04 P A I N

Father and Daughter

 

Chapter 3: Almost half the day I waste in miseries and cries

 

Early the next day, Jae Eun woke up groaning due to her never-ending cries last night. She held her head as it throbs painfully. Jae Eun also noticed that she fell asleep while in a sitting position at her door. Her beautiful face was stained with her ‘already’ dried tears, too.

As soon as flashbacks of what exactly happened during their not-so-first argument last night, she felt nothing but pain. That pushed her to.

She got to her feet. Facing the mirror by her bathroom while gripping the sink with too much force to support her to stand still, in her mind she said.

 

“Yesterday night will be the last…” Jae Eun whispered to herself as she looks at her own reflection.

 

Never feeling tensed like before, she stepped down from her room to the living room. There, Jae Eun saw Jaejoong. She was about to leave his premises when she heard him say.

 

“Where do you think you’re going this early?” Jae Eun did not face him during the process of asking her, “it’s still 7AM. Cook me breakfast before you go elsewhere!” he demanded.

“I am an A-straight student and today is Monday, I have classes today… Where do you expect me to go then?” she replied to him, iciness never leaving her voice, “now, if you’ll excuse me.”

 

Without waiting for what he has to say, Jae Eun opened the door leading her way out the house and walked away.

 

“Yah! Get back here and cook me breakfast!” he shouted but it was useless.

 

Confusion then hit Jaejoong, he hasn’t seen her act that way before― quiet and cold. Yes, he had heard Jae Eun vent out frustrations, his ears often feel hurt when he hears her deafening shouts towards him, and he had also seen her so angry at him. But Jae Eun being quiet and cold in that way is an unusual thing.

On the other hand, Jae Eun decided to walk going to school since it is still early. Her mind travelled the way to a thousand of thoughts that sent her to trance. She did that for a few minutes and before she could notice, she is already at the front gate of her school.

 

“Oh…” was all she could muster.

 

In no time, she found her homeroom. Jae Eun walked pass Yoochun’s seat without sending him a morning greeting which caused him to notice her unusual behavior. Right then, Yoochun knew something happened. Being physically-present but mentally-absent, especially in school, isn’t her thing. It saddened him to see her like that.

 

“Morning, Jae Eun,” he sat on her desk and tried to catch her attention to which he successfully did.

“Oh~ good morning, oppa,” the gloom in her eyes retained, “sorry, I didn’t notice you a while ago…”

“Something’s wrong…” Yoochun didn’t want to waste time.

“Huh? Wha- what do you mean?”

“Tell me…”

“I don’t u- und- erstand what you’re tryin…?” Jae Eun tried to hide the matter from Yoochun but she didn’t succeed in any way as she kept on giving him stuttered replies which Yoochun then cut off.

“Don’t keep it to yourself and just tell me. I know something isn’t right,” she felt seriousness in his voice.

“Uhm, well, last nig-“ Jae Eun was about to narrate what happened when their adviser told everyone to take their seats.

“Tell me later…” Yoochun squished her hand lightly earning a nod from the girl sitting across him.

 

When everybody in class already took their proper seats, their adviser started speaking in front.

 

“Yorubun, Annyeong Haseyo,” she initiated a greeting.

“Annyeong Haseyo, seongsaengnim!” the homeroom replied.

“I know you guys are aware that we only have three more months to prepare for your upcoming graduation, right?” the teacher asked expecting, “okay, so, as part of the senior class, I expect all of you to cooperate with the rehearsals that will start right exactly next week, araseo?”

“NE!” room 1-D cheered.

“Okay, I think we understood each other,” she commented, “let’s start the class.”

 

All through-out the duration of the class, Jae Eun seemed to be out of the world. Might have been still in a trance, she is. Yoochun even had to wave his hands to catch her attention again when the teacher is writing on the board.

Six subjects came and time flew fast as the bell rang, calling out for a lunch break.

 

“Hey! Where’s your lunch?” Yoochun’s eyes looked around her, “forgot them?”

“Yeah, you could say.”

“Let’s just share, then,” he then said while he raised his bento box.

“Okay,” Jae Eun flashed her sweet smile.

 

They were at the school’s round table by the green lawn. It’s their favorite place. They go there either when it’s lunch time or free time.

 

“Now, tell me what happened,” Yoochun broke the silent moment, “was it your dad again?” Jae Eun nodded to his question.

“What exactly happened? And when was it?” he sounded furious.

“It was obviously just last night. It was after you take me home…” she confessed.

“I should have stayed for a bit…” Yoochun muttered under his breath.

“What did you say?”

“Ah, it’s nothing,” he lied, “so, I want to hear what happened?”

 

After Jae Eun confessed him everything that happened, Yoochun absent-mindedly gave hear a tight hug. Maybe he wants her to feel she still has him and she is not alone.

 

“Eun-ah, be strong, okay?” he cupped her face, “I’m always here for you. I wouldn’t leave you, do you understand?”

“Thank you…” Jae Eun returned the hug.

 

Soon, tears escaped her eyes once again. She let out all what she feels to him while still stuck in his loving hug.

 

“Uljima, Jae Eun…” Yoochun automatically sprung his hands up her face to wipe her tears away, “shh~ uljima… Oppa is here…” he kept on comforting her.

“Oppa, I can’t bear this anymore. I’m scared to hear him throwing me painful words again,” Jae Eun’s voice tensed, “I’m already close to destroying my own barrier!”

“Don’t listen to him. Just mind yourself.”

“Oppa…”

“Sshh, stop crying now. I hate seeing you in this state. This is so not you,” Yoochun vented out.

“I am sorry I’m actually involving you in my miserable life…”

“No,” he replied, “I’m sorry I couldn’t protect you from the person who always brings you in tears…”

“Mr. Kim went overboard this time…” those words came out his mouth inaudibly.

 

 

_______________________________________________________________________________________

 

Okay… SECOND UPDATE!
I might be posting the fourth one on tomorrow or Friday.
Hopefully, I might get a rest day that day.

Keep posted guys.
Thank you again. Love you all! :]

More Subscribers and More Comments to come.

MORE LOVE FROM YOU GUYS! <3

 

A/N: More interactions between Jae Eun and Jaejoong will start in the next chapters after this. :]
And I will be posting up another -story soon!

 

-- barbieBOO --