06 S A M E

Father and Daughter

 

Chapter 5: Ain't gonna stop until it's almost going to be the same

 

Jae Eun was only walking in going home. It was already 9:35PM that time so it is not really safe for her to go home alone. Luckily, when she was on her way to Gangnam, she met Yoochun.

 

“Jae Eun, I thought you are already at home?”

“Well, obviously, not yet…” she replied a matter-of-factly.

“It’s not safe for a yound lady to walk home all alone, you know,” Yoochun seemed to care for her so much, “I’ll take you home…”

“Haha, okay. I could no longer turn down your offer anyway,” she giggled.

 

They reached her home at exactly almost 10PM. They part ways as soon as Yoochun is sure enough she is safe. He was then about to walk away when he heard loud shouts coming from inside the Kim’s residence. At first, he didn’t want to meddle but he later on thought her dad is already too much this time so he decided to go see her.

As soon as he grabbed the doorknob and twisted it, opening the door, he witnessed how her father slapped her on the face. Before jae Eun could lose her balance from the impact, Yoochun quickly went to her side and held her shoulders for support.

 

“Why do you keep on breaking my rules?” with overflowing mixed emotions, he asked, “how many times do I have to stick in your mind about going straight at home after class, huh?”

“Why the hell would you still interfere in my life?” her hand sprung up to the side of the cheek her father slapped, while her eyes, on the other hand, slightly teared up.

“Are you okay?” Yoochun asked her in a whisper-like voice, earning a soft nod from Jae Eun.

“You are ‘my daughter’… How do you expect me to feel when you go home late very often?” Jaejoong asked, showing a bit of care for the first time after what seemed like forever.

“Oh, so you still care for your daughter, huh?” she asked sarcastically, “I thought you’ve already disowned me long ago?” scoffing, she finally regained her composure.

“Of course I do.”

“Since when did you care about me again all of a sudden?”

“I am your dad. I always care for you… Didn’t you notice that?”

“No, you don’t. Eversince that day mom left us, you no longer cared about me. You even told me to keep myself away from you, remember? You also wouldn’t let me address you my father…” she vented out everything, “dad, you asked me if I even notice your comfort and care for me? I’m sorry but I can’t see it. All you do is picking on me…”

“Damn you, Jae Eun! Your mom and I didn’t raise you just for you to turn like that!” Jaejoong punched the marble table near him.

“Don’t you ever dare return me all the accusations!” the tension in the room raised even more, “I wouldn’t be like this if it wasn’t because of you!”

“What? So, now you’re implying I’m the one who’s at fault?”

“I’m not. I’m just saying so…” she stated, “your hatred towards me have pushed me to all these kinda stuffs. Your words, too, sunk in my mind that has changed me.”

 

Jaejoong kept mum. She was right! He was root of all these. He acted like a greedy child since the very beginning. Jaejoong thought that he has not blamed her for she doesn’t know much about everything back then. All his thoughts made her body slumped down the floor. He couldn’t take it anymore.

Meanwhile, Jae Eun, with a heavy-heart, pulled Yoochun out the house. She asked him whether she could stay at their place for the meantime or not, during the process. And he gladly agreed to her.

 

“Cheonsa-eun, kwenchana?” he had to shake her body a bit.

“Yes, don’t worry. I am okay,” she replied nonchalantly, “but oppa…”

“Ne?”

“I don’t want to go home yet.”

“Then stay here as long as you want to.”

“Is it okay? I- I mean, how about umma and Yoohwan? Is it okay with them?”

“I will talk to them tomorrow morning. But don’t worry about it, I’m sure they will agree with.”

“Jeongmal komawoyo, oppa…” Jae Eun hugged him tightly, “what would I do without you?”

 

Back at Kim’s residence, Jaejoong still felt weak from what happened earlier. His mind couldn’t register everything. He couldn’t believe his daughter suffered for almost a decade in his hands.

Meanwhile, Yoochun tucked Jae Eun on his bed while he, on the other hand, lied on the floor beside his bed.

Just as soon as the day shifted, the already-dressed Yoochun tried to wake Jae Eun but he felt that her temperature is hotter than last night. He decided that he won’t let her go to school for the meantime. Before he goes to school, he placed a tray on the bedside table. There, he left her a hot porridge with a water and medicine.

When Yoochun is already not around, Jae Eun woke up and ate the food Yoochun made for her. She was the only one at home which made her bored.

She decided to go for a walk admist her illness or her high temperature.

As Jae Eun waits for the stoplight to turn its headlights from red to green, her mind started to drift back from last night’s encounter with her father, Jaejoong. Her heart felt weak as she memorized some of his lines.

 

“You are ‘my daughter’… How do you expect me to feel when you go home late very often?” Jaejoong asked, showing a bit of care for the first time after what seemed like forever.

“Oh, so you still care for your daughter, huh?” she asked sarcastically, “I thought you’ve already disowned me long ago?” scoffing, she finally regained her composure.

“Of course I do.”

“Since when did you care about me again all of a sudden?”

“I am your dad. I always care for you… Didn’t you notice that?”

 

“Since when? I never seem to feel your comfort,” she stared from afar remembering what he said.

 

“Damn you, Jae Eun! Your mom and I didn’t raise you just for you to turn like that!” Jaejoong punched the marble table near him.

“Don’t you ever dare return me all the accusations!” the tension in the room raised even more, “I wouldn’t be like this if it wasn’t because of you!”

“What? So, now you’re implying I’m the one who’s at fault?”

 

“It has always been me…” still not gaining back her presence of mind, she stepped on the pedestrian lanes little by little.

 

Jae Eun didn’t seem to care if she’s walking across in a slow mode with the headlights still not changing its sign. After making a few steps, a car hit her body. Just like what happened to her mom.

 

“Umma! Yah, wake up!” she screamed to her while shaking her body lightly, “wake up! You can’t sleep on the floor. Everybody’s looking at us. Wake up, that’s not our bed,” she continued venting out.

“Child, I’m so sorry, I didn’t mean to…” the man felt apologetic to the innocent child trying to wake her mom up, “I already called an ambulance. Don’t shake her too much.”

“Ahjussi, please help my mom,” Jae Eun reached out for the man of Eunhye’s age.

 

 

_______________________________________________________________________________________

 

I’ve updated this already.
Hope you’ll eventually like this one.

Oh, btw, I’ve come to tell you to check out my other fic.

The Royal Crowns

Hope you'll like both this and the other one.

 

Thank you subscribers.
Please comment and subscribe.

 

-- barbieBOO --