11 H I D D E N A F F E C T I O N

Father and Daughter

Chapter 10: A change of heart is not that bad after all

 

 

A few days after that night, everything went back to normal, in a good way, of course. Jae Eun has started school again while Jaejoong has become not only a better father to her, but he also played the role much higher to that title.

One Monday, Jaejoong requested to take Jae Eun to school before he goes to work, which Jae Eun gladly accepted nonetheless.

 

“I’ll see you later…” Jaejoong’s knuckles never left the stirring wheel but his gaze went on Jae Eun’s side.

“I will miss you,” in a sweet voice, Jae Eun said with a pout.

“Waeyo?” confused but contented, “we will be seeing each other at 5PM anyway.”

“Even so, I’ll still miss you, Jaejoong…”

“Araseo. Miss me all you want,” he chuckled before saying, “I’ll miss you, too,” he said in a very low voice.

“Hihihi… So, I shall go then,” she said, “someone’s waiting for me outside…” Jaejoong looked at the direction where her finger is pointing, and it made him somehow… DISAPPOINTED.

 

Even before Jaejoong could say anything, he felt lips touching his cheek. It was Jae Eun’s.

 

“Bye bye, ne?” was her statement to which Jaejoong nodded to, “take care and drive safely.”

 

Then Jae Eun finally left his side, already walking to the path leading to where Yoochun is currently standing― right in front of the gate. Jaejoong did not drive away just yet, hence, he stayed there for a bit more. He had this feeling of wanting to eye the both of them.

 

“Yoochun-ah!” Jae Eun squealed.

“Princess,” he greeted back, “good morning.”

“Good morning, too,” Jae Eun sprung her hand up, brushing off the dirt on Yoochun’s hair, “so, how are you?”

“I’m fine,” Yoochun smiled sweetly at her, “but you know what? Let’s talk while walking. Class is about to start in a few minutes.”

“Eum~ okay,” they interlaced fingers before walking ahead.

 

Meanwhile, Jaejoong, who is still not leaving where he is, felt his eyes burned quite a little. After that, he just shrugged off the feeling and left for his work.

 

“Good morning, everyone,” the teacher greeted.

“Good morning, Ms. Han,” everyone greeted back to her with smiles plastered on their faces.

“I will be announcing the final rankings of the honor students for this year.”

 

Everyone felt delighted, even Yoochun and Jae Eun exchanged happy glances to each other as they are both running as honor students. But the moment is cut off for the meantime when the teacher broke it with her announcement.

 

“Valedictorian is Choi Soojin, Salutatorian is Park Yoochun, 3rd honors is Shim Changmin, 4th honors is Kim Jae Eun, 5th honors is Kim Junsu, 6th honors is Bae Suji, 7th honors is Jung Yunho, 8th honors is Kim Minkyung, 9th honors will be Bae Seulgi, and last but not the least, 10th honors is Park Cheondung,” she finished it all off by lifting her gaze up from her paper, “to all of you who made it to this year’s top students, Chukahaeyo!” Ms. Han started clapping her hands as everybody in class followed her.

 

Everything went smoothly in class that day. Classes passed by just like a snap and it’s already time for their dismissal. Jae Eun went out of their homeroom with Yoochun. She sways her head from time to time as if she’s waiting for someone else. Well, true enough.

 

“Jae Eun, how would you like celebrating with me today at our house?” Yoochun asked her with hopeful eyes, “and speaking of HOUSE, you still haven’t told me where you are living now,” he smirked.

“Oh, I am so sorry, oppa but I can’t spend much time with you today…” she said still looking from side to side of the gate.

“Why not?” he sounded disappointed, “and, hey! Why do you seem so jittery today, huh?” he cupped her face while searching for eyes with worries.

 

Jae Eun was about to answer him when a honk from the car beeped loudly at them. Jae Eun looked at it and became so jumpy all of a sudden which made Yoochun gaze at her in confusion.

 

“JAEJOONG!” Jae Eun ran to his side when he went out from the car.

“Huh? Jaejoong?” Yoochun asked himself, “why not appa?”

“I missed you so much!” she gave him the tightest hug.

“I did, too,” Jaejoong smiled at her affectionately while ruffling her hair.

“Oh, Yoochun oppa!” waving her hands to get his attention, “we’ll be going, now, ne?” Yoochun just nodded at her.

 

At Jae Eun’s home, both went to their separate rooms first to change their outfits to a comfy one. Inside Jaejoong’s room, he sat on his bedside while holding an old frame containing his and Eunhye’s photo. He smiled at the sight, caressing it using his thumb.

 

“Eunhye it has been ten years exactly now since you’ve gone in our life,” he started off, “I should let you go now, right?” he felt his eyes getting teary by the second but he prevented tears from falling down.

“You told me that if anything happens to you, you want me to continue being happy and just move on, ne?” he said lowly, “…the time has come, my love. I’m moving on just like what you told me to.”

“You must remember how much I love you,” with one last glance on the picture he said, “I love you so much,” he then hid it on a big box.

 

Jaejoong got rid off of the things that remind him of Eunhye. The memories he created with Eunhye long ago will now be forgotten. Along with everything in the box, he also took off the wedding ring from his finger and put it there, too.

He went out off his room with a new hope and probably, a new chapter of his life. Jaejoong tiptoed silently to the kitchen and found Jae Eun cooking already.

 

“OMO!” Jae Eun squealed in fright when she felt a pair of arms hugged her from behind.

“What are you cooking, hmm?” Jaejoong asked as he rested his chin on her shoulder.

“Ddeokkbeokki?” her mind can’t function well so her answer came out on as a question, instead.

“Hahaha, do you even know how to make that?”

“Of course, I do,” she turned her head on the left side trying to look at him, “waeyo?”

“You should do it right, ne?” he let go of her, “Ddeokkbeokki is my favorite…” Jaejoong wiggled his brows playfully.

“Wahhhhhhhhh~ jeongmal?” when Jaejoong nodded at her, she started to hyperventilate, “oh my God! Oh my God! Oh my God!” Jaejoong still had to hold her shoulders to make her stop.

“Yah! Stop it,” he giggled then gave her lips a peck.

 

 

 

____________________________________________________________________________

 

 

An update for you guys!
Hope you'll lke it Hehehehe
The start of everything is NOW!
SERIOUSLY, NOW!

 

More SUBSCRIBERS AND COMMENTS!



I LOVE YOU ALL! MWAHHH!

 

 

-- barbieBOO --