Charmed

Like Spring
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"I'm going to work!" I casually called out throughout the room so they could hear me.

"Okay unnie!"

"Be good guys!" I said just before leaving.

It's night again ~ I think, the sun is setting, thats for sure and I'm already leaving just to deliver pizzas the whole night.

Sometimes, I wonder what my life would be like right now if my parents were still alive.

I walked into the building to put on my cap and helped out by the kitchen ~ but I didnt have to, they were already done with one order.

"Deliver this to the same person last night."

I knew exactly who was talking about, but just to be sure, I asked. "Who is it? I delivered pizzas to 15 different people last night."

"The last one, before your shift ended."

I curled my lips, wondering why I asked when I knew who it was anyway.

I built up enough courage just to leave the building and onto the bike.

Luckily, its only one pizza he ordered.

On the journey, I had some thoughts, why a rich folk order pizza when there are so many other choices.

Just like last night, I pressed the button infront of the gates and announced the delivery.

"Come in." I heard the same voice.

I drove into the lot and parked infront of the main door again where he stood on the door step waiting.

"$12.50." I held out my right hand for the cash as my left hand held the pizza.

Again, he took out his wallet to count the money.

He gave me $40.

I stood there glarring with the money on my hands as he took the pizza.

"What?" Yi Fan noticed and looked at me obliviously.

"Do I have to reject you again? ~ I don't want your money." I counted the extra cash and gave it back to him.

"I was just trying to help."

"Well dont." I walked back to the motor bike, knowing he grinned.

Drove back to my work place and I heard the phone ring instantly, I ran to the desk to pick it up.

"Pizza express, how may I help you?"

"I'd like to order a Hawaiin pizza, please."

. Its him again, I clearly knew it.

"Size?" I tried to stay calm.

"Large."

"Is that all?"

"Yes."

"That'll be $15, with NO change." I emphasised to get it into his head.

Yi Fan chuckled through the line. "Alright."

"Thank you for-" He hung up before I could finish my sentance. I was about to loose my temper and take it out on the phone but I slowly put it down.

I walked into the kitchen where my boss was resting.

"1 large hawaiin pizza." I stated.

"Again?"

He watched me nodd. "It's for the same person."

He jumped out of his seat just to get the doe whilst I got the ingrediants.

We finished quite quickly, especially for a large, it was the teamwork that got us through.

I repeated the same steps as earlier, the usual pressing the button and parking infront of his door, again he was waiting.

"$15." My hand peaked out open to recieve the money.

Oddly enough, he didnt give me change when I expected it.

He took the pizza and checked it.

"This isn't what I ordered." He pushed the pizza carton back to me.

"1 large hawaiin, thats what you ordered." I remembered.

"I ordered pepperoni."

Is he playing games? Its obvious he ordered Hawaiin, since last night, its always been Hawaiin.

"No...you ordered hawaiin." I argued.

"Arguing with the customer, huh?"

"You definatly ordered hawaiin."

"Maybe I did, maybe I didnt." He smirked, leaning against the wall.

I dropped it. I dropped the pizza on the ground and squinted my eyes at him.

"Is this a joke to you?"

"A joke? Of course not." Yi Fan shrugged.

"You ordered hawaiin." I backed myself up.

"Pepperoni with root beer."

"You've got to me kidding me." I sulked.

"You messed up my order."

"No, you changed your order."

"Just go and get it quick before I complain."

I turned around so my back would face him just before I whispered something.

"You're just like your brother."

"What was that?" 

"Nothing." I went on my bike leaving the pizza on the floor and drove away.

"1 pepperoni and root beer." I raised my voice so my boss can hear from the other room.

"Whos this for?"

"The same person...again."

"Thats odd, he normally doesn't order pepperoni."

"Well apparently, I messed up the order." I rolled my eyes informally, forgetting that he's my boss.

"Don't mess it up next time." He commanded. "And what size?"

"Oh my gosh, I forgot to ask."

"Its probably a large anyway."

Before I knew it, I ended up infront of his doorstep again, noticing the pizza box before is gone.

He opened the door to take the pizza. He was holding the pizza from before, the one I dropped and he was eating it so well.

I wasnt going to charge extra since I didnt give him the past $15 back.

"$15." I held out my hand.

He gave me $15 and called out a name behind him. "Chaioxiang!" 

The boy replied in Chinese which I couldnt understand.

I knew who he was anyway, the little brat who keeps bothering my siblings.

