Before one of the two could answer, a doctor came inside with a brown envelop on hand. All their queries were turned to the man in white uniform, instead.

 

“Doctor, why does she remember everything except me?” Jaejoong’s eyes are filled with worries.

“That’s why I came here, I wanted to announce a sad news…”

“What is it?” Yoochun asked.

“Miss Kim is currently suffering from Lacunar Amnesia.”

“What about it? And how long would it take her for her memories to come back?”

“First of all, Lacunar Amnesia is a disease or a type of amnesia in which one person seemed to block events she forcefully doesn’t want to remember anymore. And second, I apologize, I couldn’t give out specific date when her memories would come back,” the doctor announced, “but both of you might want to help her instead.”

 

After saying all what he has to proclaim, he then left. Leaving the three behind, Yoochun and Jaejoong silently.

 

“I think he is talking about YOU and the things you’ve done to her in particular,” Yoochun pointed to him.

“I know,” Jaejoong looked more desperate than before.

“So, what do you plan to do now, Sir Kim?”

“I don’t know, really,” he announced and let out a sigh, “why don’t you take her with you at home first?”

“Huh? What?” Yoochun darted him dagger looks, “I’m not throwing my bestfriend away, okay? But I think you should take her home with you, especially now that I know you wouldn’t do anything bad to her anymore.”

“But will she want to live with me?”

“She will.”

“How did you know?”

“Trust me!”

 

Yoochun left Jaejoong and walked back to Jae Eun. He whispered something to her making her look at him weirdly. Before she could agree with what he said, she asked him.

 

“Are you really sure he’s my father?” her eyes widened, “I mean… Look at him, he doesn’t look like an old man fit to be called ‘appa’. Better yet, he could be called a ert man, instead,” she said that made Yoochun giggled.

“Don’t be silly, baby girl,” he patted her head, “you wanna see your birth certificate so you would believe me?” he dared.

“Araseo, araseo…”

“Finally!” Yoochun pumped his fists up in the air, “you agreed!”

“She agreed?” Jaejoong butted in.

“Yes.”

“Thank you, Yoochun-ah.”

“No problem, Sir Kim. Just promise me, you’ll take care of her from now on,” Yoochun said to which Jaejoong nodded to.

“I gotta go now. I’ll be back when she is about to be dismissed here, okay?” Jaejoong patted Yoochun’s back, “but I’ll be visiting her everyday.”

“Ne.”

“I’ll be back, baby. Take care, ne?” Jaejoong gave her a kiss on her forehead before leaving.

 

Jae Eun held her chest after his kiss. In her mind it was like ‘why the hell would my heart beat eratically? Jae Eun, that’s your father, okay?!’

 

 

_____________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

Okay, update!

Don't you think it's a li'l be fast?
Or is it just okay?

Anyway, I hope you'll like it (as always) :]


Stay tuned for more happenings, ne?


More Subscribers and Lovely Comments :))))



THANK YOU ALL, GUYS!
I LOVE YOU! Mwaaahh

 

The Royal Crowns <-- SUBSCRIBE TO THIS ONE, TOO :)

 

 

-- barbieBOO --