10 M O M E N T S

Father and Daughter

Chapter 8: Everything starts with a simple word

 

 

Jaejoong was almost done with the food when he noticed Jae Eun still sulking on the sofa bed. He muffled his laughs when he saw her rolling on in while ruffling her hair. Until he could no longer keep it to himself, he shouted.

 

“Bakemono! Stop ruining my furnitures!” he made a hearty laugh.

“Bakemono?” Jae Eun stopped her actions then asked herself, “yah! What is bakemono?!”

“Oh, it means ‘princess’…” he lied with what he said when all in his mind, it’s really a monster.

“Aish! What does it mean, really?” she walked nearer to him as she insisted to know.

“You’re really that eager to know?”

“But of course,” she scoffed boastfully.

“Araseo, I’ll tell you later,” Jaejoong kissed her forehead, he already got used to it.

“Why not now?” the lifted corners of went down.

“Because it’s already time to eat…” he placed the pot of dish on the table as Jae Eun helped him by putting utensils and plates around.

“So, what is a BAKEMONO?” Jae Eun asked when they started eating.

“A word.”

“That’s not what I wanted to hear…” she whined.

“It’s a Japanese word.”

“So, what does it mean?!” Jae Eun sounded she’s losing patience.

“Princess, that’s what it means,” Jaejoong hid his laugh with a serious face.

“Oh no, I don’t believe you.”

“Then don’t…” Jaejoong pulled out his tongue, teasing her.

“Yah! Kim Jae Joong, tell me now or I will…”

“You will what?” Jaejoong looked at her hands which were wrapped around his arm.

“Oh, please…” Jae Eun begged, “just tell me???”

“Bakemono is a…” Jaejoong started, “monster…” he whispered the last word to her.

“Aish! I really hate you!” letting go of his arm, she hit him hard, “why did you tell me?”

“You urged me…” he said a matter-of-factly while raising his hands up high as if surrendering to a police.

 

After their having their ‘Brunch’, Jae Eun did the dishes while Jaejoong rested himself on the sofa, where Jae Eun was a while ago. Jaejoong saw her phone lying on the glass table, he picked it up and went straight to the messages directory.

 

“Yoochun. Yoochun. Yoochun. Yoochun. Yoochun.Yoochun…” his eyes couldn’t believe they are actually reading the name Yoochun all over again as he continued scrolling down, “Jae Eun, I miss you. I love you bb,” Jaejoong’s eyes popped out of its sockets when he read one of his SMS.

“What are they for real?!” he reacted then felt startled when he heard Jae Eun coming closer.

 

Before Jae Eun could even reach his place, he quickly took the phone back from where it originally stayed earlier. And then he acted like he didn’t do anything.

 

“Appa…”

“Ne?” he swallowed the ball of saliva forming on his throat.

“I have a favor to ask you,” she sat down beside him, close enough for a skinship to be done.

“What is it?”

“Can I call you Jaejoong dropping out or without the preceding APPA?” Jae Eun asked swiftly without having second thoughts.

“EH?!” Jaejoong turned his head to her side and it made him even surprised when he saw that their faces are just a couple of inches away to each other, “waeyo? That would be so disrespectful of you…” he reasoned out.

“Well, you don’t look like my appa,” she stated, “more like a brother or a boyfriend,” she whispered the last word to herself.

“But I still am your father. No matter how young I look, you should call me father, dad, or appa.”

“Okay, you said so yourself,” Jae Eun simply replied, “you don’t want to feel too old, do you?” she straightened her posture and shifted her gaze on the television.

“She isn’t mad, is she?” Jaejoong noticed the sudden change in her voice, “araseo araseo, call me whatever you want,” was his last decision, actually he, too, was taken aback with what he said.

“REALLY?!” too delighted, she didn’t mind being too close to him.

“Yeah yeah…” he said sarcastically.

“Jaejoong… Hihihi…” she giggled, “it suits you well.”

“Great! Now, why did I agree to her?” he scolded himself silently, “but why is she so happy with not addressing me as her appa? Weird girl…” he shook his head lightly.

 

Later that day, both Jaejoong and Jae Eun got bored staying home alone with just the two of them.

 

“Jaejoong,” Jae Eun shook Jaejoong’s body gently when he closed his eyes.

“Take me out this house. It’s getting gloomy in here…”

“Where to?”

“Anywhere…”

“But I’m tired,” he complained.

“Come on. Let’s just walk around. It won’t be that bad,” her voice seemed convincing to his ears, letting him agree for the second time around.

“Aish! Okay~ you girl, really…” he pinched her nose, “you’re too cute to be resisted.”

 

As soon as they got out of their house, Jae Eun held his hand, swaying it from time to time as they walk in the quiet place of Gyeonggi-do. They were met by the cool summer breeze when Jaejoong took her to a flower garden near their place.

 

“I never knew there is actually this kind of place here…” she giggled finally letting go of Jaejoong’s hand while she went to pick some pink flowers.

“She’s so beautiful…” for once, Jaejoong felt happiness again after the heartbreaking incident ten years ago, “I didn’t know you love flowers?” Jaejoong squatted beside her.

“Why didn’t you know? WAE?”

Instead of answering her, he asked her back, “so, what kind of flowers do you love in particular?”

“I love almost all of them but I love TULIPS the most!” she beamed while Jaejoong noted it in his mind.

“Have you gotten one from someone or anybody yet?”

“As far as I could reminisce, nobody has given me tulips before,” she wore a frown on her face after telling Jaejoong about it.

“Nobody? Not even Yoochun?”

“Ne,” her voice sounded sad, “I often tell him about that but he keeps on forgetting about it.”

“Oh…”

“Nevertheless, it’s just fine. I don’t care,” Jae Eun ignored her sad feelings but instead, she continued picking flowers.

“Are you sure you want to spend the rest of the day with those flowers?”

“Huh?”

“I still have somewhere else to take you,” he smiled and offered his hand for her to hold, which she gladly accepted.

“Eodisseo?”

“Just wait and see…”

 

A few more walks and they finally stopped on a beach. There they could see the sun almost setting. The both of them watched the colors change from yellow to orange until the surroundings eventually turned dark.

Upon the rest of that day, they were like a new couple who are starting to get to know each other more.

 

 

_________________________________________________________________________

 

Hey, guys~ another update.
I know some of you are already waiting for the or part.
You'll get to read of those parts, SOON!
I PROMISE :)))


Anyway, I hope you'll like this one.


MORE SUBSCRIBERS AND COMMENTS TO COME!

I will be updating the other fic of mine right now.
Read the 2nd chapter, okay?
You'll be happy of it KKKKKK XD

 

 

-- barbieBOO --