"This is her." Yi Fan said in Korean, taking the box off of me and giving it to him.

"Hana and Jung Hwans sister?"

"Mmmhmm." Yi Fan hummed.

"Its weird, she's actually good-looking."

I furrowed my eyebrows at him.

"That's a compliment." Yi Fan confirmed, knowing I looked insulted.

"I didn't take it as one." I snapped.

"Well?" Yi Fan eyed Chiaoxiang.

Chiaoxiang shrugged silently.

"Say sorry." He ordered.

"For what? I havent done anything." He defended himself as innocent. What a brat.

"Shall I list the things you have been doing?" Furrowing my eyebrows, I showed a cheeky side of myself.

He quitened down to listen.

"I hear you've been calling my sister names." I held out my hand, pointing at my fingers listing his actions. "'My .', 'My .', 'My little .'" As I said those words, Yi Fan glarred down at Chiaoxhang, having no idea he's the type to say those words.

"Shall I continue?" 

"No." Chiaoxiang hissed.

"Please." Yi Fan suggested.

"He even has girls on his side verbally abusing my sister by saying 'who would love you? You need to get your face fixed for someone to actually like you, let alone love you.' And, 'Chiaoxiang would never go for desperate orphans.'"

"That wasn't my doings." He informed.

"True." I agreed, shrugging my shoulders. "But I do believe that you either told them to or even if you didnt, you could've stopped them."

He remained quiet, showing his defeated face.

"After the 'little' names you've been calling my sister, my brother stood up for her, and then I find him coming home to a harmed face. I had to treat his wounds, and bruises. Seeing as there were cuts, it wasnt just a hand-to-hand fight, there were probably materials involved." I folded my arms, showing how superior I felt.

"Chiaoxiang, is that true?"

Chiaoxiangs eyes moved left to right. "It's not that bad." He commented fearlessly.

"'Not that bad'?" I scoffed, I was about to go bonkers on him but I didnt want to break down infront of them after feeling superior. "My sister is doing self harm and you're telling me it's not that bad?!" I was tempted to add the attempted suicide but thats classified information.

"Chiaoxiang, you have to say sorry." Yi Fan forced.

"And what? You think sorry is going to make everything better? It's not."

It took some guts for Chiaoxiang to own up and ask for forgiveness. "I'm sorry."

"It's not me you have to say sorry to." I glarred, turning my back, on my way to the veihicle.

"Hey" He grabbed my arm to pull me towards him and face him.

I pushed his chest away to form some distance between us.

"Do you want to go out? Like for some coffee? Or a drink?"

I bit my lip. "You really think I'd go out with you?"

"Not like a date if thats what you're thinking."

"I was thinking the opposite."

***

The next night, I was back in at my job and I just delivered a total amount of 20 pizzas to 12 different people.

I came back to see my boss on the phone with someone.

"Okay, I'll get right on it." He hung up. 

"Who was that?"

"Kris."

"Kris?" I'm unaware of who that person is.

"You don't know Kris?"

"I'm afraid not."

"Its the person you always deliver the pizzas to."

"He called again?!"

"Yes."

I moaned out of the annoyance he has been giving me but I turned it into a smile when my boss came to look back at me.

After making 2 large pizzas, before exiting the building, my boss gave me a little cheer. "Have fun!" he exclaimed.

Have fun? what does that mean?

Back to his house I go and this time he was sitting down on his door step.

"$30." I stated.

"Here." He gave me the cash.

Strangely, it felt light.

He didnt give me the correct amount.

"This is $15."

"I know." he grinned.

"So give me the other half."

"What if I don't want to?"

"Then I'll just call the police." I threatened.

"Blackmailing is illegal."

"Not really when you owe me another $15."

"I could give you $20."

"I don't want $20." I hissed.

"See? You wont even take the money."

Not wanting to deal with it, I sighed. "Whats it going to take for you to give me $15?"

"Lets go out." He suggested.

"Now?" I furrowed my eyebrows.

"Now." The corners of Yi Fans mouth shot up forming a smile.

"I'm working." I reminded him.

"No problem, I already informed your boss."

"So thats what he meant by 'have fun'." I curled my lips. "No. I dont want to." I stubbornly rejected.

"Then you wont get the $15."

"Thats fine with me."

***

Today in college I had to catch up on things I've been fallong behind of but because of my hard work, I left earlier than I expected, however I was late for work. Not for the pizza delivery, my other part time job, in the café.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter